Old 02-09-2008, 07:21 PM   #31  
banned

S/C/G: 185/165/150

Height: 5'9 - 40 and fabulous!

Okay Leenie...you've sold me!!! That sounds just tooo good. Ya know...I've never tried egg beaters, but I've heard of them. What are they? Are egg beaters to eggs what splenda is to sugar? I do love eggs...just don't know what happened. At about age 30 I would just get totally naucious around them. Weird though...cuz I can eat deviled eggs and foods made with egg, even boiled eggs, but not fried. Fried eggs and I'm running to the bathroom!

But...I've gotta try those morning egg poppers...they sound great and it'll be good to have something other than the 1/2 atkins bar. To be honest...it's starting to get old.

Thanks so much...I really appreciate the recipe & advice. Joyce
bambifox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 07:53 PM   #32  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

I thought you said eggs make you vomit. I'd stay away from egg beaters if eggs make you vomit. They are mostly egg.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambifox View Post
I've never tried egg beaters, but I've heard of them. What are they? Are egg beaters to eggs what splenda is to sugar?
Egg beaters INGREDIENTS:
Egg whites (99%), less than 1%: Natural flavor, color (includes beta carotene), spices, salt, onion powder, vegetable gums (xanthan gum, guar gum).
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 09:22 PM   #33  
banned

Thanks Soulbliss...and yes, I did say that eggs make me vomit. But let me be more specific. This is weird and I don't know why, but it started when I was about 30, I was pregnant with my 2nd child. I used to have bacon, egg, cheese sandwiches every morning. Then suddenly, I started vomiting. I thought it was morning sickness, but after I delivered her....same thing. As a matter of fact, one bite of a fried egg and "blaaaa".

I've been scared to eat a fried egg. I can sometimes tolerate egg foo young, and when I say tolerate I simply mean hold it down! That still makes me nauscious but at least no upchucking! I would like to find out if there's someone else out there like me? I'm gonna start a new thread on this issue.

I'm also going to try to see if I can tolerate the egg muffins...hope they can stay down....this is soooo crazy..I'm getting scared just thinking about eating them...I guess that episode I had when I was pregnant (which went on for quite a while before I realized it was the eggs), really freaked me out mentally...just the thought of eggs cringes my face...even though I like the taste. Crazy..huh???? Sorry for the long ramble...and thanks for listening. Joyce
Old 02-09-2008, 09:28 PM   #34  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambifox View Post
I guess that episode I had when I was pregnant (which went on for quite a while before I realized it was the eggs), really freaked me out mentally...just the thought of eggs cringes my face...even though I like the taste. Crazy..huh????
No, not crazy at all! Food associations, especially those made during such hormonally-charged times can be powerful!
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 09:36 PM   #35  
banned

Thanks. It's just that I have mentally decided that 2008 is my year. My year to conquer everything..(health, fears, challenges, well-being, etc.). And to be honest...I've always limited myself to "safe" things. In the past, if something worked...I would just "repeat" the same thing over and over and never venture out to explore new things.

This time is going to be different. That is why I'm going to put this sh*t to rest. I am going to find out what is wrong with me and eggs! Maybe it was the hormones, maybe the yolks (I know alot of people just can't tolerate yolks), maybe just the combination of all that bacon grease mixed with the egg...I don't know...and I got sooo freaked out that I just "ran away" from the egg entirely. Well, not anymore...I'm going to make this damn egg muffin tomorrow morn. I'll letcha know! Whew! Boy that felt good to get off my chest! Again...sorry for the long ramble and thanks for not making me feel like a freak! hugs and smiles....Joyce
Old 02-10-2008, 06:14 AM   #36  

That is a good thought, maybe you should try egg whites, I bet that would be good in the muffins...
Tara
bgbrwnys101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 09:34 AM   #37  
Fay

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/140

Height: 5/3

Jings, those egg muffins sound good! If only I had an oven! But I think we might have a mini-oven thing at school...sometimes Early Years bake, so there MUST be something lying around. Hmm. May just have to investigate that!

As to "conventional breakfasts" - you know, breakfast cereals are a pretty RECENT convention. For centuries in the West, breakfasts were pretty much the same as any other meal - and, really, when you think about it, it's pretty darned bonkers that our sense of what's appropriate to a cooked breakfast is so limited. Why pig products, and not cow, chicken or fish? What is it about bacon that's supposed to be morning-appropriate? Whacky.

In Thailand, breakfast food is just the same as lunch or dinner food. In Egypt it tended to be beans and felafel. So I say: eat what you want! Breakfast is an artificial construct!

Heh. That said, more often than not I do have eggs-and-something.

Yesterday I had a BCLT scramble: fried bacon with scrambled eggs and slivers of paprika-flavoured Gouda cheese served on a bed of lettuce and cherry tomatoes. It was DELICIOUS!
broadabroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 03:32 PM   #38  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Try putting more veggies and meat in there than egg....experiment and see what happens (don't forget the cheese mmmmmmmmmm).
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 10:05 AM   #39  
Jamie

S/C/G: 170/108/100

Height: 5'0

Me, I doubt it's really that exciting, but I have half a grapefruit and a tsp of the new reduced salt and sugar Peanut Butter, it actually has a gram less of Carbs then regular Jif.
Jamie Ashton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 10:12 PM   #40  

Default Just getting the hang of it...

Hello all...I have been reading all of your posts regarding the low card diet and have learned a lot. I am new to this so please be patient with me. I just figured out how to send a message!! (I think!!) I have been at this since January 2, 2008 and have lost about 17lbs. so far and have several more to go. I am trying the low carb thing and have recently hit a plato and lost nothing for about a week and a half. But I also had three bad days within that time frame. So thanks for the information. I hope to become a pro at this eventually.
mustlosein08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 10:16 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 233/190/150

Height: 5'1

Hello mustloosein08 and Welcome!! You get a hang at posting and changing things around.

Don't let your plateu stop you or discourage you. You are not the only one all of us get to a point where our body needs to catch up. Just make sure you are not eating too many carbs, too much sugar and that your portions are moderate and you are excercising. Also, a big suggestion around here is to do measurements as in some instance you loose inches and then lbs.

17 lbs is awesome so just keep doing what you are doing and you will see those numbers on the scale go down.
WeightSmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 09:12 AM   #42  
banned

Wow! 17lbs!!! That great!! I wouldn't beat yourself up. It's normal to stall a little after such a rapid weight loss. Your body is still burning fat...just trying to hang on to the water. Hang in there and the scale with catch up!!! Great Job! Joyce

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustlosein08 View Post
Hello all...I have been reading all of your posts regarding the low card diet and have learned a lot. I am new to this so please be patient with me. I just figured out how to send a message!! (I think!!) I have been at this since January 2, 2008 and have lost about 17lbs. so far and have several more to go. I am trying the low carb thing and have recently hit a plato and lost nothing for about a week and a half. But I also had three bad days within that time frame. So thanks for the information. I hope to become a pro at this eventually.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:21 AM   #43  

Hey everybody, I am struggling at work and working out hard, but eating a bit more carbs than I should. I think I REALLY need my vacation next week!!!!!
I tried the egg muffins, I didnt like the texture of them, I prefer the pan way. But it was a good idea
Any ideas what to do with heavy whipping creme???
Tara
bgbrwnys101 is offline   Reply With Quote