1 lb of asparagus, washed, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
1/2 cup of chopped celery
1/3 cup of chopped onion
1 cup chicken broth or water
1 can (14oz) coconut milk
1 1/4 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp tarragon
Simmer asparagus, onion and celery in 1 cup water/chicken stock until very tender. Puree in a blender or with a hand blender add coconut milk. Add salt, pepper and tarragon...
__________________ I l e n e
Falling down is not failure....Failure is staying down.
[COLOR="Black"]Strawberry-Topped Chicken and Baby Spinach Salad[/color] (from Rachael Ray magazine)
8 oz fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
1 small shallot
3 1/2 tbs balsamic vinegar
3 1/2 tbs veg oil (I would sub evoo probly)
1 tsp honey
3 skinless boneless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lbs) (I plan to use any leftover chicken I have around)
1 bag (6 oz) baby spinach
2 oz goat cheese log, sliced into 4 rounds
1/4 bunch chives, chopped (I plan to use dried as I don't have fresh right now - and estimate)
1. In a blender, puree one-quarter of the strawberries, the shallot, 2 1/2 tbs balsamic vinegar, 2 tbs oil, honey. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Season chicken with salt/pepper. Heat remaining oil in skillet over medium heat, add chicken and cook, turning once, until cooked through, about 8 minutes, tranfer to a plate and tent with foil. (I'll just be using some leftover chicken)
3. Meanwhile, add remaining strawberries, balsamic vinegar and 1/4 c water to the skillet and simmer, stirring until the berries are warmed through, about 1 minute.
4. in large bowl, toss spinach with strawberry vinaigrette and divide among 4 plates. Slice chicken into 1/4 inch thick slices and place on top with the warm strawberries, goat cheese and chives. Season with salt/pepper.
- 4 eggs
- 1 pound of lean sausage (minimum of 70% meat is best)
- oil for cooking
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Prepare hardboiled eggs according to your recipe and cool in ice water. Peel when cooled.
Roll or pat 1/4 pound of sausage evenly flat, wrap around each egg, making sure that none of the egg remains exposed. Fry in medium hot oil on stove top, rolling frequently to brown evenly (this will take about 8 min).
Finish off in the oven for 6 to 8 minutes to ensure that sausage is completely cooked. Eat at once or chill and serve cold later.
Good with pickles or hot sauce or mayonnaise or condiment of your choice.
1 lb lean ground chicken
2T or so bread crumbs (optional)
1/4c parm cheese
- mix above ingredients
- spread it on a parchment paper on a pizza pan,
- cook in a 400F oven for about 17 minutes...
- take out meat crust
- add a thin layer of pizza sauce
- add green peppers, spinach, mushrooms, feta cheese, mozarella cheese, slices of pepperoni. and whatever other topping you like
- sprinkle with Italian seasoning...
I could not believe how good it smelled and how much the rest of the family loved it too!!
This was DELICIOUS!!. Made it with half red sauce and half alfredo (doesnt take much), peperoni, sausage, tomatoes, artichoke hearts and olives. After the first couple bites, you forget there is no actual crust.
Heads up thought, use the LEANEST ground beef you can find. I used what I had (80/20) and it was a MESS. I used a pizza stone with foil on the rack below to catch the grease, but I still had to mop up the grease from the actual "meatzza" crust.
in a glass baking dish, add:
2 tb olive oil
black pepper to taste
1 tb minced garlic
1 tb lemon juice
mix together and then place 6oz halibut filet in dish and coat in mixture. cover and put in fridge for 15 minutes to marinate
take 2 TB fresh sesame seeds and roast in a skillet over medium low heat, stirring constantly for 3-5 minutes until golden and fragrant. pour into a small bowl to cool and add dried thyme leaves (2TB), mix together.
Take halibut out of the fridge and top with a little salt, then put seed mixture on top and on sides. Bake skin side down for 12-15 minutes until opaque in center.
Fish will be super moist and the sesame thyme flavor is amazing.