Old 01-11-2011, 07:47 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 247.6/236.0/135

Height: 5 ft 3 inches

Mikki -OMG, hang tough and we'll see you here on the site. That's terrible news, but not the worst.

Wildviolets - glad the broth worked out. It's really super lazy except for a little "pickin" to separate.

Well, today was On TRACK. Yep, goin' good. Steak, egga, avocado, lime wedge, coffee breakfast. ticking along good ol girl. Then lunch of meatloaf (sans ketchup) with a little fruit reduction (fruit only) on top - had to have the sweet tang with it - and cabbage. Yep, hangin tough. Afternoon, wanted a soda so bad I became obsessed. Ate my nuts like they deserved punishment and drank my unsweet tea. GNARF GNARF GNARF. Arrived home, DH says he wants to get a burger. Not just a burger. A billie burger - you don't want to know - they're a messy goodness. Got billie burger, fries (now did I really need those too?) and a diet coke - OMG, finally. Took a big swig out of the soda and it was flat. Tasted like fake sweetener and icewater. YECH. OK, but the fries and burger - snarfed it. Now I'm all bloated, but I can't express my horror or self hate over it. It was good, I'll get over it. Whole30 ended in the drive thru but primal goes on from this point again. I think it's just a TOM thing. Dang TOM.
Arkansas Kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:23 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikkijoe View Post
Alot has gone on,

SO, now back on the road to recovery.
Mikki - Oh my word!! You poor thing! I am so, so sorry to hear that you have been going through so much. The cancer is especially scary - are you done with all your chemo treatments now and does everything look good? I hope so!

I'm glad to hear things are going better -- please don't hurt yourself!

Susan and Ilene - homemade mayo is my Achilles heel!!!!!! Please, share with me exactly how you make it and give any tips you can. I am a mayo lover but of course only want to eat homemade now. Someone posted a very yummy and easy "Bacon Mayo" on MDA -- bacon grease (liquid and cooled), egg yolk, lemon juice, and I think that was it. Whoever posted it said it was great with tuna or chicken salad, and I was also dying to try it in deviled eggs. Well, I tried to make it using my blender stick and NOTHING. It was just liquid. I really need to conquer mayo because I miss it! Susan, please also share your friend's Caesar dressing if you get it - sounds really good too. Thanks!

Glad to hear everyone is having good food days -- I had a huge salad with three fried eggs (cooked in bacon grease), kalamata olives, and my dressing. Delicious and very filling. Dinner was pork loin cooked by husband with a huge pile of cabbage. NO MACADEMIAS!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:32 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I watched my friend. She put 4 egg yolks in the food-processor, added 2 tbsps of cider vinegar, turned on the machine, drizzled really good light olive oil and it started to thicken. It was cool to watch. When it was just right thick, she added some mustard (dijon I think) and salt and pepper.
You could probably google from that and get pretty close.
I'll ask her about the caesar dressing.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:45 PM   #79  

Quote:
Originally Posted by srmb60 View Post
I watched my friend. She put 4 egg yolks in the food-processor, added 2 tbsps of cider vinegar, turned on the machine, drizzled really good light olive oil and it started to thicken. It was cool to watch. When it was just right thick, she added some mustard (dijon I think) and salt and pepper.
You could probably google from that and get pretty close.
I'll ask her about the caesar dressing.

Ok, so I'll blame it on my blender stick. The lid to my food processor is warped and won't close properly. I think it may be time to invest in a new food processor. Thank you so much, and I'll anxiously await the caesar dressing!
Old 01-11-2011, 08:52 PM   #80  
Ilene the Bean

This is the Homemade Mayonnaise I made... Your friend's sounds good too....

I thought I had lemons but I had limes and it did a good job.... I don't have a blender so I used a hand mixer and I streamed the light olive oil ever so slowly... it came out the consistency of pudding and the colour of vanilla... It's quite good I just hope it doesn't separate
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:58 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 192/172/150

Mikki jo.....hope this month is better than last! Sorry to hear about the cancer but glad you found it early?

Ilene sorry to bug you again, but what do you think about those mini trampolines? Are they any good for a workout or is it a joke?

I took a pilates class today on those crazy machines and LOVED it!

The homemade mayo sounds sooooooo good. Claire let me know how it goes.
wildviolets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:31 PM   #82  
Ilene the Bean

Wviolet -- I think those trampolines are OK, better than not moving at all and may be good to start for someone who is obese and has never exercised or someone who has very bad knees... I don't think that's you though ... Then again if someone is giving it to you and you have the room for it, it could be fun and something different to do while watching TV or listening to some good music....
Old 01-12-2011, 08:27 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 192/172/150

Ilene, I thought that.....but remember hearing something about it lately and wasn't sure. Sometimes I just like an excuse to buy something! I'll pass.

Boy am I sore from that Pilates!!!

Have a Primal day everyone.
wildviolets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:57 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 331 HW 299 June 2010/288/180?

Height: 5'4"

we had one of those mini tramps awhile ago (ohhhh that kinda sounds bad, but Im not going to change it lol) I decided I did not need any flippy floppy bouncy activity with 'the girls' gravity is doing enough damage, did not need to help it LOL

So ....oat meal this morning. WHY? I just dont know, but I convinced myself it was a better choice than a muffin, which it is. Added flax to it, going to consider it a healthier grain and move on.

And did I mention the office heater is out? 60 degrees in here and the repair guy left at noon to get a part....YESTERDAY! lol And that my dears, is what I will blame the oatmeal on! I had it at work after being here about an hour.

snow, ice/rain mix right now, SPRING I NEED YOU!
Mikkijoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:01 PM   #85  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikkijoe View Post
we had one of those mini tramps awhile ago (ohhhh that kinda sounds bad, but Im not going to change it lol) I decided I did not need any flippy floppy bouncy activity with 'the girls' gravity is doing enough damage, did not need to help it LOL
hahaha!! Too funny! My mom, who is 70 years old, jumps on one of those mini tramps out in my parents' shed. Crazy! I don't think I would last doing anything in a shed for more than 5 minutes, but she does it pretty regularly and thinks she's helping her bone density.

Anyway, I'm determined to successfully make mayo this weekend. We are having dinner at my folks' house Sat. night, so I plan to borrow their food processor and give it a whirl on Sunday... we shall see.

Pretty good day today, but I'm tired and want to go to bed early. I have papers to grade but not much motivation to grade them. Lunch was three eggs and wilted spinach, dinner is a question mark right now. Sadly I didn't thaw any meat out -- what can I do with a pack of frozen grass fed beef? I guess I could nuke it in the microwave to thaw it a bit and make burgers. I have a choice of cauliflower or broccoli for veg and/or salad. Too bad I didn't follow through with my meal planning last weekend. I was so motivated and then simply ran out of time. I MUST MEAL PLAN THIS WEEKEND!!

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 01-12-2011, 06:25 PM   #86  
Ilene the Bean

Claire, can I join you in your tiredness I am beat and I still have to get to the gym...Your supper sounds like mine. I thawed some ground beef and added these spices :
Italian Sausage seasoning
o 1 teaspoon black pepper,
o 2 teaspoons dried parsley,
o 1 1/2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning,
o 1 teaspoon garlic powder ( you can use 2 tablespoons fresh garlic in place of the powder),
o 3/4 teaspoon crushed anise seeds ( can use crushed dried fennel seeds),
o 1/2 teaspoon paprika,
o 1 teaspoon minced dried onions (you can sub 1 small chopped onion for the dried),
o 2 teaspoons salt.
o Optional: 1/8 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes ( can use more if desired)
Knead into 2 lbs of ground pork, make patties and fry.

I didn't have any fennel or anise but it didn't matter they were delish!

Claire, I was also thinking about your mayo fiasco and maybe it was because you didn't stream the oil slowly enough? I'll try my wand next time because I like using it better than the hand blender... I'm almost done my mayo already! It's soooo good... had it with shredded cabbage, on my burger, on my eggs, I also lick the spoon every time I use it

I am exhausted had the worse sleep last night, didn't fall asleep till 2am then up at 6am ... I go through spurts of good and bad sleeps this latest has been the bad, during the holidays it was good but then again I was able to go to be when I wanted and get up at whatever time I wanted, which wasn't really late, 8am....This too shall pass

Ok, off to the gym, before I change my mind...
Old 01-12-2011, 08:24 PM   #87  

Much better after last night. But I must say last night was AWFUL. Belching, bloated, lethargic. Fell asleep early and woke up with belches and F@rts. Yep, as bad as it sounds. Was restless. Was tired. WAsn't worth the burger and fries. DH agreed, we can't live that way. I was so tired I fell asleep on the couch - I can't even remember the last time I did that preprimal! The couch and I are not becoming big buddies. NOT NOT NOT. So today was on track good. Some eggs, sausage, half orange and coffee breakfast - yummo. Some chicken curry thing I made up for lunch. Rotisserie chicken (maybe primal? Did Grok have walmart?), cabbage and tried a half a small sweet potato. WOW sweet potatoes are sweet now.

Was an excellent day in many ways.

Keep hangin' in there Mikki. And as far as a mini-tramp, it's only kinky the first time? LOL. Never had one myself. Got a cheap used elliptical at a flea market last year. Can't do it. I'm so short and the stride is so big - would make a good america's funniest home video clip. Hope your tramp goes better!!!
Old 01-13-2011, 02:01 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi!

Oh the mayo recipe!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:02 PM   #89  

Been a good day. Probs at work - found potential solutions. That makes a good day. Bkfst - bacon, eggs coffee. Lunch - pineapple, onion, pea pod chicken, shrimp stuff n some tea. Supper 2 salmon burgers, 1/2 sweet potato, green beans, more tea. YUM.

All goin' good. Almost tried my own mayo tonight - almost. Wasn't in mood to deal with kitchen mechanical stuff tonight. Maybe the weekend?

HEY, Is it getting lonely on here? HELLO? Are folks dropping out or busy? I hope busy and kickin' it on good eats. Worried next time I post I'll have to comment on myself!
Old 01-13-2011, 07:06 PM   #90  

Hey! Yes, here, but busy. Roasting a chicken and smoke detector keeps going off...