Old 05-01-2011, 01:45 PM   #1  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

Lightbulb May Whole 30

Inspired by April's thread, I've decided to give it a go.

"Whole 30" is essentially eating Paleo for 30 days straight, clean and simple. It was planned by a blog/website called "Whole 9".

It also involves no weighing yourself, no drinking, no "paleo-ization" of non paleo foods.

My major goal is break my addiction to sweets. I've developed a dark-chocolate eating habit that has become a crutch.

How about you?
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 02:23 PM   #2  
War Eagle!

S/C/G: 194/165/140

Height: 5'2"

Good for you, souvenirdarling!

I need to relax a bit, or I would do it with you. I know it's possible now, and I did lose 4 pounds last month. No sugar and no sweeteners was really hard to get used to, but now that I've done it, it is much easier. I'm not going to use Splenda anymore, and that is really saying something. I really liked having something sweet.

Good luck!!

Last edited by theCandEs; 05-01-2011 at 02:23 PM.
theCandEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 02:25 PM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

Thank you for starting this thread Souvenir ...

May I promise will be better than April... I am happy April is over it was a stressful month... Son moving out, daughter moving back with issues with former roommate ... just stuff!!!

I need to stay on track for May, I have my annual check up and I want all the numbers to look good...

I'm all bloated today ate a spinach dip with pumpernickel bread and I had the worse cramps this morning, they are finally gone!

I ran a 5k this morning it felt good, the weather was perfect!

I am going to start tomorrow with the W30 today we are having my parents over and I will have wine. I am serving ribs with rice and veggies, I will not have the rice...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 04:50 PM   #4  
Come on ONEderland!

S/C/G: 254/ticker/175

Height: 5'-7"

I think I will join you and stick with this- it works! Although today I'm cheating. Finished my half marathon AND PR'd! Wowie!
uscarchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:54 AM   #5  
Ilene the Bean

uscarchie --way to go on your half
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:04 AM   #6  
Which round am I at now?

Sriously, usarchie: a half marathon is serious points!

theCandEs: Sweets have been my downfall, especially bready ones, and it's just something that I'm going to have to work on

I have a lot to do today: I'm off to do some grocery shopping now. I have to go vote, because we're having our federal elections today. I have a fair amount of homework I'd like to complete (that I've been extremely procrastinating.)

s for all things Paleo, so far so good. I'm expecting the work days to be the toughest
Old 05-02-2011, 01:04 PM   #7  
Come on ONEderland!

Work days are the easiest for me- because I can avoid being home and mindless snacking. Plus I keep my large selection of teas here, so when I get hungry/bored I have a cup of tea first. THEN I think about what to snack on.

Although there is a caveat- when there's goodies in the kitchen here at work I have to run through the kitchen and tell those goodies that they're no good, awful, terrible things and I don't want them.

Lately there are fewer goodies, though.

Okay- yesterday was a carb binge, as was Saturday. Pizza made my stomach upset- I think I do have problems with dairy. So I'll keep that out of my life for now.

I'm not going to do the whole 30 quite as strictly as last month- I'm going to try some gluten free pasta- see if the gluten of the pizza dough was what made me sick. But for the most part- no sugar, no dairy, no grains, no beans.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:41 PM   #8  
Come on ONEderland!

Okay, I have been having issues with that left over pizza. NOW it's gone for good. So now I've got to get serious about this. At my last doctor's visit my blood pressure was high. I've been monitoring it at home and it's fine- so I think it was a white coat elevated reading... but I'm going back in two weeks to double check it.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:06 AM   #9  
Which round am I at now?

I didn't know you could change your cholesterol in two weeks

I've had some downfalls - kind of make's me laugh, since it's only the 4th!

I've been seriously enjoying my green smoothies lately Typically I'd make them with soy milk, spinach and mango, but I've been subbing the soy with coconut milk and water and it really hits the spot.

Today I'm crocking some curried coconut beef that was linked to a while ago at MDA. I also have a load of work to finish, errands to run...

AND I got a call back from a job application, yesterday. I need to call them back today - and hopefully, this will turn into something good I'm really anxious!!
Old 05-06-2011, 12:16 PM   #10  
Come on ONEderland!

Woo Hoo! Crossing my fingers for you on the job, Souvenir. You're doing great. I like that green smoothie idea. It's probably pretty healthy, too. Maybe I'll try one myself.

Otherwise... kinda in a holding pattern. I had a good week and then I ate out last night and didn't stay on plan. Today- back on plan.