Old 05-17-2012, 01:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Anyone Doing Carb Cyling?

I am decided that this is my new WOE for a while. I just started. I tried carb cycling on my own, but I did regular/low/regular/low. I was frustrated that I didn't really see any results, and then I picked up a a magazine and it said that a 2 day diet was superior. The 2 day diet should consist of 2 consecutive days of no more than 50g carbs. The article stated that the benefit was for insulin resistance. http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/239041.php

So I tried my first day yesterday, today I was either 2 lbs lighter because of the lower carbs, or I was just 2 lbs lighter from trying something different.

Either way, i am going to do this for at least 2 months to see if it helps.

any one else doing a low carb variation diet?

my only worry is the off days. I hope i don't mess everything up.

So far today:

Red Raspberry leaf tea with 1/4 c almond milk, 1/2 tsp of domino light (sugar/stevia)
2 egg omelet with spinach, mushroom, green onion, and mozzarella cheese.
4 cubes cantalope
5 pcs mini dark chocolate chips.
1 c cucumber
2 eggs
1 tbsp mayo
1 oz avocado
1/4 c cantalope.

Last edited by jendiet; 05-17-2012 at 05:48 PM.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:06 PM   #2  

I am. I'm doing a more modified version of it, though, since I can't eat sugar (fructose intolerance). So I'm doing 2 days a week of under 50g, and the rest under 100 grams. On the high days I play to stay under 1600 calories. Still not sure if that's going to work, so it's probably going to be up for some adjustment.

I hit 43g of carbs yesterday, and 51 today. I actually didn't plan for today to be a low day, but it worked out more that way than I expected.

I was just reading your siggy, and I also had hashimoto's, but my thyroid has been completely removed. Not sure it was an ideal solution, but I also had cancer, plus, I was a teen and everyone sort of decided for me at the time.
IndigoBanshee is offline   Reply With Quote