Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 02:39 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 192/172/150

Height: 5'5"

Hope you feel better Mikkijoe.......that sounds so painful!

I'd like that recipe too when you get a chance .....but take your time as I know you are in pain.
Old 08-13-2010, 02:51 PM   #167  
Fighting the Good Fight

Height: 5'1"

O Happy! Friday!

Another white water week goes by. This nutty pace we're living at [and will stay at until DH graduates] really takes its toll. Just trying to keep our noses above water seems to occupy me fully...

I find I have lost my bearings and have to think about this. I'm just not planning the food well enough and start grabbing carbs when I get us home after the loooong day and we need to eat. Too frazzled to cook at that point.

Going to try to figure a plan over the weekend, I'm sure there's a solution. Maybe I just need to do a weekend grill-a-thon every saturday to keep us in burgers.....

Happy Friday,

spanky-not-sparky
Old 08-13-2010, 03:33 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 180/178/150

Height: 5'2

Hope Mikkijoe & Bob are feeling better.

DS & I went to the movies last nite. Other then the 2 guys behind us that felt the need to talk threwout the entire movie we had a good time. I think I ate too much popcorn. I normally dont like popcorn & wont eat it but last nite it tasted really good. Other then that I did pretty good yesterday. I didnt eat until 1:30 today & that was a 3 egg omelet w/ avocados, onions, 2 kinds of meat, home grown tomatoes & cheese. It was good! Now I just need to decide what to make for dinner tonite.

I'm hoping it will stop raining & dry up some so we can go out on the bike later. Yesterday I took it out on the highway & reached its top speed (65 mph) I wasnt as scared as I thought I would be going that fast on the highway. I think the winter will drive me nuts cuz I wont be able to take it out.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:49 PM   #169  

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies -

I stumbled on primal quite by accident, started the P90X program, but disagreed with the nutritional plan. Too low fat, exhorbitantly high protein so I modified it for myself. Found Mark Sisson's blog and guess what - apparently my diet is basically primal (ok lacto-primal)! So thought I'd come on over here and join the fun. I'm still working on completely eliminating wheat, 3-4 times a week I have a single slice of toasted sprouted grain (no flour)bread but that's it. My carbs are still between 50-100 grams daily.

I come from a long line of pre-diabetes women, have had my own issues with hypoglycemia since I was a kid and some pretty severe bouts of it while pregnant so this way of eating makes a lot of sense. I've been eating to satisfaction and just logging my food and am coming in at 1300-1400 cals daily, seems a little low considering some of the suggested intakes, but I'm just not hungry anymore. Looking forward to meeting you all and hearing your stories!
Old 08-13-2010, 08:29 PM   #170  
Kara

S/C/G: 375/see ticker/185

Height: 5'10''

Thanks Sandy! I have been on this rollercoaster a long time, and had a pregnancy in between but Primal finally has helped my body do what its supposed to.

Mikkijoe, so sorry about the injury. Congrats though on the loss, that is wonderful!

I have been slacking some the past few weeks, I think I have been using my busy life as an excuse to indulge one too many times. I need to refocus my efforts! I did great at the store today, loads of veggies, meats, eggs, cream. I bought some Vitamin D too, I haven't been in the sun as much as I was in June, July and it is really affecting my mood lately, at least I notice the difference. Business is really great right now so I'll be working all day tomorrow and then I have 3 new clients lined up next week, unfortunately that messes with my workout schedule so I'm going to spend some time Sunday charting my routine for the week so I'll stay at it.

I having some wine right now, its a treat for myself after a crazy night last night at our first PTA event for the year, I'm enjoying some peace and quiet and wine! The kids are in bed and my DH is at work so its nice and unusual!

Emily, Welcome! It sounds like you have Primal down good. It is true that sometimes you just aren't even hungry after only having a minimal amount of food. That really shocked me since I've always battled always being hungry. The p90x workout is great, I love it, but definitely the eating is not my style. Sometimes I wonder if the people who put these things out really eat like that or maybe eat more like us and just find they have to do the low-fat diet stuff to sell their product. Makes me wonder???

Hope everyone has a great Saturday! See you Sunday!
Old 08-14-2010, 01:19 AM   #171  
hunt and gatherer

S/C/G: 368/300/198

Height: 6'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by koceank29 View Post
I having some wine right now
I can has wine too?

Old 08-14-2010, 08:35 AM   #172  

S/C/G: 132/131/118

Height: 5'2"

Hey! Just popping in, I've been pretty busy this week with school, clinicals and tests, but I've stayed on plan for the most part and I've noticed that I'm eating a lot less, already. Is that normal or am I just lucky? Anyway, I have to get back to studying, hope everyone is doing well this week!
Old 08-14-2010, 08:49 AM   #173  
Last Timer

S/C/G: 175/150/127.5

Height: 5' 4"

Good Morning

LLH-I am not hungry at all either so I guess we all are lucky. I have this feeling that I need to be crunching chips or the like at night but I cannot really say it is hunger. More likely boredom or habit - watching the news and snacking on something crunchy. I just keep on drinking water....

Hugs,
Sandy
Old 08-14-2010, 08:57 AM   #174  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Morning!
Welcome Emily!

Yup, eating less is normal. Fats and protein have far superior satiety value!

I'm on evenings this weekend so I have the mornings to putz around. We're having a backyard party next Saturday so I'm trying to get my house in order.

I was wondering what to take to work. On day shift I have big breakfast and then just nibbled cheese or pepperettes or something at lunch. But supper? I haven't taken any hard boiled eggs lately. Maybe I'll do that. Have my big breakfast a little later and nibble for supper.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:27 AM   #175  
Last Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB View Post

I was wondering what to take to work. On day shift I have big breakfast and then just nibbled cheese or pepperettes or something at lunch. But supper? I haven't taken any hard boiled eggs lately. Maybe I'll do that. Have my big breakfast a little later and nibble for supper.
Susan,

Always wondered, just what are pepperettes?

Sandy
Old 08-14-2010, 10:01 AM   #176  
Kara

S/C/G: 375/see ticker/185

Height: 5'10''

Bob...funny! I didn't drink enough to relaxed like that cat unfortunately. I think I need more practice!
Old 08-14-2010, 10:31 AM   #177  

Pepperettes are little pepperonis. Very portable!

My holistic pork lady sells them. I wish I could get my hands on some venison ones.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:45 PM   #178  
hunt and gatherer

S/C/G: 368/300/198

Height: 6'2"

No doubt increasing the carbs comes with appetite. The reason I decided to do it is a little technical (and could be unnecessary but gout really hurts). I am constantly hungry right now. I go to bed hungry, I wake up hungry. I am eating 3 squares (primal but high carb). I've eaten two pounds of cherries in three days. I've eaten a banana or two daily. I'm eating citrus, plums, prunes and grapes; lots of carrots, celery, purple cabbage, onions and garlic. All of this is supposed to be gout healing or preventative. I'm hungry.

I need to spend a couple more days in LA. I am leaving here in a few minutes and hope to be home Monday night. I still cannot walk without a pronounced limp and even then I can only be on my feet for about 10 15 minutes. My ankle is swollen from compensating for the big toe. I am expected at a farmer's market tomorrow for a few hours. I sure hope I am not miserable.

Happy weekend all.
Old 08-14-2010, 06:04 PM   #179  
Last Timer

HI SusanB,

Does your holistic lady sell lard? My husband can't even stand the smell of my cooking food for myself with coconut oil. I have read that lard has lots of vitamin D.

I found a bison farm that also sells other farm's stuff and I got me some lard. It is from pastured pigs so I am looking forward to trying it. Too bad refried beans are not allowed.

Am fasting today. I think I may have gotten over the low-carb flu today as well. It's either that or fasting really agrees with me!

Hugs,
Sandy

Last edited by sparky1946; 08-14-2010 at 06:06 PM.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:36 PM   #180  

I haven't made the leap to lard yet. Gives me the heebie geebies thinking about it. Butter is delicious. Bacon grease I can do. Lard ... give me time, I guess.
Closed Thread