Old 11-04-2010, 12:19 PM   #1  
This is the Last Time!!!

S/C/G: HW283/GW170

Height: 5'5"

Default Bedtime Lo-Carb Snacks

Looking for some suggestions on Lo-carb bedtime snacks. I have a little sweet tooth, nothing bad, but I like to have a little snack before I go to bed if I can.
HadEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 12:25 PM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Maybe a cup of hot tea with a packet of Splenda or some DaVinci's syrup. I normally do not eat anything before bed.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 12:43 PM   #3  

Height: 5'4"

SF Jello. I get one kind that is only 5 cal/cup.
I usually eat 2 of them though! It is sweet and don't let you feeling guilty at night or day!!!!
belezura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 02:07 PM   #4  
This is the Last Time!!!

S/C/G: HW283/GW170

Height: 5'5"

Ah, yes...forgot about SF Jello. You are my savior. I ran home at lunch to make some. LOL!
HadEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 02:25 PM   #5  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

a high protein jello or fruit flavored drink at about 70 calories would be good to help keep you sustained and burn fat as you sleep. many available on dietdirect.com.
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:49 PM   #6  

S/C/G: See signature.

Height: 5' 5"

I agree on the tea! They make AMAZING teas, and nothing prepares you for bed like that lovely warmth in your belly. I myself love all the holiday mint/spice teas, and then there's vanilla chai, sugar cookie, chocolate raspberry, cinnamon apple, etc etc etc! It's like dessert in a cup! One packet of whatever sweetener you use (NOT sugar, of course, I use stevia/erythritol [Truvia] because it's been proven to not cause insulin production) and a tablespoon of half-and-half or cream is 20-30 calories and delicious.

I used to have a really sweet tooth, and after a week of no sweets AT ALL (not even artificially sweet food) I found that I needed much less sweetener in my drinks and such. I would try doing that if you can. It's easy to avoid sweets if you tell yourself that you can have sweets after the week is over--just sparingly!

As much as eating does rev your metabolism, sleeping also burns very few calories and slows your metabolism down. So do try to avoid eating anything caloric before bed! A few calories every night before bed will REALLY add up in the long run.
AliceInFatland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 03:27 PM   #7  

Height: 5'9

Deli turkey rolled in a romaine leaf w laughing cow cheese or a lil cheddar plus spicy mustard...or tuna on celery when i have celery around.Egg salad,pork rinds or Sf hot cocoa or apple cider...HTH.
cuteazz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 08:50 AM   #8  
Lil' Old Chick

S/C/G: 229/206/150

Height: 5'4"

Chocolate Almond unsweetened milk, and a few walnuts. I'm happy
Me Too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 12:04 PM   #9  

I love a cup of something hot to drink. I usually don't like sweet coffee, but in the evening, occasionally I will make a dessert coffee with heavy cream and SF vanilla or caramel syrup. Hits the spot.
martinimouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:16 PM   #10  
Ilene the Bean

I just had the most delicious bedtime snack... I took some frozen strawberries and blueberries, thawed them out they were slightly warm with lots of juice on the bottom and I added two tablespoons of coconut milk... YUMMY !
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:41 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 140/ticker/120

Height: 5 feet 4 inches

I still have to have my 6 oz. of yogurt as my treat!
thelast20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:36 PM   #12  

I will be bad. lol. I LOVE an Irish Whiskey now and then, coffee, whiskey and top with whipped cream, sweetened with S/F vanilla syrup. I am thinking along the lines of sweet tastes, as that is what you mentioned.

Whipped cream with dark cocoa powder and stevia and vanilla extract. My indulgence about once a month.

Berries and cream or full fat yogurt.

Toasted pecans in butter with a sprinkle of stevia and cinnamon.

S/F dessert such as a Bavarian, custard, cheesecake

Cream cheese balls rolled in dark cocoa powder.

I don't eat after dinner, so my suggestions may be a bit heavy for a snack. I have occasionally had a square of 90% dark chocolate with my Irish whiskey. If you don't drink, even a nice dessert coffee with cream and the S/F flavoured syrups would be nice.
martinimouse is offline   Reply With Quote