Old 03-22-2011, 04:35 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 184/133/115

Height: 5'3"

Default Ugh. All my hard work unraveling...

I just have to vent...

I've been on plan for 3 weeks now and holding strong. Tonight, I had plans to go out with a friend. I preplanned what I was going to eat. When we got to the restaurant, they were unexpectedly closed! The only other place that was opened was a Mexican restaurant. I have a history with tortilla chips and should have known better. I went in telling myself at I was strong.

That didn't work out.

Now I'm home annoyed at myself for eating tortilla chips and an enchilada. Ugh. I know I'm going to wake up with the scale up at least a pound, if not two! It's upsetting because it's taken me two weeks to lose 5 lbs and now I'm going to gain half of it back in one night. To make matters worse, I can't just enjoy my meal, but instead wallow in the consequences.

Thanks for listening. Sigh...
SpeedGracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 07:14 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/167/140

Height: 5'2"

It takes 3500 calories beyong your maintenance number to gain a pound. I doubt you ate that much. Your weight might appear to be up from water retention from the chips.
MonicaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 192/maintaining upper 120's

Height: 5"8.5" 51 yrs

Howdy,
You can use this situation to motivate yourself to do better the next time because there will be a next time. I did not get fat eating a few extra chips at one meal, but many fattening things over a long period of time.

I love Mexican food. My city proudly has some of the finest in the world. I had to learn how to eat this carb rich food in a way that was good for me. It takes time to learn new things. Mistakes and failures can be powerful teachers, if you chose it to be.

I look forward of hearing of your success.
Karen925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 10:20 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 216.5/ticker/153

Height: 5'4''

Hi! I'm not sure which plan you're on, but I don't think some chips and one enchilada are going to derail you. You may have a temporary water gain, but you haven't ruined all you've done. I think if you just get right back on plan, you will be fine! I know for me, I may not see a loss for a few days, but it straightens back out. I'm trying not to cheat for a while right now, but when I did this before, I had cheat nights where I allowed for fave things like that because I knew at some point I would need to incorporate my fave things in moderation or I would never be able to make this diet work. So, just look at this as a learning thing -- you've discovered that right now this is a trigger for you and you need to stay away, that you really do love the food, and that in the future once you've reached a healthier weight (maintenance) that you are going to need to find a way to fit it in to your life in a healthy way. It may not be a 'staple' of your diet, but it will be something you can have once in a while. Just don't be so hard on yourself now. Losing weight is about learning what works for us and now you know! Good luck and don't give up!
JustJ280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 01:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 184/133/115

Height: 5'3"

Thanks everyone!

I was indeed up an entire pound this morning, but you ladies are totally right- I'm sure a lot of it is water weight and will come off if I just get back on track. I just get so worked up because I find on low carb if I mess up one meal I could paying for it for days! Thanks for the encouragement!
SpeedGracer is offline   Reply With Quote