Old 10-07-2010, 06:02 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 192/maintaining upper 120's

Height: 5"8.5" 51 yrs

kaplods how long were you satisfied, if you don't mind me asking?
Karen925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 06:12 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 192+,size16/ 164,12/ 150,10

Height: 5'7"

Interesting thread!

I am "eating primal" and my lunches typically consist of a huge salad. Been eating huge salads for a couple of years now, actually, and when I got sick of them I would occasionally have a sandwich or pasta. No more. So I've been trying to figure out what to do. Soup seemed easiest, but I was usually never satisfied eating just soup.

Well, this week I made a soup that satisfied me. I ate a serving for dinner one night and ate it two days for lunch this week. In fact, I ate my lunch about three hours ago and am still content. I think the difference was to add plenty of fat (I always used lots of veggies and lean meats in the past). This time I used olive oil, plenty of butter, and added heavy whipping cream towards the end. Don't know the calorie count, though, because I don't track those.
sf40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 07:20 PM   #18  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen925 View Post
kaplods how long were you satisfied, if you don't mind me asking?

I was actually surprised that it filled me up longer than I expected - at least 3 to 4 hours. I did have an evening snack of an apple, but I can't say that I ate it because I was really hungry. I just always eat a snack a few hours before bed, or I wake up ravenously hungry.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote