Old 10-05-2010, 06:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/186/140

Default Help!! I'm getting fatter and fatter

I've been on Medifast low carb diet in the pass and cheated but managed to lose 40 pounds but now. I'm 30 pounds away from what I once was. I know if I keep on eating like this I will gain and gain. I like the fact that I lost fairly quick eating low carb but it consists of 5 mini meals a day and one sensible dinner the mini meals you have to buy from them and it was mostly shakes and bars. I need another plan to follow and besides it got too expensive for me. I don't know what to do I'm stressed. What low carb diet can I follow. Please !!!tell me the book and I'm buy it. I've been fighting this weight loss thing for 21 years now every since I was maybe 14.
demetrismoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:38 PM   #2  
The journey begins...

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I'm doing Dr. Oz's You On A Diet. It's a wonderful book with many food choices. It's a very large book but you don't have to read it all to get started. Half of the book is recipes and there is no packaged food to buy. Basically you eat fruits, veggies (no corn, but YES potatoes!), no white stuff (rice, bread, pasta). All 100% whole wheat stuff. If you have a trader joe's near you they have many foods you can eat. Good Luck!
JillyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 03:46 AM   #3  
Maintenance May 2011

S/C/G: 312/149/150

Height: 5'6"

Medifast has a transition and maintenance diet that eliminates that weight gain. As with any weight loss plan, if one goes back to eating the way that made them fat then weight gain is the inevitable result. Maybe you could look at your MF materials to get an idea of menus and then watch high carb items such as fruits and starchy veggies.

If you think that controlled carbs work for you (IMO it's the way to go for most everyone) then maybe look over the different programs here on 3FC.

South Beach Diet might be something to explore where you are used to eating 5x/day. You may find that staying on or close to Phase 1 will yield the best weight loss results.

Atkins and Primal Blueprint are close food-wise to the L&G you were used to eating on MF only you do that for all your meals. Atkins allows legumes and grains when you are close to goal weight; Primal Blueprint does not allow these foods at all.

Those are the plans I am familiar with. There are a lot of others here to check out too.
mizski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 210/186/140

I'm so confused about this.... Medifast was working but I couldn't afford it. I follow a plan and didn't have to do too much of thinking about what to eat for dinner. I the south beach for one week and lost 2 pounds and got discourage. I'm going to check out Dr. Oz's book I want something that would jump start my weight lost to get me at a comfortable weight were I have better control over my food choices. Thanks guys
demetrismoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 331 HW 299 June 2010/288/180?

I love the plan I am on because it is all real, whole foods. It is Primal Blueprint, the book is easily found, and it is easily followed: You eat meats, poultry, fish etc, eggs, nuts, vegs, fruit. You eat healthy fats, like coconut milk, coconut oil, avacados, etc, You dont eat sugars, or any grains! Dairy is optional, it messes some people up.

The book has all the reasoning in it, scientific data as well. My family has been on it for 8 weeks now, I have lost 16 pounds, my husb about the same, my daughter has lost 20 pounds (she is 14 yrs old) We each need to lose about 100 lbs each!

Once we got the grain out of our system we felt SO much better, it is amazing!
Mikkijoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:25 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 140/136/120

Height: 5'2.5"

If a controlled carb plan has worked for you, I wouldn't suggest you try Dr. Oz's diet. He doesn't believe in low carb. I think you should choose a plan with REAL food and stick with it. If you find a plan you can stick with it will work. I like low carb myself. I lost 20lbs doing low carb a few years ago and kept it off easily. Then this past Feb. Dr. Oz got my attention and I started adding "healthy carbs" to my diet. (beans, sweet potatoes, carrots) Before long I started feeling out of control and I was eating all kinds of sugar-laden foods. I am right back to where I started, and I feel horrible about myself. Luckily, I have learned what works and what doesn't work. I am going to get back to what works for me, and I will not get side tracked again by mass media.
I hope you can find what works for you!
ilovemylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 04:29 AM   #7  
Maintenance May 2011

S/C/G: 312/149/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by demetrismoore View Post
I'm so confused about this.... Medifast was working but I couldn't afford it. I follow a plan and didn't have to do too much of thinking about what to eat for dinner. I the south beach for one week and lost 2 pounds and got discourage. I'm going to check out Dr. Oz's book I want something that would jump start my weight lost to get me at a comfortable weight were I have better control over my food choices. Thanks guys
If you really liked MF, then check out the Wonderslim threads here. Dietdirect.com offers the meal replacements and its Wonderslim diet is similar to MF. It is much cheaper than MF.

One week on South Beach isn't really giving it a chance. As you learned from the official MF message board, many of those people are only losing 1 or 2 pounds/week after the initial first few weeks. You will NOT lose 5 or more pounds per week on any diet plan.

If you want to go the real food route and think a ketogenic diet works best for you, then Atkins or Primal Blueprint is the way to go. Although his book is very interesting and entertaining, you will definitely gain weight on Dr. Oz's diet.

Last edited by mizski; 10-08-2010 at 04:29 AM.
mizski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:27 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 182//130

Height: 5

I am on Wonderslim now for 5 days..love the food and the choices I have for other foods...not just puddings and shakes...I am not hungry at all. My first weigh in is on Monday. I know I am losing!
Onmywaytome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 07:04 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 212/212/150

I like Medifast and I know wonderslim is simular but I can't really afford their food I want to stick to lowcarb eating for weight loss I just need really stick will it until I get to my goal weight. what calorie, fat, carb and protein rule do you follow?
nogames1999 is offline   Reply With Quote