3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   Paleo/Primal Eaters - Can't break throug this plateau .. any advice? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/277721-paleo-primal-eaters-cant-break-throug-plateau-any-advice.html)

mandypandy2246 03-15-2013 02:24 PM

Paleo/Primal Eaters - Can't break throug this plateau .. any advice?

I can not break through this plateau ... its been several weeks now with a few bouncing around but mostly hovering at 265 266.

Any advice?

I guess maybe I am just eating too much?

TripSwitch 03-15-2013 02:45 PM

Are you following a specific plan? I found even though my plan is relatively low carb when I would take a closer look at the calories... usually I would find that I was eating more of "little" things without realizing it... an extra piece of fruit here... an extra handful of nuts there... just a little bit "extra" dressing on my super "healthy" salad... All of that healthy food can really start to add up after a while... before you even realize it... So I would need to start measuring and weighing certain things just to get a grip on things again for a little while...

JenMusic 03-15-2013 03:24 PM

Here are a couple of good links from Mark's Daily Apple to check out:

17 Reasons You're Not Losing Weight

Weight Loss Plateau

mandypandy2246 03-17-2013 10:34 PM

Thanks guys! :) I had seen the Mark's links. I haven't been exercising. I should see if that breaks the plateau.

CabernetKitty 03-22-2013 02:15 PM

I'd say pay more attention to calories- they don't don't count calories on a low-carb plan, but you need a ballpark in my opinion. You will gain weight if you eat more calories, period. I gained weight eating low-carb because I was like OM NOM NOM NO COUNTING CALORIES LET ME EAT ALL THESE NUTS AND CHICKEN BREASTS AND EGGS AND AS MUCH AS I WANT! lol

joefla70 03-22-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CabernetKitty (Post 4678167)
I'd say pay more attention to calories- they don't don't count calories on a low-carb plan, but you need a ballpark in my opinion. You will gain weight if you eat more calories, period. I gained weight eating low-carb because I was like OM NOM NOM NO COUNTING CALORIES LET ME EAT ALL THESE NUTS AND CHICKEN BREASTS AND EGGS AND AS MUCH AS I WANT! lol

LOL! You are so right. I didn't gain weight doing this, but I definitely stalled for several weeks. It wasn't until I started cutting out the snacking on the nuts and eat less protein and more veggies that I started losing weight again.

mandypandy2246 03-22-2013 05:34 PM

Thanks guys. It's true - calories still matter with low carb (although you get to have more with low carb generally) ... I shoudl check that.

California17 03-23-2013 03:51 AM

Calories yes, but I find I stall most on primal/paleo when I go freestyle on the fat. Fat is very calorie dense, and this may be causing the problem.

All the best!!