Old 07-28-2008, 01:28 PM   #1  

Default low carb Lolita's- last week of july!

Good morning,
I had a really fun, not very OP weekend. It's been really hot here, so the lake is the place to be! My dermatologist would be very upset about the amount of sun I've been getting, but it's only summer once, right?

On Saturday I did the LC wrap washed down with a couple of beers and a couple of mixed drinks. It's kind of bad trade off for me. If I switch from beer to mixed drinks, I save on the carbs, I don't have a real good concept of how much I can drink. I cured the inevitable hangover by spending part of Sunday floating on a raft near my little cooler. Is there anything more relaxing? So today, after work, I really need to finish all the laundry I started over the weekend and do some serious house work. I did cook some on Sunday so I had left over chicken for my lunch salad. Tonight I'll work on creating more leftovers to eat for breakfast all week.

After reading everyone's sister stories, I think I may need to call my older sister and thank her. She's a really good older sister. I'm on good terms with my brother too, although we don't communicate as often. I was worried about DH's and his siblings when his mom died a couple of years ago. I thought they'd find something to fight about, but they didn't. They're on pretty good terms too.

It's strange when there are no parents left. My mother and DMIL died within two years of each other and my father and DFIL were long gone by then. So both DH and I are the oldest generation in our families. I know it will be more difficult to stay close to siblings now. My sister won't let us drift apart, but I don't know who in DH's family will make sure they stay close. I think you need to stay close, unless you absolutely can't stand it. Who can you count on more than a sibling? Who remembers all the childhood stories? I definitely need to call my sister!!

Calmie, racoons in the house!! That would be scary. We had a cat door when I was a kid and I remember several four legged intruders that scared me to death. Also, birds. The cats would bring them inside the house and let them go. I think it was a game for them, but waking up with a bird swooping around and people with brooms chasing it was pretty scary. My dogs are gonna have to wait for me to let them in and out!!! Pet doors are too traumatic!
lynnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 07:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5" / Low Carb WOE

Good morning all!

Had dental exams/cleanings for me and DD yesterday, DH is getting his today. Currently waiting on my doctor to call back and give me my latest bloodwork results. Going in for an annual mammogram this afternoon as well. Busy week!

I'm still undecided what to do about my sister. I have 2 sisters, being that I'm the youngest of 8, and I don't have any problems with the rest of my siblings. Actually just about everyone in my family is, at best, indifferent to the sister I have issues with, and a few feel as strongly as I do. Even our father (mom is deceased) loves her but doesn't LIKE her....ah well, wasn't going to get to in depth into 'sister complaints' in this thread, will move on.

My house is almost done! I still have to recaulk my bathroom and...the worst part...shudder...I have to clean our office. Very scary. This room I'm in right now is a junk magnet (anything without an official 'place' winds up in here) as well as a dirt magnet (hello...internet junkies living in this house). Opps, almost forgot, I have to clean the outsides of my windows too...which means I have to purchase a hose today because our old one is trash.

Having a 'stall' week this week, not sure why. Dropped to 167 lbs on my weigh day and went up to 168 lbs. the day after, have been hovering at 168 the last 2 days. Really hoping I'm not going to have to move my ticker UP on my next official weigh day (Aug. 5th) .

Relatives will be here on Friday. Speaking of that, most likely I will have to move my ticker up. While I don't foresee any problems staying on food plan while they are here...I have a feeling we'll be drinking wine every night. My BiL (DH's bro) is a wine lover, but he doesn't drink much unless on vacation or at special events. And as any of you who have read my posts know, I love wine too. In addition, doubt I'll have time to sneak off to the gym with guests here. So....yeah. Ticker will probably be moved up next week. Will just have to get back on that horse when they are gone.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week and you accomplish everything you set your mind to!
snapless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:30 PM   #3  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hello,

I've still been working my butt of at the gym and sticking to my low-carb plan and it seems to be working for me. The weather here is so hot , I feel like I'm forcing my dogs to do their business quickly when I take them for their walks.

I feel like I pulled a muscle on the left side of my back when I got up off the couch tonite. It's pretty sore. I hope it feels better by tomorrow, cause my gym workouts can't be put off.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:09 AM   #4  

Hi Lily, it is hot, isn't it? Today is supposed to be the worst so far, I think. Tomorrow it might rain. DH takes our dogs out in the evening and I think he's out of his mind. He comes back all dripping wet. He'd be better off walking them in the early morning when it's still cool.
Snapless, dentist appts and in-laws visiting. Some people might call that a bad week! Sounds like you don't have a problem with your in laws though- good for you. I think stepping back and deciding to go a little off plan is all right now and then. Certianly better than setting unattainable goals and then giving up!
DH has a pot roast in the crock pot and I'm trying to think up something OP to replace the potatoes - which we're out of anyway. I thought I'd make him and DD some egg noodles and turn the broth from the roast into something like stroganoff. Not sure how to thicken it though. Then, I thought I'd try chopping up cabbage into long skinny peices and zapping it in the microwave. I don't usually like cooked cabbage, but I've been really enjoying cole slaw this summer so maybe I need to give the cooked stuff a second change??? I've eaten a lot broccoli and cauliflower lately and I eat salad every day. I need to broaden my LC veggies horizon! I'll let you know how my experiment turns out.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:20 PM   #5  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Lynn,

You might want to have a look at this link for some very tasty veggie recipes. Anything marked with an * is Induction friendly
http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/side_dish_recipes.html
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 02:24 PM   #6  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Just time for a quick HI! and a HUG!

ttyal in the Weeeeee Hours . . .
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 05:21 PM   #7  

The day almost got away from me without checking in! Hi Aud, glad you stopped by! Kim, thanks for the recipe link. I need to go check it out. I'm on my way to find something to wear to a wedding! Help! Why do all the dresses above size 12 look like something my grandmother would wear (and she died 30 years ago!!!). I have one outfit that would work in my closet but I'm pretty sure it's too tight. If only I had stayed OP the last few weekends!!!
Tonight I'm meeting both DD's for dinner and a movie (Mama Mia- seems like a good one to see with daughters). So I have to stay away from the bread!! We'll probably go to an italian place and I know I can not order pasta. I know they have good LC salads, but I love their bread. Also, older DD has already been talking about wine. Gotta have some self control!!!! Then I have to confront the popcorn demon. Sometimes it's easier to just stay home! But I am looking forward to the movie and the time with two DD's. Wish me luck.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:18 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 230/188/145 Started 1/3/08

Height: 5'4

Hi Crazy Lassies! I'm popping in quick. Mom's treatments have started and I'm home so very rarely.

ox
SC
stayincalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 03:17 PM   #9  

Just wanted to stop by for my thursday check in. We loved the movie last night - Mama Mia but I had a couple of handfuls of popcorn. I love popcorn! Oh well. I wasted time early in the week so it's time for me to buckle down and get to work!
Old 08-01-2008, 09:35 AM   #10  

So here I am talking to myself again, but I wanted to stop by and say TGIF!!!! Not sure how my weekend's going to turn out. Going to a wedding tomorrow and the rehearsal dinner tonight, but since DH is the one in the wedding (as an usher) I have no details about the event! Not even sure if the reception includes a meal. We may end up out on the lake after the happy couple goes off to their honeymoon! Which would be great since it's supposed to be almost 100 degrees for the next five days. I haven't been to the grocery store all week so no telling what we'll end up eating, but I have a freezer full of meat and a crisper full of lettuce (only a little brown) and celery! Lots of celery! I should be able to make it work. So I hope everyone else is having a good day and weekend!! See ya.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:05 AM   #11  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone,

I had my 2 hr. workout again today. Then this evening I played golf for 4 hrs. in this sweltering heat. I'm sure I sweated off at least a lb., so hopefully the scale will be kind to me this weekend.

Lynnar, I enjoy going to movies, but I find it impossible for me to resist the popcorn. Munching porkrinds just aint the same thing ! Since you only had a couple handfuls, you did great. I usually end up eating 1/3 of a large bucket.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 12:44 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 200/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5" / Low Carb WOE

Just dropping in for a quick hello, relatives just left on the train to head back to Tokyo, but I have some errands to run today.

While they were here....
  • Exercise: Didn't do anything except for that huge hike all over Lake Towada (mountain crater lake) area.
  • Drink: I had wine every day but in moderate (1-2 glass) amounts and had 1 specialty beer. Have no idea how many carbs were in that beer though because it was a locally brewed beer from our trip to Lake Towada...which means its label was Japanese and I'm not even sure that the carb info would have been on there anyway.
  • Food: Stayed on plan every day for every meal until last night. Made a homemade pumpkin pie (9" non-deep dish) with 1/4 the sugar content the recipe called for. Made homemade whipped cream with 1 tbsp of splenda. Had a single slice (8 slices) of pie with the relatives.
  • Journal: Didn't update it at all.
Starting back gym tomorrow. No more alcohol until Halloween. Back on food plan 100% today and will update my journal tonight.

Haven't weighed myself at all because I've been kind of scared to, but official weigh/measure day is tomorrow and picture progress day is on the 6th. Will see tomorrow if I move my ticker up or down...

Will post more tomorrow. Lily, sounds like you got a great workout in, keep up the awesome work! Sorry I made you talk to yourself again Lynn, hope your weekend is wonderful!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week!
snapless is offline   Reply With Quote