Old 04-07-2011, 07:52 PM   #16  

Well I'm surviving this way of eating, just barely. Watched Addicted to Food and took away some interesting ideas. I'm trying to feel what I'm feeling and not push it away with food. Lots of self talk these days. Yes I'm bored, not hungry, yes, I'm sad, not hungry etc. Now how to reprogram my mind???
saycindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:51 PM   #17  
Ilene the Bean

Ok, I'm in I completely forgot about this W30 thread....

We're only April 7th, so I'm not that much off ...

Today the only thing I fell off was that I ate about 6 wheat crackers that made it to my mouth without my realizing it, weird, I'm usually so conscientious of what goes in my mouth... But Ii nipped that in the bud and put the box away...

I cut out coffee and cream my first W30 in January and I'm still on that...

I'll post stats tomorrow morning when I weigh myself...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 03:25 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 247.6/236.0/135

Height: 5 ft 3 inches

Just dropping in to cheer ya'll on! WOOT WOOT WOOT!!!!!
Arkansas Kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 01:05 PM   #19  
Come on ONEderland!

S/C/G: 254/ticker/175

Height: 5'-7"

Survived my business trip. On club soda and lime. Although I was starving on Friday at a factory tour. All the food options were carbs. And sweets.

I ran my 5k on Saturday and did it non-stop. First time ever! Woooo!

Now I'm home and it'll be easy to eat clean.

Saycindy, boredom will make you quit this diet right quick! Go to the grocery store, get some fresh looking veggie you don't usually get, and cook it up. Look up Whole30 and search the recipes. Or Mark Sisson's daily apple. There are a ton of resources!
uscarchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 01:50 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Ladies - good job to all so far!

I start tomorrow. And boy I need to. I'm super bloated right now - I ate a bunch of fruit yesterday and some whipped cream with dark chocolate chips and about 2 t. of real maple syrup. I was craving sweets. PMS!!!

Between being a little crampy and all I ate yesterday and that, man, am I feeling bloated and icky.

I plan to make my kale chips today - wish I could make enough to snack on a few days or weeks, but I always eat them within one -two days. I'm also making homemade mayo. Grassfed fed beef is thawing and I'm going to boil some eggs. Yay for planning.

Glad to see everyone is doing so well - I"ll be 1.5 weeks behind, so who will keep going with me until May 11?
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:43 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 223/194/160

Height: 5' 4"

i decided to take my measurments. i dont know what my pre atkins stats where. i didnt measure myself , i prolly didnt want to lol.
here they are
weight: 190 something, not weighing in till friday
chest: 39
waist 36
hips 44
thigh 26
arm 13
i havent taken my measurments in years. but i do remember some of them from yrs ago and i know im smaller now!
fireravensees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 01:46 PM   #22  
Come on ONEderland!

It's good to feel smaller. I know I'm smaller because my pants are getting lose- but I won't do the final measuring until May 1st.

Let's see: Doin' ok- had a minor cheat with some peanut butter, but I think that's OK. I'm feeling really good. I found english peas at trader joes and I love them so much! Maybe eating too many peas but they taste so good.

I'm going to a festival in the desert this weekend. Not sure how I'm going to stay on plan there but I am pretty sure I'll be able to make it work. Salads are always a good fall back plan.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:15 AM   #23  
War Eagle!

S/C/G: 194/165/140

Height: 5'2"

Okay, I'm back. Had a banana and an egg for breakfast. It's amazing how after you give up sugar everything tastes sweeter. That banana was awesome!

uscarchie, I had some English peas last night and they were good, too! I know what you mean.

Hello, new people! The more, the merrier! uscarchie is our bold and fearless leader, but I just wanted to say hi to you all.

I have to go grocery shopping today. What do you all eat for lunch? I'm really getting tired of salad, but it seems to be my staple.

Have a great day!
theCandEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:49 PM   #24  
Come on ONEderland!

My lunch usually consists of a steamed veggie pack- I've been buying those "steam in the bag" veggies. Then I add a protein. 1/2 a chicken breast, some steak, whatever I might have leftover from dinner the day before. I might also have some salad- and if I'm lucky, 1/2 of an avocado.

I don't like eating salads all the time- I much prefer steamed veggies. Easy to microwave.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:51 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Hi Ladies,
I'm still eating some dairy this week, so I am not doing whole30; however, I have not had any alcohol - yay.

Just wanted to say way to go to all of you!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 08:08 AM   #26  
War Eagle!

That's a good idea, uscarchie. I will have to pick up some veggie thingies when I'm out today. I'm getting so tired of salad.

You can still stop by, Claire! We still need encouragement. Thanks!
Old 04-14-2011, 11:21 AM   #27  
Come on ONEderland!

Mmmm, veggies. I think what makes this easy for me is one of my favorite dinners is steamed veggies. I've just been making sure I add some protein in.

So there's a celebration in my pants today! I'm fitting into my skinny jeans! The size 12 pants that I've not been able to wear for about a year. I had gotten down to this size before, quit South Beach, and started gaining slowly. Very very slowly. Now I'm back in them! Woooo! NSV!
Old 04-14-2011, 03:15 PM   #28  
Ilene the Bean

on your NSV uscarchie

I'm not being very W30 these days ... but I'm trying ... One day at a time, one minute at a time....
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:52 PM   #29  
Come on ONEderland!

You just have to do the best you can. It's not always going to work- but hey, when you're in the groove, stick with it!

I'm hitting an "I WANT COFFEE!" wall- but the thing is, black coffee isn't my thing- what my cravings really mean is "I WANT CREAM AND SUGAR with a teensy bit of coffee flavor!" so I have to ignore those cravings.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:10 PM   #30  
War Eagle!

I understand the coffee thing. I gave up sugar and artificial sweeteners. Man, it was hard, but I think I've gotten through it now.

Congrats on fitting into the skinny jeans! WTG!

Scale says I'm officially down to 142, so I changed my ticker. Since I'm so short, that is a size 10/12 for me. April is halfway over. Easter party is coming this week!! OMG!

Wish me luck! I'm gonna need it.