Old 04-05-2010, 11:34 AM   #1  
No Matter What!

S/C/G: 264/257/145

Default Mind if I join you, at least for a little while?

I have made the realization lately that I am 100% ADDICTED to sugar. I can't eat just a bite. Chocolate, candy, bread, pasta, ect. is all the same to me and after every single meal I eat I crave sugar so bad that I sometimes feel like I would literally shoot the Easter Bunny to get some.

So, here I am. I really want to stop being a slave to sugar (simple carbs) and I realize that it will take some effort to do this. I've struggled with emotional eating and disordered eating for many, many years so I have to be careful because strict diets throw me into a binge cycle so it's a fine line with me. I can't tell myself that I'm on a strict diet and that I can never have a piece of candy again. If I have that restrictive mentality then I'm doomed. I am looking at it as a choice this time. It's not that I CAN'T have something, it's that I'm choosing not to in the name of a healthier lifestyle.

I'm not sure if this makes sense or not, but if ya'll don't mind I think I might hang around here for a while and see how it goes. I love the idea of having some extra support to get through this. I've been back and forth on 3CF for years but never seem to stick. Hopefully I'll still be welcome anyway, LOL.

Make it a great day!

T
teensie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:15 PM   #2  
I want to feel better

S/C/G: 291.2/???/healthier

Height: 5 foot 3.5 inches

Good luck!

I can't go on a strict diet either, it lasts less than a day, and I eat a ton of stuff the day before the "strct diet". So from now on, I can eat whatever I want, in moderation.
MablesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 170.8/110

Height: 5'4"

That's my biggest thing too...sugar and chocolate..I lvoe them both...I put tons in coffee, tons in tea...
I can't hardly drink anything that isn't high in sugar...

So far, this is day 3 of my 400th diet attempt over the last 2 years....
hoping this time i can stick to it.
Kallye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 10:05 AM   #4  

Height: 6-1.5

This is the funny thing. Sweetness in America is twice as sweet in other countries. We put way too much sugar/ corn syrup into things. Once you slow down on the sugar, you start to realize that foods have their own natural sweetness. I've been away from sugar so long that I can't stand a vending machine chocolate bar. If I want chocolate, I have to eat dark less sweet chocolate. I think I have (diet) soda maybe twice a year, and ice cream about the same amount. I tried to eat a pastry last year but it grossed me out.
giselley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:25 PM   #5  
No Matter What!

S/C/G: 264/257/145

I'm already noticing a difference after just a week. Maybe I shouldn't really have posted to this forum, because I have no intention of following a truly low carb diet - I just want a little less carbs all together and a higher percentage of healthy ones. It's true, though, that we want everything to be sweet and not just sweet but over the top sweet. This week I followed the Atkins induction foods list for the first 4 days. Then I got a little more lenient and added back in an English muffin, a little fruit, a few things like that here and there. Still much less than I normally would. I've really just stayed away from pure sweets and that has been a huge help for me. I want to be able to eat like a "normal" person and not constantly be searching for my next sugar rush! The one thing I have found out this week is it's a lot easier to just not have any sweets than to tell yourself you'll just have one and then fight the urge to eat the rest.

So I guess I'm following my own plan of sorts but it feels good so far!
teensie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:46 AM   #6  

S/C/G: Goal: 140

Height: 5'7"

Well, good for you teensie3. By avoiding the foods you are addicted to all together you are conquering those cravings.

On another note, if you followed Atkins as prescribed you would probably lose a lot more weight in over a consistent time frame. You can have berries on the third week of Atkins and after a clean induction and nice ripe strawberry will taste as sweet as candy!
Catmandu is offline   Reply With Quote