Old 02-03-2016, 01:56 PM   #1  

Default Can one do moderately LCHF without counting or tracking?

HI. New to this forum and website! Short story: 57 y/o female, had most success in the past with Weight Watchers, but tired of the constant changes and being a slave to tracking, etc. Just read "Always Hungry?" along with lots of web content on LCHF and am intrigued. However, it's just not practical to give up all carbs, or always eliminate one category, such as bread. Has anyone had success with a moderate approach, but one that doesn't involve counting carb grams daily? I know I can reduce significantly my processed carbs, but not entire categories all the time.

I've tried MyFitnessPal when attempting calorie counting, and I know it provides carb counts, but I just don't want to track anymore!

BTW, I have 15 - 20 to lose, not too much, after losing 37 on WW several years ago and gaining back close to half.

Thanks so much!
FermataMEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 02:45 PM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by FermataMEW View Post
HI. New to this forum and website! Short story: 57 y/o female, had most success in the past with Weight Watchers, but tired of the constant changes and being a slave to tracking, etc. Just read "Always Hungry?" along with lots of web content on LCHF and am intrigued. However, it's just not practical to give up all carbs, or always eliminate one category, such as bread. Has anyone had success with a moderate approach, but one that doesn't involve counting carb grams daily? I know I can reduce significantly my processed carbs, but not entire categories all the time.

I've tried MyFitnessPal when attempting calorie counting, and I know it provides carb counts, but I just don't want to track anymore!

BTW, I have 15 - 20 to lose, not too much, after losing 37 on WW several years ago and gaining back close to half.

Thanks so much!
This sounds like a possibility (first post describes the way of eating). Sending good wishes your way

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/othe...hread-4-a.html

Last edited by Sundove; 02-03-2016 at 02:46 PM.
Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 03:52 PM   #3  

Wow, this looks great. Thanks. I just found this website today, so hadn't explored everything yet.
FermataMEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 09:50 PM   #4  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

I have had some success but really with low carb, low fat. I don't track anything. At least not any more.

If you go nuts with the fat, it might not work. You might be able to do low carb, high good fat (fish, avocado, olive oil etc.) but all fats will probably backfire, especially at your weight because you don't have much to lose. So watch the cheese and dairy and the saturated. Just my opinion.

On the carbs, I have found targeting the processed ones (bread, cake, candy, soda even pasta and rice) works a treat but less processed ones (oats, beans (hummus), dried fruit, fresh fruit) are cool.

I really just eat clean. Low processed carb, relatively high good fats (low saturated and limited dairy) and lots of raw foods i.e. uncooked veg and minimally processed (boiled, light fried, broiled) protein.

In short, eat a lot of stuff that is good for you and nutritious and nothing that is just empty calories.

Except booze.

Last edited by IanG; 02-03-2016 at 09:59 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote