July Daily Intake Accountability Thread

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I'm moving the thread up a forum and starting a new month. Hey, I live in the future, so sue me...it's already July 1 here.

Please feel free to post as much or as little about your daily intake as you feel the need to post for your own accountability.

I'll be making my first post in about 8 hours.
  • July 1 total net carbs: 20 grams

Quote:
    Vitamins:
    Mx, E, C, Bx, Met, GTx

Breakfast: 8 net grams carbs
    3 cups coffee w/splenda & heavy cream
    homemade vegetable stir-fry (yes, I know...odd breakfast)

Exercise:
    60 crunches
    60 squats (no weights)
    40 lunges each leg (no weights)

Lunch: 6 net grams carbs
    roast beef, swiss and lettuce wrap

Snack: 2 net grams carbs
    1 serving pistachio nuts

Dinner: 4 net grams carbs
    1 small kosher dill
    salad (lettuce & broccoli) w/ranch dressing, topped with tuna mixed with mayo.

How I feel: Still feeling fluish. Have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. Got some exercise in at home. Want to hit the gym tomorrow...think I'm going to start alternating M-W-F cardio with T-T-S weight training and still do my yoga on Sundays.
  • Hmm. This is a good idea. I should do this, really.

July 1st:

Breakfast:
    slice of honeydew melon.
    80g of feta cheese.
    6 cherries.
    6 slices of salami.

LUNCH:
    Cup of pumpkin soup.
    Couple of lettuce leaves.
    Stir-fried veg (cabbage, bok choi, mushrooms, broccoli).
    2 slices of boiled egg.
    2 or 3 small pieces of chicken (which I picked out of the singapore noodles, because there was no other bloody protein in sight! Bloody school dinners! Today was particularly bad - macaroni-with-sausage, singapore noodles, rice, potatoes, carrots, stir-fried veg, salad. I mean - hello?)

SNACK:
    Babybel individual cheese.
    Cube of 73% cocoa chocolate
    Handful of salted broad beans.

DINNER:
    Various Thai dishes shared with friends:
    Fish with chilli
    Green seafood curry
    Spicy beef salad
    Pork with stir fried veggies.

YUM!!! ...no idea what the carb content was, but can't have been scary - pretty much all the ingredients were induction-friendly stuff, since I skipped the rice - just the coconut milk in the curry that's a wee bit off plan, and that's not a particularly wicked thing.
  • Okay, July 2nd:

BREAKFAST:
    Mushrooms sauted in olive oil with a couple of slivers of chicken breast and several spring onions, finished with a pepper cream sauce.

LUNCH:
    Stirfried veggies (cabbage, brocolli, bok choy).
    Lettuce
    Small cup of green curry with tofu.

SNACK:
    30g of almond slivers with tiny crunchy fried anchovies.
    1 mini babybel cheese.

DINNER:
    Cauliflower Cheese topped with sauted bacon & chicken breast with spring onions.
    Spoon of tomato salsa.

Leftover chocolate cheesecake (made with splenda) and raspberries, from a dessert I'm making for work.

Today I've been trying REALLY BLOODY HARD to drink 2 litres of water.
  • July 2nd total net grams carbs: 18

Quote:
    Vitamins:
    Mx, E, C, Bx, Met, GTx

Breakfast: 2 net grams carbs
    2 eggs over medium
    1 sausage patty

Exercise:
    30/25/20 reps leg press machine
    30/25/20 reps abdominal machine
    30/25/20 reps arm curl (tricep) machine
    15 minutes recumbent bike - 5 miles
    30 minutes random hill (1.5-7.8 elev.) 3.5 speed
    30 minutes no hill 4.0 speed

roast beef, swiss and lettuce wrap

Snack: 0 net grams carbs
    None today

Dinner: 8 net grams carbs
    1/2 cup raw broccoli florets w/1 tbsp ranch dressing
    1 piece Popeye’s mild fried chicken - wing - skin and breading removed
    1 piece Popeye’s mild fried chicken - leg - skin and breading removed
    1 piece Popeye’s mild fried chicken - thigh - skin and breading removed

How I feel: I am so burnt out. I had to use the gym in the evening for two reasons. The first was because my morning was taken up with other things, and the second is…grrr…the parent/child room is under construction.

This means I’m going to have to work out at night after my husband gets home from work until the 11th which is when it is supposed to reopen. Knowing the military it will probably take longer than that. I am NOT happy. I am so unmotivated in the evenings, mornings are my best exercise time.
    Yes, you will all probably see me throwing fits for the next 9 days because I can't work out at the gym in the morning. It was so bloody hard forcing myself to stay at the gym working out tonight. I HATE working out at night, at least during the 'warmer' months. No flipping AC in there!

To make matters worse I'm so burned out from exercise that I didn't feel like cooking so I ate greasy fast-food chicken instead.

Water drinking? No problem at least for me. I know the more I drink water the more I want it.

Fay, you can do it!
  • Where is our Petra? I miss her!!!!
  • See, I do drink water a lot during the day, and was considering myself to be pretty well hydrated (I mean, I live in the tropics, and before then in the Middle East - water is my friend!) - which is why I hadn't been measuring it. But I'm not at all sure that it was adding up to 2 whole litres, because that looks like a lot when you stare at a litre bottle of water, so...yeah.
  • Stayincalm: I'm not sure where petra is, haven't seen her post in a week or so.

Fay: The water bottles here that I buy are 16 oz., so when I was training myself to drink enough water I made sure that I was drinking at least 4 of those bottles and I kept track of it in my journal. It was hard at first (I was a Mountain Dew junkie). This last week I stopped keeping track because it has become natural for me to reach for a glass of water now instead of other stuff. I have maybe 2 (splenda sweetened) diet cokes in a week, and maybe 1 cup of hot tea a week. 2-3 cups of coffee every morning and everything else I drink is water.

July 3 total net grams carbs: 19 grams
    Quote:
    Vitamins:
    Mx, E, C, Bx, Met, GTx

Breakfast: 3 net grams carbs
    2 eggs over medium
    2 sausage patties
    1/2 cup raw celery

Exercise:
    Entire circuit of machine weights 40/30/20 reps progressive weights
    20 minutes treadmill random hill (1.5-7.8 elev.) 3.5 speed

Lunch: 10 net grams carbs
    1 piece Popeye’s mild fried chicken - wing - skin and breading removed
    1 piece Popeye’s mild fried chicken - thigh - skin and breading removed
    6 dark red (sweet) cherries

Snack: 0 net grams carbs
    12 oz. diet coke

Dinner: 6 net grams carbs
    2 thin pork chops, trimmed
    1 cup green beans, boiled

How I feel: Oww, picked up the weight training today. Did the entire circuit and my arms feel like limp noodles. My legs and torso aren’t much better. Did my workout at night again and the gym was hot hot hot…bloody sauna. My husband is off work tomorrow so I’m going to go early in the morning and do cardio before the gym heats up. Hopefully no one will be there since it is a national holiday.
  • July 5 Total Net Carbs Today: 21 grams
    Vitamins:
    Mx, E, C, Bx, Met, GTx

Breakfast: 3 net grams carbs
    3 cups coffee w/splenda & heavy cream, 2 hard boiled eggs, 1/2 cup raw celery

Exercise:
    1 hour yoga

roast beef, provolone and lettuce wrap

Snack: 6 net grams carbs
    6 red sweet cherries

1/2 rock cornish hen, baked, skinless, 1 cup green beans, boiled

How I feel: Tired but in a good way. It’s 11 PM and I need to go to bed, but I’m updating this real quick before I do. Ate correctly today and stayed well under my max 30 net grams carbs. Felt good all day. Got a bunch of housecleaning done and made a major life changing decision today that I will share with you all tomorrow.
  • July 6 & 7 Checkin
    July 6: 18 net grams carbs

Quote:
    Vitamins:
    Mx, E, C, Bx, Met, GTx

1 cup raw celery

Exercise:
    Entire weight circuit 15/15/15 progressive weight reps
    30 minutes treadmill no hill 4.0 speed

Lunch: 3 net grams carbs
    average salad with homemade chicken salad on top (chicken salad had leftover cornish hen, sliced hardboiled eggs, mayo and tobasco sauce in it)
    3 slices turkey bacon

Snack: 1 net grams carbs
    12 oz diet coke
    1 oz. cheddar cheese
    1 serving fried pork skins

Dinner: 14 net grams carbs
    South Beach frozen dinner because I was lazy (Kung Pao chicken, broccoli w/bamboo shoots)

How I feel: Pretty good day even though the gym was very hot when I went at 10 AM. Said I had something to share and I will - in a General post.
    July 7: 19 net grams carbs

Quote:
    Vitamins:
    Mx, E, C, Bx, Met, GTx

3 slices turkey bacon
    1 cup raw celery

Exercise:
    None

Lunch: 7 net grams carbs
    1 cup green beans
    1 serving boiled shrimp w/homemade cocktail sauce

Snack: 4 net grams carbs
    2 servings nut-rition mixed nuts (low salt, lower carb than regular mixed nuts)

roast beef, provolone and lettuce wrap

How I feel: Like crap. Didn’t drink enough water and had to run so many errands (including taking my 5 yr old for some dental work) I didn’t have time to get my exercise done in the morning…and as anyone who has read my posts knows, I hate working out at night. I hate driving at night. I hate going to the no-AC having gym at night during the summer.
  • July 8 & 9
    July 8 Total Net Carbs: 19g

Quote:
    Vitamins:
    Mx, E, C, Bx, Met, GTx

2 scrambled eggs
    3 slices turkey bacon

Exercise:
    entire circuit weight machines 15/15/15 reps progressive weights
    20 minutes treadmill no hill 4.0 speed

Lunch: 8 net grams carbs
    Taco Bell taco salad (beef) no beans, no shell

1 serving Nut-rition heart healthy nuts

Dinner: 7 net grams carbs
    South Beach savory pork frozen dinner

How I feel: Good today. Drank enough water and got my exercise in early. Going even earlier tomorrow…the gym was hot at 7:30 AM!
    July 9 Total Net Carbs: 32

Quote:
    Vitamins:
    Mx, E, C, Bx, Met, GTx

Breakfast: 14 net grams carbs
    multigrain wrap w/splenda raspberry jam & low sugar peanut butter (I just couldn’t bring myself to eat more eggs this morning )

Exercise:
    None

4 sweet red cherries
    small salad no dressing
    2 slices roast beef
    1 oz. cheddar

1 serving Nut-rition Heart Healthy mixed nuts

Dinner: 12 net grams carbs
    Chicken noodle soup

How I feel: I feel like total doodoo and it’s not from going over my carbs or not working out (although those probably contributed). I woke up feeling this way. I have a cold (bad enough), AND it is ToM (much much worse). I’m going to bed about 8:30 PM tonight. Hopefully will feel better tomorrow.
  • JUST the Thread I neeeeed! Tx snapster!

Wed. July 23, '08

B: 2 slices balogna (okokok . . . so I'm not real prepared yet!)

L: lettuce wedge
    splash olive oil
    ground black pepper

Supper: 2 more lettuce wedges as above
    3 large slices of beef roast

late nite snack: 2 smaller roast slices chopped into
    2 scrambled eggs & cheddar cheese (about 1/4 cup)

Thrs. Plan

Have already sucked down a Protein Smoothie
    (whey protein mix - *3 total crabs per scoop*) 1 scoop
    ice
    water
    splash of heavy cream
    MAGIC BULLET!

l&supper: 1 small pork steak chopped
    lg quarter cabbage chopped
    season & cooked in olive oil

late nite snack: ????something OP

• this is what i've been doing for the last 2 months:

Breakfast: 1 promax diet shake (10 grams carbs).
    1 vitamin supplement
    1 tablespoon of cod oil

Lunch: 1 promax diet bar or another shake. Not too often though. i don't feel hungry during lunch anymore so most days i just skip it. lots of water though

dinner: 1 can of sardines right after i get home before dinner. 3 grams of carbs i think.
    dinner with either pork, beef or chicken with lots of salad and a bit of salad cream. no idea how many carbs.
    maybe the odd peanut here and there.

lots and lots of water. seems to be working.
  • OJ,

I'm sorry if the things I'm going to say offend you (I'm not trying to!), but I just can't in good conscience continue reading your posts without asking some questions.

You posted in another thread that you had been on induction for 2 months. What plan are you using? If it is Atkins or based off of Atkins (like mine), you need to know that shakes and bars are absolutely not permitted during induction. Actually I've never heard of a low carb plan that allows for shakes during induction. Only foods from the acceptable foods list are permitted. I'm glad for you that you are keeping your carbs to a minimum but you should really be sticking to the guidelines of the plan.

And in another thread you posted that you weren't going to stay low carb forever because you didn't believe it to be a healthy lifestyle. Honestly with a menu like that I could see where you would get that misperception, but low carb does not mean unhealthy.

I eat low carb, mostly whole foods, and have had the best physical/blood workup in years since I began my WoE last May. There are people who have been eating low carb for years, maintaining the weight loss and being checked (with great results!) by physicians. I'm not trying to convert you...okay...maybe I am a bit so I'll get back to my original point here. If you don't believe low carb is healthy, why choose it out of all the other plans out there?

As I told someone else, "The best diet for you is the one that works for you and you can live with for the rest of your life." Dieting yo-yos aren't healthy...and I definitely want to be healthy.

I hope my post and my questions aren't offensive, I'm just confused by some of the things you've posted.
  • sorry i haven't replied sooner. i for some reason the thread subscription thingy isn't working properly.

Of course i'm not offended in any way. Strange that you would think that really, i read the post three times trying to find something that could be seen as offensive and couldn’t

Well, i never read the mr atkin's book.
    i read a lot about how it works though. from what i understood (please forgive and correct me if i'm wrong) you force your body to go into a state of burn fat for energy (both from your food and from your body) instead of burning carbs and storing leftovers as fat. sounded simple enough for me.

I heard of the induction phase and the maintenance phase and all that from the 'proper' atkins diet but i decided just to cut carbs to a minimum, try to eat as little sat. fat as possible and see what happens (i knew i wasn't going to gain weight since it involved reducing calorie count as well.)

I'm a living proof that that works. Nearly 50 pounds lost in 2 months says i'm proof of that went down 2 trouser sizes already . Supposedly a deficit of 500kcal per day will make you lose 1 pound per week or something like that. I was getting at least 1800kcal per day so something else was at work.

That mr. atkins was a pretty smart guy. he truly was a revolutionary.

I actually found that a low carb (and low sat fat) diet was the easiest one to follow and stick to without cheating.

best thing about it? i found that i'm not hungry during the day as i used to be. (even though i keep a small roasted peanut bag and a light low carb tuna meal in my backpack just in case there is a food emergency. There hasn’t been any yet.)

And even on the days that i plan to eat a lot (at a Chinese buffet the other day) for example (don't worry, it was just a meat fest) i couldn't eat more than 2 plates and that was pushing it. This comes from a person who could before eat between 4 and 5 plates, trust me, i may not be an astronaut or a world leader or anything like that, but dammit I CAN EAT! well, could... eat....

the reason why i got so fat in the first place was that i was always exaggerating. if i just kept eating moderately i wouldn't be going through this. i used to be slim believe it or not. when im fiinsh with the diet i'll post some before and after and after again pictures.

I was looking through such pictures recently, i couldn't believe it! i don't notice i'm losing weight when i look at a mirror but i see it in pictures.

I don't plan to stay on a low carb diet after i reach my goal. i already have another (pretty good) plan laid out to maintain my weight after this weight-loss part is over (probably within the next three months or so).

I apologise if I’ve offended anyone by claiming to be on atkins but not following the steps ‘as i should’. Too complicated for me. Simple = good in my head. I bet you folks probably looked at me like some sort of heretic or something. Sorry for not being as clear as i could be about my diet.

Anyway... here i am, strong and immovable in my diet .
    i did eat a peach yesterday, for the first time since i started the diet, which was the size of my fist. Soft, ripe perfectly peachy colour, heaven in my hands, just to find out later that it had a least 11 grams of sugar inside. Worth it though. funny are the days i ask (sometimes beg) my wife for a piece or milk chocolate and just as she is about to give it to me, i slap her hand and call her a bad wife for trying to tempt me with forbidden food. Dieting can be lifechanging.

I also found that 85% cocoa chocolate only has like 5 grams of cabs per 20 grams serving. i love that stuff. and the best thing about it is that my wife hates it. so it lasts a long time.

And to everybody who is on any kind of diet, stay strong.

BTW, Where do i get one of them little weight countdown thingies that people have in their signature?