Old 04-06-2008, 06:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/188/145 Started 1/3/08

Height: 5'4

Default LC Chat: Lolitas Lovin' Life - April 7-April 13

A new week is on the way....let's enjoy the dance!

I promise not to post too early on the new thread...like I did last week
stayincalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 08:57 PM   #2  
Fay

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/140

Height: 5/3

I, however, am posting RIGHT NOW, because it's Monday morning in Bangkok, and my weekly Weigh In says I'm down to 212lb - my goal for April! Yay!

But the rest of you good people should wait until it's Monday in your time zones. 'kay?

broadabroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 09:32 PM   #3  

Nope! I'm cheatin!!!!! It is only 6:31 p.m. here Sunday evening. Oooohhh I feel so naughty.

SC
Old 04-06-2008, 09:32 PM   #4  

P.S. Fab news on the lower tickerage. Go You!
Old 04-07-2008, 02:42 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 124kg(272)/94kg(209)/70kg(154

Height: 5'5"

SC- you are a rebel!
Fay-congrats on your scale movement! How exciting.
It's Monday here (Australia) too......wish I had some Thai food though. yum. my favorite.
Today was my weigh day and the scale bumped up but I was sorta expecting it. It seems to be my pattern and I hadn't had a bump for awhile. After my 2 inch loss on my hips during March, I'm not going to give it much of a worry. I'm sure I'll have a 'removal' next week.
KrisR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 08:29 AM   #6  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Hiya scalmie, fay, kris & All On The Way Lolitas!

My laid off addicted to reality tv butt found a new show last nite on WEtv . . . Anyone see "Bulging Brides?" A trainer hunk (Tommy Europe) & sidekick chick police Brides that can't fit into their wedding dresses? The episode I saw had Tommy getting the Bride & her hungover cohorts up 'n attem the early morning after the stagette party - took them to: A Belly Dancing Class! (Yes, I was thinking of you Fay! - also was thinking that the "Bulging Bride" looked cuter/better at it than her skinny bridesmaids - had those curves a'moving!)

Had a busy fun weekend . . . went to a Trivia Nite (tied for5th place!) & then had more company Sunday . . . Plan went to Hades tho'.

Hitting the road - bbl . . .
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 09:03 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Good morning lolitas.

Congrats on your loss Fay. I was not so fortunate. My scale has not moved. I suppose I can be grateful it is not moving in the other direction. I have decided to give my grain free eating another week before making any other tweeks in my program. I reviewed my fitday data last night and although I have had days here and there that have been high on calories or high on carbs, my averages are right on so it should all come together.

Kris-I also like Thai and other asian cusines. I have an interesting assortment of chili, soy, and fish sauces in my cabinet. I need to find some good low carb alternatives to use them.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 09:09 AM   #8  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petra65 View Post
I have an interesting assortment of chili, soy, and fish sauces in my cabinet. I need to find some good low carb alternatives to use them.
Coconut milk, cauliflower, broccoli, mushroom, napa cabbage, green onions, garlic, water chestnuts (just a few), tofu/seitan or other high protein item, lemongrass, ginger, galangal, lime juice and chili, soy and fish sauce is a perfect combination, as is!
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 09:49 AM   #9  

Whhhhaaaaaaaaaaa. Where did the weekend go? I woke up cranky. Ugh I hate that. Gotta wrestle DD9 out of bed and get her in the shower. Do you think anyone would notice if I just stayed home today? ....hmmmmm. Who am I kidding. They stack up outside my office at 8:01. Oh well. Pull it together SC!
Old 04-07-2008, 10:06 AM   #10  
Finding My Bliss

I don't want to go out into the world today either. It's one of those days!!!
Old 04-07-2008, 12:09 PM   #11  

Well. I compromised. I took DD9 out to breakfast before school, dropped her off, came home and showered and now I am preparing to go into work. It is just now 9:00 a.m. here. I still don't wanna go but I will. SB, it is such a cocoon day isn't it? I wish I had a reason to go to some sites today but I'm not enthused about driving around either. I drove over 800 miles that last week and 1/2 in March so that may have something to do with it.

I made the soup yesterday afternoon and we had it last night. It was yummy. I have some left over for lunch today. I added a little bit of chili powder and some roasted peppers too. Gave it a nice kick.

Have a wonderful day all.

SC
Old 04-07-2008, 12:39 PM   #12  
Finding My Bliss

Yes, it's actually chilly here. I skipped morning class NOT good, but I am okay with my choice. So be it!

I ate a wrap for breakfast because I need to go shopping and that was the easiest thing to eat.

It was good!

La Tortilla Low Carb Tortilla with 3 slices Tofurky, 1/2 an avocado, 1 tsp. Vegenaise and 1 cup spinach leaves, sprinkled with garlic powder WITH 1 mug coffee with erythritol and unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Oh, and 4 pecan halves.

That out to hold me over until I can eat a big bowl of broccoli between meetings today, but I will bring some more pecans just in case.

I am going to Irvine this week for a conference, Petra, are you a WPA member? (That's the Western Psychological Association for the non-psychology folks) I'll be at the conference.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:02 PM   #13  

I always want to stay home on Mondays, but I never really do! I woke up sore this morning from a weekend of yard work. Our yard is (was) a mess! We didn't rake in the fall so we had about 30 million leaves to dispose of. Plus, I decided to reclaim some areas that we haven't been caring for. I think I was uncovering 5 and 6 year old leaves! We cleaned out all four flower beds, and got the one ready to plant. The others have bulbs and Irises all ready. Pulled a ton of weeds out of the walkways and drive way. Why is it that you can put down topsoil and fertilizer on the "lawn" and nothing. Two feet away, grass is growing like crazy in the walkway and drive way! I had a bunch of house work to do too, so it was a busy weekend.

Next weekend, we're going to the horse races! So no yard or house work. We have several parties coming up so it's gotta get done one way or another. DD23's graduation party will probably be outdoors. DD15's Sweet Sixteen party will demolish the basement exactly one week before our annual Kentucky Derby party. The parties may kill me!

It'll be a difficult eating month too, but what else is new? I'm hoping for a litle loss this week since I'll probably gain over the weekend.

I can't wait to listen to the Podcast! I'll have to get on my laptop at home later.

Congratulations to all you losers and I sure hope I can be a loser too!
lynnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:14 PM   #14  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone, I was away for a while because I've been very sick with my Congestive Heart Failure. When I returned, I didn't know where to find you ladies. I'm feeling better now. My weight is returning to normal since getting on diuretics again. I do believe I'm gonna live, LOL, which isn't what I thought the last few weeks.

We're still working hard on our remodeling. The living room floors and all, kitchen, laundry room and 1 bathroom are now completely done. I have the hallway now stripped of carpet and junk and it is ready for the new flooring when DH gets home from work tomorrow. (he's starting to gripe about having to work so hard at home on his weeks off).

My son is now at Ft. McCoy Army base in Wisconsin. He'll be there for the next 2 months before leaving to Iraq.

My DD will be 16 next month, if she lives that long. She's being a PITA lately. Teenagers! Truthfully she has a lot of health problems going on and is getting very hostile/b@tchy with everyone.

Hope everyone has a great day , here's hoping I can stop in and chat more often.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 03:26 PM   #15  

Lily: I'm so glad to hear from you! I'm so sorry to hear about the health problems for both yourself and your daughter. What a yucky way to kick off the Spring.

Lynnie: I also did rear yard duty yesterday. It involved not only mountains of leaves and pine needles but also, uuuuhhhhmmmmm doggie dingles. At least they were dried up and easy to remove but still. Yuck.

SB: I've been at work for hours and still want to escape home and cocoon. So frustrating. I hope you enjoy your conference this week. I lived in Irvine for years then I moved to old town Orange (which was my favorite place to live EVER) and finally up to No. CA. Lord I miss that house in old O. It was a bungalow that was completely renovated but had retained its charm. Sat on a 1/4 acre. We had those lovely feral parrots all over the yard, could walk downtown for coffee and antiques, had terric neighbors, could hear the train whistles...it was just the best. THAT IS WHERE