3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Carb Counters

Craving carbs like mad!

Old 11-18-2013, 07:46 PM   #16

S/C/G: 300/225/150

Height: 5'4

Hi smileygirlmel!
I am still sticking to my plan, the loss is very slow now but scale is still not going up.
I was out of town again last week for work and for the first time since I started the low carb plan 3 months ago, I ate bread... it was catered sandwiches and just not enough filling in them to take the bread off and have anything left. So I took the top off and just ate the bottoms with the crappy deli meats. I was convinced I was going to gain 5 lbs, but the scale went up only 2 lbs. Then this weekend I had alcohol for the first time in 3 months (attended a celebration and couldn't resist)
This morning the scale was down 1 lb lower than when I went out of town, so it didn't seem to mess me up too much.
I started incorporating flax meal in the form of a quick bread and going to see if that hurts or helps.
I am still considering the idea of eating high carb on one day. I don't believe in the idea of calling it a 'cheat day' that implies that all the rest of the days I am depriving myself. I think it is more healthy for me to consider this a way of life everyday instead of being on a 'diet'.
But I am no longer going to worry about having carbs on one meal or two, it won't derail me and I will be able to continue eating as I have been.

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. -George Orwell
Catgoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:20 AM   #17
Because I am.

S/C/G: 292/200/165

Height: 5' 7"

I'm on a medically supervised, low-fat, low-carb program right now. The doctor is very insistent that I eat the amount of protein the program requires. That includes three Nutrimed Protein bars at 6 a.m., 9 a.m., and 3 p.m. For meals at Noon and 6 p.m., I am to eat 4 oz of meat protein or eggs. The doctor said the more protein I consume, the less I will experience hunger throughout the day. This doesn't mean I don't have mental cravings for milk and bread but focusing on the program and sticking to the time schedule helps to distract me. Oh, and barrels of water. She has me drinking 112 ounces of water a day to prevent headaches and lethargy.

One for every 10 pounds lost; one for every 5 pounds lost:
worththeeffort2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:19 AM   #18

S/C/G: 235 / 190 / 165

If you do decide to have a "cheat" I'd recommend it being only one meal and not one day...
sarahinparis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 04:38 PM   #19

S/C/G: 300/225/150

Height: 5'4

I agree, I don't think I would be able to recover from a whole cheat day. And I think I am leaning towards just doing a free day once a month. But will see how it goes for the next few weeks.

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. -George Orwell
Catgoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 03:39 PM   #20
jmhwis50

S/C/G: 182/ 180/ 125

Height: 5 ft 3.5 inches

Boullion and Coconut oil in a cup of hot water takes care of my cravings and fills me up. It also takes care of joint pain.
jmh6251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.