Old 03-01-2008, 10:47 AM   #1  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Question Finding My Place Here On 3FC

Lately...I've been questioning my place here on this forum. I've reached my goal doing Atkins and I've continued to live the Atkins lifestyle for nearly 4 years now. I just wonder if its time for me to move on to the Maintenance section of this board
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 10:54 AM   #2  
pound by pound,day by day

S/C/G: 288/283/150

Height: 5'6

Well, I like to look at your posts here because you help the rest of us out so much. I know that you were in my shoes 4 years ago and you are living proof that it IS possible. You know the program like the back of your hand and you are just motivating and helpful. I don't see why you shouldn't move on to the maintanace forum but I hope you also come back to ours and continue to help, answer question, and motivate!
happyteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 11:03 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

I agree. You are clearly an Atkins guru and since that is what most of the people here are doing, I think you have a lot to offer. You would likely also gain a lot personally from the maintenance forum. No reason you can't keep your foot in both.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 11:14 AM   #4  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I know I'm not a low carb-er, but just my perspective..

You would be valuable in both forums, and you definitely don't have to limit yourself to one or the other. In this forum, I see you provide SO MUCH advice to newbies from someone who has been there, which is so wonderful...it is great that you take the time to do that.

You also have over 4 years of maintenance experience, so you'd have a lot to contribute there as well - and it may be that you get support for any pitfalls you might face there.

I have never picked one spot or another to post...I post wherever I fit or see something I want to comment on. So why not both?
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 12:03 PM   #5  
Vegan from Planet Vega

Height: 5' 10"

I agree with mandalinn. I may not be anywhere near a maintainer, but I post on places that I seem fit. It's always best to share what you know throughout .

I know you'll find your place.
THE Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 12:26 PM   #6  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Sorry JG, but you are not allowed to leave the LC Forum.

ever

That is all.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 12:50 PM   #7  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Another vote for having your insight and experience in both places (and any other forums you'd like to visit as well) , JERSEYGRYL . . .
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 12:43 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 203/157/125

Height: 5'4"

I'm with aud, you cannot leave!

Okay, all selfishness aside.

You need just as much support as a person that has reached goal and is maintaining as someone that is just starting. But please come back and help us sometimes.
sylvia78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 02:51 AM   #9  
carvinmom

S/C/G: 359/254/150

Height: 5'5''

JG, id sure miss you here!! im a atkins low carber and always look for your
expertesssssss.. IF you do deside to venture please come back often...
carvinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 05:00 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I agree with Amanda. Anywhere, everywhere ... you certainly are valuable all around.

We played a little game in featherweights and I was very surprised to see how few people even lurk in the maintainers forums. Isn't that funny? I thought folks would want to see what successful losers do same as we watch the goal sections. Maybe if you went there, some posters would follow you and see that maintainers are ordinary folks like everyone else. Happy healthy ...
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 10:25 AM   #11  

Jerseygyrl, Just out of curiosity, how long did it take you to reach your goal weight. I have been averaging 1 pound a day, I started Jan. 28 had a few slip up days but am at 18 pounds. I know you have said that you pretty much always limited your carbs to 20-25 a day. I know everyone's different but I'm just going back and forth on whether or not I should add more carbs in my diet. So far i'm happy and energetic where i'm at now.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:10 AM   #12  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

Hi Happyteacher!

18 lbs is great!!! Good for you!!

It took me a little over a year to lose the weight. I mainly kept my carbs at 20-25 a day. I concentrated mainly on veggies & salad, chicken, fish & occasional beef. Now I'm at about 35 carbs a day, still mainly veggies & salad, yogurt, occasional fruit & nuts.

I'm an Atkins purist in the fact that I stay away from processed foods like low carb breads, pasta, sugar-free, maltitol laden candy, ice cream, no diet soda's etc. I follow Dr. Atkins rules. I limit Splenda (Dr Atkins says you can have up to 3 packets per day)...most days I don't have it at all...other days, I may have a cup of herbal decaf tea in the evening with 1 packet of Splenda. I also drink a lot of water...usually a gallon a day.

When I think about what I used to eat & what I eat now....its like day & nite!!

Sounds like you're doing great! Keep up the great work! You CAN do this!!!

All the best to you!
Old 03-02-2008, 11:56 AM   #13  

Thank you! This forum is great motivation for me. Last night my family went out to eat pizza and for the first time in a month I was tempted. Thank goodness I had spent a few hours here yesterday and it kept me motivated so I ended up having a side salad and some baked chicken wings minus the sauce. I woke up this morning another pound lighter. It was definitey an accomplishment. I love my veggies that's why I had decided I could make this my new WOL. Well, thank you for your help!
Old 03-02-2008, 01:57 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Jersey Girl, that is impressive and an inspiration to all of us.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:20 AM   #15  
Larry's Angel

Thank you all for your words of encouragement. Its nice to know that my opinions & 2 cents are so appreciated.

I learned early on that I am a rare breed in the fact that I am an Atkins puritst. I don't deviate. I'm of the addage...if you aren't going to do something the way it was designed to be done, why bother doing it to begin with

In the years I've been here and on other low carb boards...I've seen many come & go. I enjoy helping people and giving advice based on my own experience. No, I am not an Atkins phd...nor am I an expert..I'm just an ordinary person who's been succesful following this way of eating the way it was written & intended to be done

Thank you again for all your kind words....I guess I'll stick around