Low Carb Make-Ahead?

• I didn't find a thread on this, but I;m not very good at searching forums, lol, so I thought I'd start my own!

Do you prepare things ahead? Monday is my Sunday, I don't have to work until 10pm and since I didn't work the night before, I have all day to get things done. Today I made:

1lb of bacon (yay for ovens!)
    9 boiled eggs (havent decided if they will be for munching or for salad)
    chicken salad
    tuna salad

for the rest of the week.. I think i might make some cheddar chips too, hopefully they will come out better than they did last week, lol!
  • All the time- I find it easier to eat low carb when all my meals are as prepared as possible. This week I have soups prepared and tuna salad as well. The weather has been so hot/cold this week I'm prepared for both! lol.
  • mind sharing your soup recipes? I need more! Unfortunately, I'm limited on store-bought broths, since I;m allergic to MSG, i really need to figure out the "secret" to making my own, lol.
  • I'm trying semi-low carb "Belly Fat cure". So I got food ready for the first part of the week last night. I boiled eggs, made some containers of brocoli and cheese, containers of chicken salad, pkgs of cheese, cut up celery and bought a rotisserie chicken. I think I am ready for the week. Had already lost 35lbs. Added 4 1/2 to it since starting BFC 1 1/2 weeks ago. Lots more energy and no headaches! Going to try to stick to this plan.
    Wish you all well.
  • Most of the soups I make I find from sparkrecipes.com or right here on the south beach recipes. I do count carbs but I follow the south beach diet now and just try to get under 100 grams of carbs a day.

I'm not sure how strict your carb count is because I know some people who count carbs don't eat peas, etc.

I love to just buy a small bag of split peas, toss it in with like 8 cups of water, then let it simmer until the peas fall apart, then I add whatever I want, carrots, ham, etc. Also you can use whatever seasoning you like, I usually use the chicken cubes but I think they may have MSG. But you can probably use a bay leaf, some salt, pepper, and whatever else you like in your soups.

Soups are easy IMO, you just toss in what you like and let it cook
  • The best broth is to brown a large piece of meat or a whole chicken, place in a crockpot with a few veggies and fill with water. Cook until the meat falls apart. Season the remaining broth to taste. A special treat for me is to add a dash of cream to a cup of hot broth...tastes like creamed soup and is so comforting and great when sick and not wanting to eat.
  • I cook a whole chicken in the crockpot. Strip off the meat for the week (chicken salad, chicken chili, chicken and romaine rollups) and use the broth for sauces. I will do this with any large piece of meat too.

I take sliced deli meat and smear with a cream cheese mixture (add chives, seasonings, chopped olives) and roll up and eat whole or cut into pinwheel slices for snacks.

I make a batch of deviled eggs (I love them with caviar on top) Vary with seasoning...I love curried eggs.

Meatballs! Any kind. Always great for a quick meal. I keep them frozen, easy to thaw and heat.

I keep 4 squirt bottles filled with flavoured mayo. You know, those plastic picnic bottles for ketchup and mustard. Fill with mayo and season, so that you have a sauce to add to meat or salad veggies. Garlic, onion, curry, paprika, horseradish, mustard...whatever you fancy. Good to put a squiggle of mayo on hot or cold meats.

Cabbage rolls. All meat and cabbage. Always a good meal.

Chili, curry, stew, soups. Any combination of meat and LC veggies is always a good bet. A pot can last several meals.

Egg cake. This is taking a dozen eggs, some cream, salt and if you like, chives, beat together and pour into a glass pan greased in butter or coconut oil and bake until set. You can add meat if you like. I like to grab a square of this, wrap it in a piece of lettuce or put between two slices of salami for a quick on the go breakfast or lunch.

Being prepared is being successful.
  • Quote: I cook a whole chicken in the crockpot. Strip off the meat for the week (chicken salad, chicken chili, chicken and romaine rollups) and use the broth for sauces. I will do this with any large piece of meat too.

I take sliced deli meat and smear with a cream cheese mixture (add chives, seasonings, chopped olives) and roll up and eat whole or cut into pinwheel slices for snacks.

I make a batch of deviled eggs (I love them with caviar on top) Vary with seasoning...I love curried eggs.

Meatballs! Any kind. Always great for a quick meal. I keep them frozen, easy to thaw and heat.

I keep 4 squirt bottles filled with flavoured mayo. You know, those plastic picnic bottles for ketchup and mustard. Fill with mayo and season, so that you have a sauce to add to meat or salad veggies. Garlic, onion, curry, paprika, horseradish, mustard...whatever you fancy. Good to put a squiggle of mayo on hot or cold meats.

Cabbage rolls. All meat and cabbage. Always a good meal.

Chili, curry, stew, soups. Any combination of meat and LC veggies is always a good bet. A pot can last several meals.

Egg cake. This is taking a dozen eggs, some cream, salt and if you like, chives, beat together and pour into a glass pan greased in butter or coconut oil and bake until set. You can add meat if you like. I like to grab a square of this, wrap it in a piece of lettuce or put between two slices of salami for a quick on the go breakfast or lunch.

Being prepared is being successful.
    OH my gosh. You are my new hero. I'm copying this down.