3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   Help! I'm STARVING!!!!!!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/192172-help-im-starving.html)

Steelslady 01-25-2010 04:52 PM

Help! I'm STARVING!!!!!!!!

I can't believe this. I've done low carb diets before and I have NEVER been this hungry before. This is what I've eaten today so far:

Breakfast:
coffee with heavy cream
American cheese with 1 cup of egg whites (only 1 carb in the cheese)
2 sausage patties
regular mayo

Lunch:
chicken with mayonaise

Snacks-
2 chicken breasts with blue cheese dressing
peanuts (I was desperate-figured I'd try some nuts to see if that might help me stop eating)

I haven't had any vegetables today or anything carby except for the peanuts which I just had some right now.

I've had PLENTY to drink today so it's not a lack of water. I've had 2 cups of coffee, green tea, three 24 oz tumblers of water.

I'm not craving anything carby- believe it or not I'm craving protein! All I want to do is eat chicken! A friend of mine asked me if I've been working out lately- I have the last 3 days. She said maybe my body is needing more protein to help repair my muscles. Could this be the reason why I'm hungry all day? When I woke up this morning I wasn't hungry so I didn't eat until around 11:30 AM.

Has this happened to anyone else? What did you do? Eat more protein until you were satisfied? This is driving me crazy. Even though I started the Jorge Cruise low carb diet I haven't gone over 40 carbs a day and that was my highest day which was yesterday.

HealthierLori 01-25-2010 05:02 PM

I guess it depends on what your diet plan is...on the Atkins plan, anyhow, he says to eat enough protein and fat until you are satisfied.

BTW, I think some sausage might actually have carbs in it that could set off cravings...same with the blue cheese dressing, some of the dressings actually have sugar added :( In fact it's hard to find one that doesn't have a bit of sugar! I have this theory that even a little bit of sugar can set off the hungries.

Just out of curiosity, what low-carb plan are you following? I'm following the Atkins plan, but I'm out of induction now and into the OWL stage. :)

P.S. Plus on the Atkins induction (the strictest 2-week beginning) you still get 3 cups of salad greens type veggies and one cup of cooked veggies per day. I don't see any veggies on your menu today, I wonder if some veggies cooked with butter would help with the hunger?

Steelslady 01-25-2010 05:19 PM

I usually do have veggies but as I said above I've been craving chicken and protein all day. I didn't have much blue cheese dressing and the kind I have is 1 carb no sugars. I've been eating that since I started this diet with no problems.

Same with the sausage- this is the Jones Natural sausage with nothing added to it.

After eating that last chicken breast it appears that I am finally full now. :D I hope it stays that way because I don't think I could afford to eat another round of calories like this today! Honestly it was awful- I just couldn't fill up.

I will be having a salad later with more protein. I usually do eat my veggies but for some reason today I just couldn't eat enough protein foods........such a shock as I've never had this happen before on a low carb diet. :?:

Thanks for the advice though. If it happens again I will try to add some veggies in with the protein to see if it helps quell my hunger.

Steelslady 01-26-2010 11:36 AM

After all that I ate yesterday I can not believe that I lost another two pounds! I was expecting a gain to be honest with you- how can this be? Maybe it will catch up with me tomorrow or the next day? :shrug: Oh and when I woke up this morning my arms felt great- no more pain from all the exercises I did to them. Maybe they were screaming for extra protein like my friend said?

I'm going to enjoy this loss because today is my birthday and it was a great way to start the day let me tell you. :carrot: Saving up my carbs for a sweet treat tonight at the buffet that we're going to (my choice to go there) to celebrate my birthday. This way here I can pick out the meats and low carb veggies while having one small piece of egg cake as my birthday cake. :D

Have a great day everyone!

HealthierLori 01-26-2010 11:51 AM

:bday2you::balloons::woo::hb::bday2::goodscale

Wow, Happy Birthday to you, and congrats on your weight loss! Well that explains what was going on yesterday - your body has been burning fat like crazy and it got a little worried and said you needed some more protein because the body knows it's not a good thing to lose weight too fast! You are doing great! :)

Violet73 01-27-2010 07:47 AM

Happy bday! I just wanted to mention that you might wanna eat beef too. Your proteins should have fat in them. Chicken is ok but I wouldn't always eat that for my protein. Glad to see you had a loss!

LovebirdsFlying 02-05-2010 01:09 AM

The beauty of low-carb is that if you're hungry, you eat. You'd been craving chicken and protein, so eat chicken and protein. When I want a cheeseburger, I eat a cheeseburger. And by cheeseburger, I mean meat and cheese, no bread, no condiments. It fills me up!

sarahinparis 02-09-2010 07:20 AM

Sometimes I think we've all read too many diet books when we get frustrated because we're extra-hungry one day. The human body is a brilliant adaptable machine, but not one that is so tightly calibrated as to always have exactly the same needs (like a 1200 cal a day diet would make you think).

Some days we're extra hungry and need more food. Some days (if we listen to our hunger) we're less hungry & need less. Sometimes these make sense to us (extra exercise, a hot day, etc) sometimes it's just a mystery.

I've learned to just listen more to my body.

three herring 03-23-2010 10:29 AM

Any reason you are eating egg whites and not the whole egg?

Peanuts are a legume and have more carbs than true nuts.

Need some greens in there too.

Othewise it looks like a great menu. If you are hungry, eat more meat and fat until satisfied. The one weird hunger/craving cure for me has always been mackerel or sardines and mayo. Probably because it is rich in good fats. I make my own mayo with olive oil and lemon juice.

I am not particularly LCing right now, but did so for many years. I really liked how I felt back then.

LisaSue 03-23-2010 02:32 PM

Right before TOM, I cannot satisfy my hunger. But since doing Atkins, and adding more fat (that was hard to do, to re-train my brain), but once I added more fat to my woe, I was able to feel full, not stuffed, but very satisfied.

By the way, congrats on your weight loss and Happy Birthday!

Catmandu 04-22-2010 08:20 AM

hi Steelslady. If you're hungry - eat. Just eat foods that are on plan. Looking at what you ate during the course of the day I would say you are not eating enough and you are definitely not eating enough vegetables. You need 12-15 NC from veggies every day. Remember, veggies are also filled with fiber and that will also curb your hunger. Oh yeah - get that water in!