Old 02-16-2010, 01:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 172/156/145

Height: 5'4"

Default juice question

Hi everyone. I'm on the Diet To Go meal delivery plan, low carb, and doing great. I have a question that I think there might not be an answer for but decided to go ahead and ask anyway.

My doctor wants me to take a green drink every day. Before I started watching my carbs closely I'd mix it with Goji berry juice (25 g carbs, btw). Well now I'm looking for an alternative to juice to mask the green drink taste. The kicker is I won't use artificial sweeteners and I hate the taste of stevia. That's why I think I'm probably s.o.l. Anyone have any ideas?
Sammyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:52 PM   #2  
Changing behaviours

Height: 5'7"

I'm interested to see if anyone has an answer to this q. that's better than mine... I hope so

I mix my Greens powder with as little ice-cold water as possible, thus making a very small drink that I can knock back in one swallow. And then have some more ice water on hand to drink immediately after.
Fressca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 02:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I think I'd give up on a sweet taste and develop a savory, vegetable juice type drink. I know there are lots of recipes and different ways to do that.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 03:08 PM   #4  

You know once I tried mixing it with tomato juice but it was so thick I couldn't drink it. Maybe if I diluted the tomato juice with some vodka and add some hot sauce, lol.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:10 PM   #5  

Fressca, thanks for that tip. I'm going to try it if I don't get any other good ideas.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:37 AM   #6  

Height: 6-1.5

I just thought of this: Go to a garden store (this is in a month or so) and buy a Stevia plant (the stuff they make Truvia/Purvia out of). Keep it alive, and use the leaves to sweeten the drink. In the winter, use the dried leaves. Also get some other "flavoring" leaves like mint, and add those. Maybe they will make it taste better. You can buy stevia plants on line also. They send them and you plant them as an herb. I don't think they are an indoor plant though.
giselley is offline   Reply With Quote