Old 07-15-2010, 11:51 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Here's to good thoughts for your family Spanky.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:47 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 180/178/150

Height: 5'2

Spanky- Hope everything is OK on your end.

Yesterday I had the bad case of the munchies but I am proud to say that I did not cheat! I was able to wait till lunch & ate a salad. For dinner we went out to a BBQ place. All their side dishes were not primal so I went for another salad with beef. It came with garlic toast that I did eat. So I guess I did end up cheating at the end of the day. Good thing today is Friday so I can run it off.

Speaking of running, I was talking to DS. He has told me several times that he wished that DH would run a marathon or something with him but DH doesnt run either. SO I did some research yesterday & in Oct. there is a 5K run. That is now my new goal to be able to do that come Oct. DS has been great when we run. He runs cross country & track in school (which he usually places :-) ) When he runs with me he slows down to my speed & talks me threw the entire run. I know it has be hard on him to run slower then he normally would.
tymaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:56 AM   #153  
Ilene the Bean

Tyma -- A 5k in October is a great idea!! And congrats on only eating the toast, there's your 20% leeway...

I was hungry yesterday too and I used my 20%

Daphne : For breakfast lately I just have coffee with lots of coconut milk and a bit of coconut oil, then eat brunch around 11:30... Most meals for me are a protein, a BASalad and another cooked veggie...

Last day of work today then off for four weeks
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 09:19 AM   #154  

S/C/G: 192/172/150

Height: 5'5"

My thoughts are with you Spanky.

Tymaboy....that is so cool. It is one of my goals to really run in a 5k someday. I did run in a mother's day 5k but wasn't ready for it and tore my calf for the second time. I worry about doing it again if I start running again. So maybe it's time for a new exercise goal! (Also when I say run, I really mean a slow jog for me.)

But I think it's so great your son wants to do this with you! My son is only 5and I dream about someday doing things like that with him. It has to be a great healthy way to bond with him.

Ilene, you already do stuff like that huh? (I'm referring to the running). I really admire that.

And Susan....you play hockey for heaven's sake! Very cool!

Well I lost 4 lbs this week but it's mostly because I had eaten so bad the week before and had gained 4lbs. But I'm doing well. Skipped dinner again yesterday..........wasn't hungry at all.

It is a weird concept for me to only eat when I'm hungry and not feel like I"m missing out if I skip a meal. Crazy how we learn to live to eat instead of eat to live.

Have a good Friday all!
wildviolets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 09:36 AM   #155  
Ilene the Bean

Wildviolet, on the weightloss.... Yep I run or as you said jog, and love it!! I was in a 10k race last year and a speed walker passed me while while I was «running» it was too funny...

Last edited by Ilene; 07-16-2010 at 09:38 AM.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:40 AM   #156  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Easy there Violet ... I only play once a year!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:43 AM   #157  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene View Post
Wildviolet, on the weightloss.... Yep I run or as you said jog, and love it!! I was in a 10k race last year and a speed walker passed me while while I was «running» it was too funny...
I can see that being me as well I think DS could walk as fast as I go

Yesterday I was able to read a bit farther in the book. I got to the point that it said I should stay away from peas oops I was thinking that they were ok, I had made pea soup earlier this week & thought I was doing good making it from scratch. I also read about the protein shake. Does anyone drink it? I have been thinking about it for a while & now reading that it is ok I want to do it more. Do you use it as replacement for a meal? Or drink it at a certain time (before workout or after)? It says that the whey is the best so I will need to go to GNC to pick some up.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:51 AM   #158  
Ilene the Bean

Tyma, I used whey protein powder but sparingly and in a pinch and not really as a meal replacement but more as a snack... I know it's probably not good but I rarely eat right after a workout, even a weight workout, but it also depends at what time of the day it is, if it's at night I won't eat unless I am really really ravenously hungry... I have the GNC brand and add some blueberries or strawberries to it... I have never found a protein shake/powder that is actually good, I've tried a LOT too, I just make it and down it...
Old 07-16-2010, 01:04 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Hi all --

Glad to see things are going well for most. Spanky, I hope nothing terrible has happened - thinking of you!

I have had a very heartbreaking week -- my husband and I had to put my dear sweet kitty, who I've had for 18 years, to sleep. She was such a good baby, and it was so hard. I suffered some carb explosion eating the last couple days - nothing too terrible, but definitely stress eating. Also, I haven't managed to exercise all week - just too depressed. Sleep has suffered too.

It's really hot out, but I'm going out for a good walk now - I know it will make me feel better.

Hope everyone has a healthy and very PRIMAL weekend!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 01:25 PM   #160  

Claire- so sorry to hear about your kitty. I know how hard that can be. I have 3 cats & a dog. The day after Easter we had to put our Chihuahua down. He was 13 (only had him for 3 yrs) It was really hard on me as I work from home & we spent those 3 yrs together 24/7. I still can not look at his pictures as they make me cry. The vet gave us another dog 2 weeks after Taco passed. This one is DS's they bonded right away & was hard to say no when the dog was sitting on DS's lap & both looking at you saying please can I keep him.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:28 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky View Post
Hi,

This is just a crummy drive-by post. Having a family emergency here. I have actually stayed 100% primal so far. Best wishes to all!
spanky
Best wishes to you too ... hope the family emergency isn't too bad.
CJZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 01:36 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 302/217/181

Height: 5'7"

it's nearing 2pm and I've eaten once today. I gorged.

5 eggs cooked sunny side up in 2 T butter
cup coffee with cream

I'm going to try and space it out more evening during the day.
katerina11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 01:46 PM   #163  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymaboy View Post
I can see that being me as well I think DS could walk as fast as I go

Yesterday I was able to read a bit farther in the book. I got to the point that it said I should stay away from peas oops I was thinking that they were ok, I had made pea soup earlier this week & thought I was doing good making it from scratch. I also read about the protein shake. Does anyone drink it? I have been thinking about it for a while & now reading that it is ok I want to do it more. Do you use it as replacement for a meal? Or drink it at a certain time (before workout or after)? It says that the whey is the best so I will need to go to GNC to pick some up.
If I need a quick breakfast or need a snack, I do drink protein shakes. I always add a few frozen strawberries with it to make it taste better. I found one that uses stevia as the sweetener. It's not too bad.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...J5ZXEPYJ5BG4WW
wendyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 02:38 PM   #164  
hunt and gatherer

S/C/G: 368/300/198

Height: 6'2"

Just stopping by to say hi. Today is a fast day for me as Wednesday was supposed to be. I grow tomatoes for market and they finished their season. I ended up cleaning out the rows and composting a ton of material accidentally eating the last of cherry tomatoes as I worked.

I didn't even realize I was eating until I had popped a dozen of the sweet little boogers. That just prompted me to fry up five pieces of bacon with some lettuce mayo and more maters to eat them properly. I couldn't fast yesterday because mom knew it was my eating day and mom wanted to cook primal for me. This was a first. How's that for converting a doubter? How cool is that for an 83 year old diabetic!? She planned this meal in advance so I had to eat yesterday too. It was very good, prime rib roast, a medley of six veggies, and a simple salad.

So for the past two days, I have had one meal a day. I suspect that will be my typical pattern in the future after I reach my goal. It really seems to work great for me. I have no idea if I can keep up the 25 pound a month pace this month, and I "feel" plateaued again, but I already decided not to be disappointed by any number. I knew it would get harder and perhaps not be realistic. Eh, we'll see. Two weeks to go before I weigh.

Stay strong everyone! Lift some weights and lose some weight!
BibBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 03:08 PM   #165  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB View Post
We love Leenie!
I love you too

And if you need anything else, just let me know

Last edited by Leenie; 07-16-2010 at 03:08 PM.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote