Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 09:12 PM   #1  

Default Jorge's Cruise's Belly Fat Cure..AWESOME!

I am on the BFC with my teenage son and we could not be happier with the results and the program! I started last Friday and I am down 7 pounds and my son started on Monday and he is down 3 pounds. We LOVE it! It is not expensive and it has killed our cravings and really regulated our appetite. We have been working out together to GILAD at night for 20 to 30 minutes.

I am so proud of my son. He was so addicted to sugar and carbs. He is reading labels, eating what he is supposed to and it has been painless except for the First day on Monday.

He told me tonight that water actually tastes really good! *lol*
Old 01-08-2010, 07:35 PM   #2  

Hi,
I just heard about this the other day and it sounded like it might work for us! Sure would be great to have a buddy to help me along!
Old 01-15-2010, 07:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 146/144/118

Height: 5"2

Hi! I am on day two and feel a little bit of the sugar withdrawl and probably lots of carbs as well. We are going away this weekend and it is nice to be on a plan that is not so restrictive. I can actually eat, have some wine and still stay on plan. I am planning on bringing one or two snacks-baked cheetos or chips just to not feel deprived. Also my Jay Robb shakes, nuts and cheese. I just hope I can stop at one or two servings of the chips! Have a great day!
Old 01-15-2010, 03:01 PM   #4  

Default Belly Fat Cure Diet

My fiance and I have been doing Jorge Cruises diet and have been pretty successful so far. Before this we were just watching our calories and fat intake and had lost 75 lbs for me and about 50lbs for him. We both gain weight in our midsection especially and came upon his book and figured we would give it a try. At first it sounds impossible but once you get into a routine of it, it isn't too hard. I do have my moments but overall I am liking it so far. I would love to hear from anyone else who is doing this type of diet as well. I lost 3lbs last week and he lost 5lbs. Sunday is our weigh in day so I will update then.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:43 PM   #5  

Default Thisis MotherandSon

I closed out another email account, so I am now SistaDiva2001

This is day 19 for me and I am down 16.5 pounds. I love it. It is not complicated and the cravings for sweet tastes are just not there. I did have orange juice over the weekend, but my sugar consumption daily is about 5 -7 grams, so it was no big deal.

My son is halfway doing it and he is down 10 pounds. I still work out between 10 and 40 minutes a day..Closer to 30.

You don't have to buy all of the products he suggests. I have no use for SFree cookies, maple syrup ect...I did buy the low carb ketchup which is really good. But, I find this lifestyle very easy....
Old 01-21-2010, 12:31 PM   #6  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

I am starting this diet tomorrow as I need to shop for it.

I did something similar years ago and lost weight pretty steady. Thing was I didn't count the sugar part just cut down to under 90 carbs or under a day. The weight did come off (slowly but steady) and I was able to have a treat daily if I wanted to so long as I stayed within my carb limit. Being able to enjoy the foods you love so long as you plan them in your daily carb/sugar limit is exactly what the doctor ordered.

I'm surprised I didn't go back to this way of eating in the last four years. I've tried everything- Atkins which bombed because too much protein made me sick, calorie counting which was frustrating counting every single bite and very limiting- although that does work for others who have the time and patience to do it, vegetarian (too many carbs for my body type unfortunately). You name it I've tried it. It's so easy too- just stay within a certain carb limit and sugar limit (no more than 15 grams of sugar per day and no more than 80-120 carbs per day).

The carbs that I do it when I do this type of diet I most of them for night time. This way here once in awhile I can have a sweet potato, beets, or corn if I desire them. Although I try not to have too much of these things when I'm trying to lose weight it's nice to be able to have a sweet potato every now and then as I do miss them. Other low carb diets forbid them as well as pastas, grains, breads, or sweets.

Looking forward to getting started. Perhaps we could all help one another along and encourage each other? Let's keep this thread going and report our progresses weekly! It would be nice to hear how others are doing!
Old 01-24-2010, 11:01 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'7"

I am starting the belly fat cure diet tomorrow. I will post my success on here. I am excited because I really think this diet will work for me. I lost about 50 lbs several yrs ago and this diet sounds easier than that.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:36 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 229/229/150

Height: 5'8"

Default Recipes?

Hi There

I'm new here and have been struggling with the word 'DIET' ... everytime I've done that, I've lost and then gained back more ... Fast forward to present and I'm heavier than I've ever been in my life.

I thought this plan looked really promising; it sounds like healthy eating as opposed to diet eating. I know that sugar is a no-no for me, but I'm wondering about recipes. When I looked at books by Jorge Cruise there are several different plans. There is a recipe one, but I don't think it is for the BFC plan.

Does the BFC plan have enough simple recipes that you can manage or is it worth buying the other recipe book?

TIA
Old 02-04-2010, 01:19 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 256.8/251.6/180

Height: 5'10"

I saw the article in First magazine about The Belly Fat Cure and started the diet two weeks ago. So far I've lost 5.2 lbs. and my jeans have more breathing room now. I had a headache from sugar withdrawal the first two days, but it's been pretty good since then. Easy to follow, just counting sugar grams and carb servings. It seems like something I can stick with (I hope)
Old 02-09-2010, 08:44 PM   #10  

Default Question

I'm wondering if you're using the diet by Jorge Cruise as explained in his book. In the past, I've purchased books of weight loss programs only to find that the info is very hard to understand and apply. I would appreciate any understanding you can share!
Old 02-10-2010, 10:45 AM   #11  

Default Yes..I use the Plan from the Book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenity55 View Post
I'm wondering if you're using the diet by Jorge Cruise as explained in his book. In the past, I've purchased books of weight loss programs only to find that the info is very hard to understand and apply. I would appreciate any understanding you can share!
Yes, I am using the plan from the book and I am down 25 pounds since January 1 and today is Febuary 10th .

I am not sure what you are asking, but the program is no more than 15 grams of sugar a day and no more than 120 grams of carbs. That is it in a nutshell. It is not hard to understand and the book is very much user friendly. He prefers that you avoid artificial sweeteners like Splenda and Equal, but I use the Heinz low carb ketchup sparingly and it contains Splenda. It is the last ingredient on the list, so I am comfortable with that.

I average between 5 and 8 grams of sugar a day (as I do not care for sweets like cakes, pies and cookies..but my addiction was JUICE) and about 80 grams of carbs a day. That is all I truly want.

I exercise 30 minutes a day on average. This diet gave me increased energy within 3 days, so I increased my workouts. I believe in exercise because it is a stress reliever and the body was meant to move. I started out with 10 minutes a day doing Debra Mazda's Shapely Girl walking and now I am doing Jari Love's Ripped Series, Melt it Off with Mitch and Brazillian Butt Lift. Jorge says you don't have to but with so much energy..I just feel compelled to move and now exercise is just a part of my life. My son does BFC about 65% of the time and works out about an hour a day and his weightloss is on par with mine. He talks about all of the energy he has as well and as a teenager, he likes hanging out with his friends and he eats what they eat 35% of the time but he never pigs out. His eating habits have changed so much but more importantly, he is active and really thinks before he eats. I am so proud of him.

We are never hungry. Our tastes have changed. We both look great and I cannot say enough about this WOE. I have no desire to eat refined sugar/products...NONE. There are too many options out there to be completely satisfied. This is not something I am going "on and off". It is a lifestyle for me now.

Best of luck!
Old 02-10-2010, 10:57 AM   #12  

Default Recipes and BFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by time2Bme View Post
Hi There

I'm new here and have been struggling with the word 'DIET' ... everytime I've done that, I've lost and then gained back more ... Fast forward to present and I'm heavier than I've ever been in my life.

I thought this plan looked really promising; it sounds like healthy eating as opposed to diet eating. I know that sugar is a no-no for me, but I'm wondering about recipes. When I looked at books by Jorge Cruise there are several different plans. There is a recipe one, but I don't think it is for the BFC plan.

Does the BFC plan have enough simple recipes that you can manage or is it worth buying the other recipe book?

TIA
There are lots of recipes and they are simple. I am a great cook and love to cook and I just adapt my recipes.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:44 PM   #13  

Hi everybody.
Just wanted to pop in and intro myself. Im starting back on the BFC tomorrow. I started it a few weeks ago and and was on it for a week and lost 5 lbs. in that week. Pretty good I think. But fell away from it for a while. Im glad to see that its been working for others too. Also glad that I found a place that is so supportive. If anyone wants to buddy up while on the BFC that would be awesome. I need someone to keep me accountable and vice versa. A little background info on my:

27 yrs. old, married, mom of a 4 year old girl. Currently 170 lbs, 5'7. Anything else you can ask me about. Looking forward to tales of success!
Old 01-10-2011, 08:04 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 194/193/160

Height: 5'2

HI I started yesterday I have the book on my kindle its new to me also so going back and forth is an issue for me.. I get the 15/6 servings of carbs.. but what I am NOT sure of is.. How much or how many ozs is a serving for meats/chicken/fish? and does it HAVE to be string cheese can it be cheddar..? I dont DO sweets,but every now an then I want a cookie... IM astounded about the hidden sugars!!!!!any help would be wonderful Im retired and I got a wedding staring me in the face.

Last edited by theyaya2; 01-10-2011 at 09:04 AM. Reason: wanted to add weight counter didnt do it right
Old 01-12-2011, 08:48 PM   #15  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyaya2 View Post
HI I started yesterday I have the book on my kindle its new to me also so going back and forth is an issue for me.. I get the 15/6 servings of carbs.. but what I am NOT sure of is.. How much or how many ozs is a serving for meats/chicken/fish? and does it HAVE to be string cheese can it be cheddar..? I dont DO sweets,but every now an then I want a cookie... IM astounded about the hidden sugars!!!!!any help would be wonderful Im retired and I got a wedding staring me in the face.
Hi Theyaya, WELCOME !!!!!

I am not sure that you'll get many responses here because this thread is older. Here is a link to the most current one http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/othe...er-2010-a.html

Good luck and again WELCOME

Leenie
Closed Thread