Old 09-07-2010, 08:18 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 245/232/145

Height: 5'3

Default Gaining weight....Help!!!

I have been following a low carb diet for 6 weeks now, I also do slim in 6 Ramp it Up 5 days a week and walk 5 miles every day. My daily calorie intake is usually around 1200.
The first 5 weeks I did great, lost about 18 pounds, but the past week has been disappointing and I actually gained about half a pound. Any suggestions as to why? TOM should start around in about 5 days, so i don't think i can blame that.
christine a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:02 PM   #2  
Starting Over After Baby

S/C/G: 193/193/143

Height: 5'6"

I would keep doing what you're doing and see how things are in another week or two. 1/2 a pound five days before TOM isn't abnormal.
cathochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 05:02 PM   #3  

Default Suggestion

Here is my suggestion to you... running only burns 100 calories per mile... just food for thought.... also are you drinking the proper water and making sure that your body has the proper vitamins in order to actually burn fat? My fear would be that you might be burning lean muscle mass instead of fat.
DrShannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 05:38 PM   #4  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

its completely normal to fluctuate up or down even a few pounds. water, how 'regular' you are, tom. lots of factors.

i agree with the above post. you need to do resistance training along with cardio. you don't have to lift weights. you could just use body weight moves.

you're doing great! keep going!
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 05:40 PM   #5  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

sorry maybe i missed part of the post, if that dvd is resistance training, then never mind lol. just try to keep it interesting so your body doesn't get too used to your routine.
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote