Old 02-03-2008, 11:52 PM   #106  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone, we seen Shane off early this morning to his assignment/deployment. It was sad, but we all did OK.

Got home about 9AM and took a short nap. Once I woke up, I didn't stop til now. I painted Shelbey's room for her while she worked from 12noon-6PM. I didn't make it to the gym, but I did 6 hrs. of painting with getting up and down off a chair a gazillion times. Also cleaned my living room, my kitchen twice, my hall bathroom, and my computer room all while doing 8 friggin loads of laundry. I'm totally exhausted now. I just felt a need to keep myself busy all day! DH wasn't much dang help. He slept, he walked the dogs, he watched the Superbowl.

I hurt myself pretty good while painting the upper trim. When I went to step down off the chair, I accidentally straddled the back of it. If anyone had saw me they would have died laughing. But, my butt hurts so bad, I think I now know what a new prison inmate must feel like! (if you get my drift).
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 05:37 AM   #107  
Fay

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/140

Height: 5/3

Okay, lily, thanks to that last remark I came within a hair's breadth of spitting water all over my keyboard! I've heard of painting being a pain in the ***, but I never thought they meant it literaly!

Oh, I am a good good girl! I've just been to the gym, and I'm feeling all glowing and virtuous (...and, er, in need of a shower, pronto), and the scales still read 238 when I hopped on them before going to the gym - which is OMGAWESOME!!! And now I need to rustle up some dinner fast fast fast, then it's off to audition for a play. (My kitty, however, seems convinced that some quality petowner time should be spent paying attention to him. Poor wee scone.)

SC, holy cow, your aunt (it was your aunt, right) sounds FANTASTIC. That is the kind of old lady I want to be when I grow up - **** yes. Go Team Her.

Meanwhile, I hope you all had yourselves an enjoyable Superbowl, and that you're happy with your teams.
broadabroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 08:48 AM   #108  
banned

S/C/G: 185/165/150

Height: 5'9 - 40 and fabulous!

Well, first off, I'd like to say.....GO GIANTS!!! WHEW!!! Okay..okay..now that I got that out of my system.

BAB - Congrats on your weight loss - you go girl!

stayincalm - I'm glad you like Linda' website...I just tried the swiss chicken rolls and it kinda tasted like chicken marsala...delishous! My cooking last night was a hit!

Lily - Ouch!!! I hope you didn't get hurt too bad...try soaking in some epsom salts and maybe take the day off if you need to...

GOOD MORNING ALL!!!

How did everyone do with your WOE over the superbowl weekend???

I did okay...my only cheat was a sh*tload of diet pepsi cherry and an orange and a couple of cherries. But I did workout Sunday....so I think I'm good. That felt incredibly good because I helped my 8yr old daughter bake a chocolate cake and everybody ate it except me. Wish they had ate it all, cuz that has always been my weakness, but this is my therapy (starring a chocolate cake in the eye). I did want a piece, but I had 2 pieces of sugar free peppermint patty instead.

This is why I need my "sugar free chocolates"...it keeps me away from the truly bad stuff! My daughter was shoving cake in my face...that little #*%%*#...she's a piece of work! Joyce
bambifox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 10:06 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 230/188/145 Started 1/3/08

Height: 5'4

Lily; Yow! Ouch! At least you have long legs. That little adventure would have put me in the hospital and left me with a LOT of explaining to do. I'm the same way you are. When I'm agitated I try to go, go, go, go, go. Not one to quietly reflect am I.

Fay: Yes it is my aunt (and best friend). Came here from London in 1964 with my granny and still has an accent as if she just stepped off the boat. My mother, who has been here only a few years longer, has no trace of an accent. She is a ball of crack you up fire. Never seen her energy this low but that is to be expected. The only thing that was not a shock was the hair loss. She is a lesbian and her hair has always been buzzed anyway. I mean BUZZED. One cute thing did happen after she finished her chemo though. She went to a poker party at a friends house and the friend's 4 year old daughter said, "Oh dear...you REALLY, REALLY, REALLY got a haircut this time".

Well, it is Monday and off to the trenches. Have a great one all!

SC
stayincalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 10:48 AM   #110  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

I sure the new week for the chat is be constructed on and will appear on the board shortly. In the mean while,I use this chat instead.

Leo was very happy last night when the Giants beat the Pats. I was watching the whole game with him and I couldn't believe that the Giants got the last touchdown,only 20 seconds left of the game. DD called and say to Leo"not talking to that WOMAN, hope shes is eating crow"

Is crow on the Atkins/low carb allowed protein list. Not worried as My kids are teasers,my DD is really a Denver Fan and my DS is really a Philadelphia Fan. The only true blue fan is my darling Leo,hes been a Giant Fan for over 50 years.

Didn't eat any munchies are snack while watching the game so I hoping that i will have a good W-I this Wednesday.

LYNN-You had a very productive day,and congrats for taking control of what your were eating. Didn't know that your 2 DD's were dancers. I must check out the 3fc and see all the amazing stuff we have here about low carbing other than this thread.Super Bowl Parties are hard to come by,but according to what you ate there I don't think you did too bad. Excess cheese and a rum & coke I don't think will effect your weight. If you did that over and over again maybe,but not for one day. I was lucky as I didn't buy and extras for munching while wanting the game. The only food that I have is for my worked in food journal.

BAMBI-I'm a Patriots Fan and I get hit by my family for being one.Read about commands. Don't take any notice as it just a game. I'm not really a football fan but I most say that yesterdays game was the most exciting SB game I've seen in ages. The way the giants played was excellent,picking on Brady and won't let him throw the ball that far. You did great serving Low Carb foods. I didn't have a party going on so ,I just ate what I had planned from my food journal.

BaM-Big Congrats on your 4 lb weight loss. I wouldn't get on the scale again just one W-I and thats it ,is what I do. Getting on the scale several times a day is only going to lead to disaster in your mind and physic.I'm hoping for a good loss this Wed.

SC-Oh thats one thing I have to keep active,that the only way to survive. Not the type of person to sits around and watches TV. So sorry to hear about you aunt. I'm praying that my DH doesn't have that cancer return to him.He going to call our doctor for further -x-rays to make sure its scar tissue that the cat scan showed.

LILY-I know how you feel,I went thought that with my son,as I posted to you. Keep busy and try to get your mind off of it will help.Sending prayers your way,to keep your son in the Lords safe hands.You didn't need that gym with all the work you did yesterday.You must be black & blue from that fall. Try to take it easy,give your body time to heal, as you don't want to over due the pain.

Have a great morning

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote