I had a huge pork steak.
    It tasted so damn good.....

My measurements:

bust 42"
    waist 41"
    hips 43.5"
    r thigh 26.5

There I did it!

I think, as a woman, your risk of a heart attack when your waist is more than 35" is like 100%.

Breathe...

Sparky
  • CJ where are you going again? I went to Italy with my family (Tuscany area) in April and I lost a few pounds! Believe me there was so much good food and wine but we walked so much and ate so healthy just as a matter of course. I hope the same for you!

Spanky I have had bouts of sleeplessness which I blame on hormones....one thing that helped was ear plugs. Not that my DH snores or anything, but I found that any little sound would wake me and then I'd be up for hours and hours. With the earplugs I could hear my son if he really needed me but I wouldn't here my DH coming to bed or just the normal house settling noises. Just an easy thing to try if you are interested. I've been pretty good lately mostly due to this lifestyle I believe .....or maybe my hormones are behaving, I don't know but I'm grateful. I have a little boy like you and he's full of energy so I hate to be a walking corpse with him.

Bob, sorry about the gout. I know nothing about it but I'm sure you will figure out how to work around it. Wish I were more helpful.
  • Hi all -- Really hungry day here. I just don't think I'm getting quite enough protein. I spent so many years eating rice and beans and the like that it's a real chore for me to remember to thaw some meat! DH reminded me we had a frozen pack of ground free range beef and a frozen free range steak!! Dang, I wish I had that tonight. Both are thawing now.

Bob - I am so very sorry to hear about your gout. I googled it, and the pain was described just the way you described it -- how horrid. Like everyone else said, I certainly hope it's something you can recover from. Hang in there and take good care of yourself!

Everyone else -- it's really nice having so many people on here now. If anyone is willing, I would love to know names -- so much easier (I can't remember all the monikers!).

I'm Claire. I've got Susan and Ilene down -- nice easy names, and we used to be featherweights together. Bob -- got that down. I'm a little ADD, and I would love to have a name to put with the other Primal/Paleos.

Off to eat a late dinner of eggs and veg. Night all!
  • I have problems sleeping at nite as well. I always have a fan going. DH hates it expecialy in the winter. But then I also get hot much faster then he does. In the winter he will sleep with 4 blankets on & I will go from 1-2 blankets threwout the nite.

The last few nites I have been getting my bike out (motorcycle) That helps me not much or get hungry at nite. My friend & I go riding around town just to ride. By the time I get home it 8:30-9:00pm then i hop in the hot tub for 30- 60 minutes. I keeps me occupied so I am not thinking of food. I wish I burned more calories riding the bike then whatever the amount is.
  • Bob so sorry to hear of your gout problem you're such a strong man I'm sure you'll soon find a solution and feel better

I have a difficult time sleeping too I usually fall asleep then suddenly wake up and can't fall asleep again for an hour or so... at times my legs are very fidgety, so I take some calcium and magnesium which seems to help a bit sometimes...

I've been extremely off plan... Tomorrow I run at 9am thank goodness for that, then I have lots of housework to do so that will be my workout and then I just may go to the gym or do a workout at home, I really don't need equipment for the present workout I'm doing. Anyways, that's the plan...
  • Good morning! I do, indeed, dip my roast beef in butter.

I sleep with a fan too. Hey! Last night I slept until the alarm went off. Almost 8 hours.

Thawing meat ... oh yes ... there, I got steak out.

I like names too. Isn't it nice to see Spanky's face?
  • Sparky1946's name is Sandy.
  • Sparky is the one with the lovely face! Spanky has a surfing dog avatar! Yes, it's good to have names!
  • I am worried about Bob
    Quote: Sparky is the one with the lovely face! Spanky has a surfing dog avatar! Yes, it's good to have names!
    I know he must be in a lot of pain still and probably not up to getting on the computer, but I worry that he is going to give up.

Bob if you are out there please let us know you are OK!

Hugs,
    Sandy
  • Hi All.

wildviolets names is Denise.

Found mouse dropping in my kitchen this morning and I'm trying not to obsess and freak out.........
  • Hi! My name is CJ (yes, really). I'm taking off today for Amsterdam where my nephew is getting married. See everyone on the flip side in a couple of weeks!
  • Great to hear name, CJ, Sandy and Denise... Now to remember them, HA! My memory is awful

Going running in a bit looking forward to it... Dull, dreary day here, I feel blah too...
  • I am awful at remembering names as well.

CJ have a good time! Cant wait to here how your trip went.

My name is Dawn.
  • Quote: I have problems sleeping at nite as well. I always have a fan going. DH hates it expecialy in the winter. But then I also get hot much faster then he does. In the winter he will sleep with 4 blankets on & I will go from 1-2 blankets threwout the nite.

The last few nites I have been getting my bike out (motorcycle) That helps me not much or get hungry at nite. My friend & I go riding around town just to ride. By the time I get home it 8:30-9:00pm then i hop in the hot tub for 30- 60 minutes. I keeps me occupied so I am not thinking of food. I wish I burned more calories riding the bike then whatever the amount is.
    Those evening motorcycle rides sound awesome!!! Wish I could do that!
  • Read all posts, thinking about you all, just no time to respond individually today (payroll day again)

Yesterday was a good day: No 'unthinking eating" for quite some time now--and I will say I think I have that entirely controlled!
    Found a new favorite, I heated up my left over rainbow chard and put 2 over easy eggs ontop...grossed my family out, but it was a wonderful lunch.

B- nothing ( 17 hour fast)
    L- chard and eggs
    D- 2 pork chops with cajun seasoning, zucchini, patty pan and toms with basil butter,
    Dessert to celebrate daughters 14th birthday- fresh blue berries, half a peach, half a kewi topped with 1/2 cup homemade ice cream! (frozen blue berrys and cream whipped in the food processor) No sugar, YEAH
    Snack- 1 celery stock and almond butter

Low calories, which averages out with yesterdays higher cals, right on target for ratios though!

Still need to work on water today, but I am feeling pretty good, have energy in the morning--WOW, I just realized, I have energy! this is an unusual feeling.

Annette