Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 05:13 PM   #271  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikkijoe View Post

I am pleased to announce that I stayed 100% primal while I was away! 100%! no tortillas, no smores, no hamburger buns, no hash browns even! We are in the third week of Primal and I have not had any grains, sugars, flours, nadda.....and I am excited to share that! I dont feel deprived at all, not often hungry, and I feel pretty healthy!
Wow -- that's outstanding!!

Hanging in there... day 2 of "Induction." Yes, I think Susan and Sandy should do this with me, and everyone else too (moral support)! I am a little concerned about the 2 week induction -- wondering if health wise it's a good thing. And wondering if I will totally bloat up the second I reintroduce carbs (fruits and more veggies). Does anyone know what I can expect??

I also think I need to do a little research about supplements. Right now I'm just taking a multi, but I think I need fish oil, maybe niacin, not sure what else. I've only been back to work (I teach) one day and already feeling worn -- more worn out at the prospect of all I have to do to get ready for the new year. Phew!

Ok, off to look up low carbs and supplements.

Hope everyone is having a good day!
Old 08-25-2010, 03:26 AM   #272  

So, I just caught up on this entire thread (it's 3:30 am here..yikes!) and Primal seems awfully close to what I've been saying the ideal diet is. So... I'm going to go to bed now, but check out all the Mark's Daily Apple stuff tomorrow. I've been eating low carb for about 2 months now, but I'm thinking I'm gonna finish researching this out and get started.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:12 AM   #273  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi Brown! Nice to see you here.

Claire ... I'm not sure you'll have much trouble as long as you choose nice fruit and leafy vegetables ... and don't overdo it.
If I'm going to exercise everyday for two weeks in a row I'd better get started!
Old 08-25-2010, 10:58 AM   #274  
Last Timer

S/C/G: 175/150/127.5

Height: 5' 4"

Good Morning and Greetings to Brown!

I am with you Susan. Time to go for a long walk.

Lost .4 lb but still not back to 166. I am reading posts here and on MDA like a madwomen to keep enthusiasm up. Like Bob, losing weight slowly bores me .

Am making an attempt to do jerky today with a recipe from MDA.

Last edited by sparky1946; 08-25-2010 at 10:59 AM.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:32 PM   #275  

Okey Doke! 30 minutes of hills on the elliptical and 20 minutes with weights! A luscious brunch of eggs with lots of butter and I'm ready for work. It's the perfect time to peruse the internet!
Old 08-25-2010, 02:54 PM   #276  

S/C/G: 180/178/150

Height: 5'2

I have not been doing well lately. I have been stressing more then usual so I have not been eating as well as I should. Spaghetti & ice cream in a waffle cone just to give you an idea of how bad I have been. Alot of things have happened this summer that has made me have to cancel my vacation then on top of it I went to the dentist on Monday. I need more then $3000 to fix my mouth. My DS is having surgery done on Friday to have his wisdom teeth taken out. It will be the 1st time he has had any type of surgery done. I have taken Friday off work so I can take care of him in case he has ill effects from it.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:07 PM   #277  
Last Timer

Just remember Tymaboy, I'm a couple inches taller than you but I haven't seen 140 in years. Give yourself a break. With childcare and dental care, you maybe should focus on meditation, yoga or just deep breathing (if you have any time). My husband is big into meditation and is always bugging me to do it. I have found a hypnosis tape that really helps me. The guy swears that I will be hypnotized but I do not think I am. I sure feel relaxed after doing it every morning.

Stress makes us gain weight. Take a bubble bath

Last edited by sparky1946; 08-25-2010 at 07:34 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:02 PM   #278  

I reserved Primal Blueprint from my li-barry. I'm waiting for it to come in. I'm looking around online, though.

Any coffee drinkers here? i'm not a regular coffee drinker, nor am I dependent on it, but I do enjoy a cup once in a while. I tend to use liquid sucralose as a sweetener. Anybody finishing up non-primal stuff they have before moving into Primal, or did everyone pretty much dive right in? I'm notorious for starting a new way of eating and giving and throwing away so much.

I'm annoyed I cleaned out the fridge last night (if only to make room and organize--that sucker's PACKED) and threw away my beloved sriracha thinking it wasn't primal and I haven't been eating it because of the sugar... well now I'm reading that a lot of primal people use it. <_<
Old 08-25-2010, 09:31 PM   #279  
Ilene the Bean

Hi Brown and ... I had to Google sriracha I had no idea what it was... Sounds yummy, I'd eat it especially if there isn't much sugar in it...

I did NOT have a very good Primal day... I need to work out more too... On to tomorrow...
Old 08-25-2010, 09:59 PM   #280  

Sriracha is the BOMB. I love it on everything.

ETA: OH, and thanks for the welcomes.

Last edited by Brown; 08-25-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:59 PM   #281  

I drink coffee and I'm not giving it up. Nope! Black mostly but I can and do use cream and/or coconut milk and/or coconut oil.
I did throw some stuff out but I had been eating low cal, natural foods anyway so ... primal was not a whole lot different.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:29 AM   #282  
Last Timer

Bob can probably answer this... Bob???????

I have been reading archives on MDA and it appears that Mark has in the past said OK to legumes, whole grains and rice and low fat, lean meats. It is kind of confusing. He mentions keeping your calories down and once even said it's all about calories. SusanB, have you been reading him long and did he slowly evolve to the plan that you all have described as no grain, no bad fats, lots of veggies, no legumes, no white anything, no sugar....keep carbs to below 100 for weight loss.

Maybe I should just keep with the current posts and blogs and not look back.

Thanks for anyone's heads up on this.

Where is Bob?
Old 08-26-2010, 10:14 AM   #283  
Ilene the Bean

Yea, where is Bob ?

Like Susan I drink coffee, not black though, with cream, coconut milk or oil ...

I feel bloated today... I hope I have time to run today, I bought new running shoes yesterday, can't wait to try them...
Old 08-26-2010, 10:20 AM   #284  
No description available.

Hi guys!
I'm trying this again. It just makes sense to me. I'll tweak it a bit (love my runs). So.....

Starting out with veggies and scrambled eggs. What's not to like about that? Then I'm going to lift heavy things. Lunch will be veggies with lots of tilapia with olive oil. Dinner TBD....I think ground turkey meatloaf and some okra. I'll probably put some ketchup and oats into the meatloaf, so not 100% primal, but I'll also run 3 miles, so that's not 100% primal either! Yay! It feels good to have a plan. Snacks if needed will be fruit.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:26 AM   #285  

Sandy ... I'm not sure about Mark's history other than he was an athlete who ascribed to CW. He probably did "evolve" just like most of us have. And I don't think the book is very old. Of course I don't have my book handy ...

Does the site date back to before the book? Perhaps the book is the culmination of everything he's learned as he's blogged?

ETA. Hi Midwife!!!

Last edited by srmb60; 08-26-2010 at 10:27 AM.
Closed Thread