Old 01-10-2013, 07:03 AM   #1  
fighting the flab

S/C/G: 154/151/125

Height: 1.67m

Wink bit of atkins bit of me....

Well I'm pretty new to all of this... I've always been super slender but since my pregnancy... (My dd is now 11 months old) I have just been. Gaining and gaining weight. I was 154lbs when I started my own variation of the atkins induction... On the 7th and I've lost ±3lbs (90% water weight know but it still feels awesome lol)

I've never been able to stick to a physical diet but the concept of high protein low carbs is a relatively easy one for me to follow but I choose my own foods... I'm a comfort eater... And I eat what I'm in the mood for... Otherwise I'm an emotional whirlwind.... Example today I felt like an illicit sugar free, fat free chocolate bar, nowhere near as good as the real thing, but it curbed my sweet tooth for a while and I still have 12carbs left for the day...

Not the best way to do it I know but I'm in ketosis, was positive this morning so... Fingers crossed I stay there....

Salad greens and chicken slices tonight though....

Anyone else who modifies the induction phase??? Or basically just counts carbs and uses a diet only for guidelines???
SA Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 254/229.5/190

Height: 5"8

I have never done Atkins- tried it 10 years ago and gave in 3 days in. I however did Ideal Protein which is similar however different to Atkins because you eat their foods- worked for me first time around lost all my weight phased off correctly, ate really healthy however the scale kept getting higher and higher until I gained all the weight back. Went back on IP lost 20- but felt the cost was really putting a strain on my wallet- started counting carbs lost a few pounds over a month. Now I’m following wheat belly- which has made me realize how wheat has affected me. Whatever plan you choose it needs to be a forever lifestyle change, you cannot lose all the weight and go back to eating fast food and not gain it back. It took me many diets to find what works for me. I could not do weight watchers as I ate a bunch of crap that still fell into my points- too ‘loose’ of a plan for me, counting carbs was hard as I have a family and it ended up I was cooking 2 meals most nights and I work full-time- too much work required lol. Play around with Atkins and see what works for you! Good luck!
Billster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:05 AM   #3  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

The best plan is the one you can follow. If that means picking from different plans, then so be it!

I pick a little here and there from different plans to suit my lifestyle. Calorie counting is the first and foremost thing that grounds any food decision I make, but I also follow the Primal Blueprint most of the time, and below that I just try to eat mostly whole foods. There's no need for me to be "perfect" on any one plan because I'm following MY plan and it's tailored for MY LIFE.

I recently got a free Atkins startup kit and I'm looking to try and incorporate a little of that into my diet too. It was the bars that sold me—they were pretty darn tasty!
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:13 AM   #4  
fighting the flab

S/C/G: 154/151/125

Height: 1.67m

Thanks for the input I feel a bit better now about my plan.... I'm new to the whole weight loss thing, it's a very emotional journey for me, but I'm. Sure I'll manage...

We can't get the atkins bars easily in south africa... So I import mine from the uk.... My mum sends them to me... But it's so expensive so I try and do without hahahaha

I must admit the atkins programme is easier to follow for me cos I'm a total carnivore.... And my husband is a pro hunter so game meat is readily available to me all year round so that's nice at least....
SA Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/149/125

Height: 5'1"

Be careful with those Atkins bars! They stalled my weight loss for days after eating a whole protien bar. Almost kicked me outta ketosis.
The shakes seems to be fine tho.

I have lost 8lbs in 2 weeks on Atkins! Never lost that much in one time on diet (I used to be calorie counter) and I'm never starving. So that's a plus!

Good luck!
Forevermercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:28 PM   #6  
Journey On

S/C/G: 240.0/240.0/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Chick View Post
Thanks for the input I feel a bit better now about my plan.... I'm new to the whole weight loss thing, it's a very emotional journey for me, but I'm. Sure I'll manage...

We can't get the atkins bars easily in south africa... So I import mine from the uk.... My mum sends them to me... But it's so expensive so I try and do without hahahaha

I must admit the atkins programme is easier to follow for me cos I'm a total carnivore.... And my husband is a pro hunter so game meat is readily available to me all year round so that's nice at least....
The ease of Atkins/low carb is what attracts me to it as well. It's so easy to just eat meats, eggs, cheese, veggies...a no brainer to me.

I would second what another poster said though: try to stay away from the Atkins bars! They are notorious stallers! You are better off eating real foods.

Good luck on your journey.

(back after being MIA for a while)

~Gr8~

Last edited by Gr8by48; 01-26-2013 at 11:30 PM.
Gr8by48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:44 AM   #7  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forevermercy View Post
Be careful with those Atkins bars! They stalled my weight loss for days after eating a whole protien bar. Almost kicked me outta ketosis.
This will help you to better understand Atkins bars
http://www.phlaunt.com/lowcarb/19059967.php

JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote