Low carb nirvana

• I wanted a snack tonight, but I was just done with everything salty/savory. And I don't know what made this idea pop into my head, but I thought, "Why can't eggs be sweet?" After all, I like tamago sushi (it's just rice and egg, and the egg is always lightly sweet), and I used to stir an egg into my oatmeal, which just gave it a nice custardiness.

So on a whim, I decided to try something; I figured if it didn't work, all I'd done was waste an egg. I melted a little butter in a custard cup and then stirred in 1 Tbsp Torani vanilla syrup, a smidge of maple extract, and one egg. I microwaved for 30 sec and stirred, then microwaved another minute. The result?

AMAZING!

If you like flan, you'd like this. In fact, I was thinking it would be excellent with some sugar free caramel syrup for this reason. The only thing I will do different next time is beat the egg better to avoid any pieces of yolk. They didn't taste bad; they just made the texture less smooth. With no yolk lumps, it would be VERY similar to flan.
  • Mmmm.....sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing! I'll give it a go!
  • Enjoy! I let my husband have a taste, and he fell in love. He was trying to do some work, so he asked if I would pretty please make him one, LOL. I did, and this time I was sure to beat the eggs really well, and the texture was really nice. No lumps at all. So easy, and so yummy!