I've lost 23 pounds since February limiting carbs. I'm not super low carb, just shooting for around 100 g of carbs a day or so, and that seems to do the trick. I'm getting into a bit of a rut, so wanted to get some ideas from some other low carbers out there to see what your go to foods - for either meals or snacks - are so I can mix it up a bit.
Some of my staples over the last few months:
- mashed cauliflower with cream cheese and/or butter
- cottage cheese
- carrots and hummus (homemade or store-bought)
- nut butters right off the spoon
- raw almonds and sunflower seeds (I keep them in my desk drawer)
- cold lentil salad with lots of veggies
- beans with salsa and avocado
- omelette with whatever veggies are on hand
- egg salad either on its own or over greens
- greek yogurt with berries and flax seed, chia seed and cacao nibs
- apple slices and nut butter
- grilled or baked salmon
- canned tuna
A pretty good list, and tasty stuff, but I'd like to branch out. Ideas?