Low carb and High cholesterol

• My husband and I are doing the PB together, But I am concerned wether or not it will cause him problems, he's 30 years old, about 180 pounds and around 5'8'' and the last time he was at the doctor a few weeks ago his cholesterol was tested and it was a little high, I believe it was still in the normal zone but very close to borderline high. He also may or may not have fibbed about not eating the morning before his tests, he can't remember. We log our food on Calorie Count on about dot com, and he's noticed his daily cholesterol intake is usually registering a little high.
    I want to help him, we both need to loose weight but I am concerned about this diet change not being a good one for him. Any ideas? Advice?
  • I think responses vary. My blood counts got BETTER on a low carb diet. Lipids, cholesterol, etc. all improved. Ratios improved, etc.
    My friend had a different response, hers didn't improve immediately, but did level off later.

I eat between 30 and 60 grams per day, so I am pretty low, my friend ate around 20-30 most days, with about 80-100 on weekends. I don't vary mine as much unless I slip.

Good luck to you!!
  • My lipids were in the normal range before I started cutting carbs, and they've only gotten better.