Old 02-02-2008, 06:42 PM   #91  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Sooo immature & rude for the XGF to make your Shane's party all about her, lily! DramaQueen is definitely NOT the one for your boy . . . how did he handle her shenanigans? Hope he wasn't upset on what was supposed to be HIS night! Shane will be here in MY state . . . Fort Leonardwood isn't too far for me to babysit - would consider it an honor to be called on for duty!

Hope you're staying dry beachie! We had sunshine on the snow here today . . . not that I got out in it . . . . HAVE rested but now the DD & perpetual sleepover girl (she's been here 2 nites and counting) are bugging me to take them to the Y and/or a movie . . . I've almost done enuf housework to make pathways now to the kitchen & bathroom - PROGRESS?

Gosh its great to be HOME!

At some point I've got to get to cooking & planning for Super Bowl tomorrow - Tx so much for the linx JerseyGyrl! Reminded me that I've always wanted to try Linda's Jalapeno Popper Recipe . . . also have some wings in that I want to search around for a LC recipe for.

Congrats on your loss ccakes! LOVE when a tweak-session works!

I'm going to re-measure my measurements on either VDay or St. Paddy's I think . . . like I've said, the tape measure gets me thru the scale stalls, ya know?

Hope you check in again soon BOUNCIE! So great to have you back!

The last trip I took to a hotel - I actually LOST weight lynn!! So hard for me to remember being THAT foccussed & committed. What I did: Took along a LOT of low carb bread and then ate lots & lots of proteins with my stash of bread & salads. I also took advantage of the little exercise room at the hotels.

My dh had the same reaction to shrimp about 20-25 yrs ago (he was fishing in Alabama & ate a BOATLOAD!) Never had reacted b4, and therefore almost DIED on the quantity! He can eat fish - just nothing shell related. We never get to Red Lobster etc either - in fear that some shellfish may have even touched what he orders.

Just LOVE your tattoo & also reading your Posts fay! That goes for you too scalm! ('cept the tattoo part - LOL!)

Big Girl just called & she's on her way to force me out of my housecoat & to help me clear a path OUT of this HOUSE - LOL!

Have a GREAT Saturday nite ALL . . . ttyal!

ETA: "Make Me A SuperModel" just ain't grabbing me like "Real Housewives" & "Project Runway" Sort of boring & weird . . . Not as bad as "Millionaire Matchmaker - I can't even make it thru ONE eppie of that snoozefest!

thoughts?

Last edited by aud; 02-02-2008 at 06:49 PM.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 07:56 PM   #92  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for the birthday wishes Aud! I'm not doing anything special today but some friends are comming into town tomorrow, they have two little girls, they are giong to stay for two days so that will be fun.

Don't think you're a b*#ch at all Lily, I'll be thinking of you and praying your son returns safely very soon.

The tatoo is fab Fay! I think it's great thet you went ahead and got it rather than wait. Being overwieght shouldn't stop us from doing the things we want to do. I've been waiting for too long for too many things.

Hiya beachie, I hope your staying warm and staying out of that wind. I think I better go join in that exersize thread this month.

Congrats Crabbycakes and SC and all the losers this week you're doing great. SC, what kind of BBQ sauce are you using? is it good? I love BBQ.

Well I'm treating myself to a cup of coffee end a piece of Dark chocolate for my BDay then gotto go clean the house befor I get company.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 08:42 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 230/188/145 Started 1/3/08

Height: 5'4

Evening All! It is getting REALLY windy here along with the rain. Lordy. That means work will be a zoo on Monday. I feel sorry for the oncall staff this weekend. (Glad it is not me. I'm all wrapped up in my blankie in my living room with the laptop and candles lit. Gazing out the bay window. It is divine. Getting wireless was the best thing we've done in a long time. I never used to get on the computer at home because the house comp. is in a back room we call the office. Feels too much like THE office to me).

DH and DD have gone to watch a friend's soccer game (an indoor arena of course).

BBQ sauce I am using is Waldens. Pretty yummy. The ribs are done as are the mashed rutabagas and salad but I lost count of water and have swallowed so much I'm full right now. I just sat down and figured it out and I have had about 12, 16 ounce glasses today. No wonder I'm full!!!! I'll be up all night peeing.

Well, I should get going. I'm supposed to do little training seminar on Tuesday about things which I know nothing about. Time for some studying.

SWWWWWeeeeeetttttt Dreams

ox
SC
stayincalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 09:04 PM   #94  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Thanks ladies for the support. Shane has gone now to a going-away dinner that his work is having for him and 3 of his workbuddies that all leave tomorrow morning. I'm proud of myself. When he left this evening, I was stressed but instead of reaching for a ton of food, I went to the gym and put in a good workout. Then I went and bought my healthy food for the week. Came home and cooked myself a healthy dinner (plus cooked chicken spaghetti for the rest of the family) and wasn't even tempted to eat their food.

Happy Birthday Puncie, hopes it a great one!

Aud, LOL at the babysitting offer. Oh, Shane actually just ignored the XGF. I'm the one that found her laying in the damn floor by the club bathrooms bawling her eyes out last night. I do feel sorry for her, but she needs to let it go. He isn't ready for a package deal family! Last night she continued to call his cell phone til 3AM when he finally turned the phone off.

Aud, my reaction was the same to seafood. The last few times I ate it before the severe reaction, it made me sick at my stomach. The time I about died , I had eaten a large amount of it. I can also eat regular fish, just not any type of shellfish.

WElcome to the newcomers to LC chat. I can't remember the names from the previous page.

I'm gonna go now and start up my exercise log with you other fine ladies.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 10:45 PM   #95  
Fay

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/140

Height: 5/3

God, Lily, what a self-centred, immature, clueless little baggage! I'm thoroughly glad you smacked her with a cluestick.

Stayincalm, your cooking sounds yummy! I do suffer a slight pang of envy at the availability of low-carb/sugar free sauces, I confess, and this chocolate-raspberry bar thing does sound terribly tempting. But I reckon that I could whip up a chocolate/raspberry icecream or cheesecake or mock-Blizzard without too many carbs - unsweetened cocoa isn't shamefully bad, is it? I may go poke fitday.com to see how such a recipe would work out, carbwise. Not that I'm craving such a thing right now, but it's nice to have it as an option.

(...mind you, I suspect that if I made such a thing, I WOULD eat it. So maybe I'll not go making and freezing - I'll just keep it in mind as an option, in case of emergency, type of thing. Hmm.)

I tried on several pieces of clothing this morning that were unwearably tight before I started low carbing. And I could totally wear them out now. This is SO FREAKING COOL!!!

I haven't told my parents I'm low carbing - I didn't mention it while they were here. I want to wait until I see them at Christmas, and blow them away.

I'm also making all kinds of plans for things I can do en route to/when I reach goal. One of the things I want to do - not this summer, but maybe next summer - is climb Mount Siniai. I never went there while I lived in Egypt, but it would be SO damn cool to return and to go climb it, and feel the pride and exhileration of being up there and knowing what I'd achieved.

...actually, I think I might start a wee thread to this effect, if there isn't one already...
broadabroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 03:56 AM   #96  
ShellieTerese

S/C/G: 274/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Hi gals, just checking in, 41 minutes into Sunday morning...excuse the yawns y'all can't see.

Lily, I'd have gone all Mom on XGF and lectured her on the self centered self-pity snivelfest. Sounds like you were more gracious than I'd have been.

We were supposed to get snow yesterday and last night/this morning. But it's almost 1 a.m. and it's still 43 degrees, so I guess not. The back side of the storm will be colder, so maybe a few flakes mid-day.

Well, I'm still failing induction. Friday I had some raisins, and yesterday I had some cashews and some beef jerky. The jerky was only a couple of grams of carb, but way salty. Today, try again. Last night I made a crustless quiche, so today I'll have a slice for brekky, and prob'ly lunch too. I'm going to a potluck tonight, so I bought a smoked ham shank and some split peas, and I'll make some nice, thick winter soup. The shank is really meaty, and I'm sure I have an onion and a couple of bay leaves around here somewhere. I was originally supposed to make oatmeal/raisin/walnut cookies, but I begged off. Not sure I wouldn't eat a dozen or so while they were still warm. I love split pea soup, but I won't be so tempted to eat any of it. I'm not worried, like I would be with cookies. For some reason my nemesis seems to be nuts and fruit the last few days. I was in ketosis today, though, so I guess the screwups have been less than catastrophic. My goal is to sneak back on plan, without my body noticing. The oopses are getting smaller and less carby-y, so maybe today will be the day...

Sure is nice to see all the new gals -- welcome!

G'night.
Bouncing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:07 AM   #97  
banned

S/C/G: 185/165/150

Height: 5'9 - 40 and fabulous!

Hello All! I planning a SB Party with only recipes made from "Linda's Low Carb Recipes"...my guests will just have to love it! The recipes are not hard to digest...they are really great. I'm making swiss chicken rolls, crabcakes, chicken soup, hot wings, brocolli o'gratin....yum..yum..yummy! I'm actually stoked!

Bouncin - Don't be too hard on yourself...you've probably not done too much damage...at least you stayed away from the cookies..I congratulate you for that...now that may have really stalled you! So, okay..you ate nuts...if that's the worst...then I wouldn't worry too much...sounds like your doing great! Keep up the good work. Joyce

Remember the crap we used to eat...and congratulate ourselves for the changes...if not as dramatic as others...it's still a running start. Don't forget your workouts ladies...so perhaps a little cheat won't matter as much...Go GIANTS!!!!
bambifox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:14 AM   #98  
Fay

Well, dear ladies, I'm off to bed - don't know where the weekend went! I wish you all fun with your Superbowl celebrations, whatever they may be.

(um...I have to ask. Is this American football, baseball, basketball or what?)
Old 02-03-2008, 11:26 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 233/190/150

Height: 5'1

It is football!!! Go Patriots!!!!

Well, had a great workout this morning, and planning to stay on plan all day, even at the SB get together. This will be my real test to see if I have learned my lesson and able to stay away from those carbs.

Hope everybody has a good day!!!
WeightSmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 12:58 PM   #100  
banned

Even though your a "Patriots" fan...I'm still routing for ya! lol! I haven't done my workout yet for today...but I've gotta do it. I'm gonna do 20 min eliptical when I put the food on. I'm learning that if I don't get my workout in during the day...the probability of getting it in the eve is really not good. Enjoy your day ladies! Joyce
Old 02-03-2008, 03:00 PM   #101  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Just got home from my Sunday Brunch with my friends.Stayed OP having eggbeaters with bacon and decaf coffee w) H&H.

Tonight even though we'll be watching the Super Bowl,no parties for us. We are going to have a ordinary day with no chips or dips and no submarine sandwiches. We are going to have a nice pork lion roast with all the nine yards.Except for the potatoes or starches.Serving lots of veggies.

WELCOME TO ALL THE NEW LOW CARBERS THAT JOINED US ON THIS BOARD.

the best me-I tried low carbing,as my told me that he thinks I'm carb sensitive.Now I'm climbing up the ladder to more carbs 100-grams and I not gaining,so maybe I not that sensitive like the doctor told me originally .Big congrats on your 10 lb loss. You'll fit into that bathing suit in no time.

AUD-Oh Dear!! That must have been scary I hate driving in the ice and snow and being retired I don't have to. Sleep overs hey!! I remember those days,its now my DD turn. Have fun cooking your wings and stuff.

PUNCE-HAPPYBIRTHDAY, my sister is today also.Not going out in the snow or ice,put with all that ran we had yesterday the snow is almost gone. Temps are high today in the 40's and if theirs an participation it will be rain.

LILY-Happy that your were stress when he left. You did great I'm so proud of you going to the gym.You see thats why your my inspiration on this board.Sending [[[good vibes]]] to you for this to continue.

BaB-They'll see a big different in you,after been on low carb for a year.It does work,but it didn't for my as I'm not a Atkins or low carb purist.

BOUNCY-I didn't think you did that bad,on Induction.The only thing i would have had was the raisins .The beef jerky is loaded with sodium. You must be careful as I retain water & swell up after having the jerky.You see today is a different story you being prepared with the smoked shank & soup. you'll pull though the Induction.

JOYCE-You have a good plan,Its Linda's site great I have taken a numeral amount of recipes from that site,and my friends and family don't even know its low carb.

WEIGHTSMASHER-Hope we all learned a lesson and make the right kind of foods,to stay healthy and loswe weight at the same time.

GO,PATRIOTS!!

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 02-03-2008 at 03:02 PM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 03:07 PM   #102  

Hello from the hotel lobby! I know it's crazy, but I kind of enjoy spending an entire day waiting for the DD's. The dance competition was yesterday and today is the convention - basically all day classes. I think they let the mothers watch for some kind of fee, but why someone would want to watch all day is beyond me. I got up, drank some coffee, ate my pre-grilled steak strips for breakfast, went to the work out room and then the hot tub. Watched a little T.V. and then got lunch for all three of us (a pretty good chicken Ceasar salad!). I had to check out of the room at 1, but I found myself a spot on the second floor with a couch, a table and a couple of plugs. I've got the portable DVD player going next to the lap top. The dance teacher (who is a good friend) keeps offering to take my two dancers home this afternoon so I can get back to DH's superbowl party, but who needs the superbowl when you have an afternoon with nothing that needs doing! I want to get my pictures from yesterday onto the laptop and use the new photo program to try and fix them. And I want to get on the 3fc website and see what neat stuff I've never had the time to investigate and I want to see the video's on the Living Low Carb site that I can't really remember the name of. So much fun to have, so little time! I could get one of the DD's to drive home so I could continue playing, but I guess my wireless connections isn't going to work on the Interstate. My only question is, What did I do without all this fun electronic stuff? Oh yeah, books. I have one of those too. Have been enjoying that in between.
I haven't been completely OP all weekend. I knew that it would be challenging. I should not have bought the yougart covered pretzels for the DD's. I love those. I think I ate about three of them And, once again, I've had more cheese than I should. Those little prewrapped slices are just too easy. Last night I had a rum and diet coke. The first cocktail I've had in a month. So that's my confession. The truth is, I may have another cocktail at the Superbowl party, but tomorrow, back to Induction! Again!
I worked out yesterday with DD22, so at least I don't have to feel bad about that! Tomorrow morning I'll go to the step class first thing.
Happy Birthday to Puncezilla and Lilly, good for you on working out instead of stress eating!
Well, I'm off to the wonderful world of Internet for Fun! See you all later! Lynn
lynnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 03:12 PM   #103  
banned

Hello again ladies!!! Well, I did my 20 min. eliptical...struggled through it...but made it all the same and I stretched for about 5 min...whew! I'm getting old! Can't wait to get back into shape...I'm still on level 1 for goodness sake! Anyway, just checkin in before I prepare this buffet of fabulous low-carb foods! I think this Atkins thing is turning me into a little "chef boy r dee". ANY GIANTS FANS OUT THERE??? Hello, I need help..it seems everybody here is routing for the Patriots! I'm a native New Yorker...(yeah...City Girl), and I've been waiting along time for my Giants to get here...anyone...anyone...help!!!!
Old 02-03-2008, 07:15 PM   #104  
Fay

Football. Thought it might be.

Good morning from Thailand! Have just done my official Weigh-in! And it read 228 - ie a drop of 4lb! But when I got on it later, dressed, it said closer to 230, so I'm going with 229 to be on the safe side. Still - HUF*CKINGRAH!
Old 02-03-2008, 07:51 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 230/188/145 Started 1/3/08

Height: 5'4

4:29 Here in No. Calif. ! Hello all. Our weekend is almost over. Alas...not a football fan. Got a pot roast in the crock pot and just fried up some free range chicken drums that I purchased at Whole Foods for DH. (Never again...I purchased them in a moment of weakness during last weeks foray into the land of expensive food).

Fay: GOOD FOR YOU. I love the idea of surprising your family. Maybe you need to wear your made just for you corset, your red FMP's and some cling to your curves leggings when you get off the plane. I can't believe you are able to do this in Thailand when the rest of us are whining about finding things to eat here in the US (its at our fingertips for Gods sake).

Punc: I'm late with the merry merry and all but HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

BB: You are the busiest retired lady I know of. Except for my Aunt who just turned 70 and decided a couple of years ago to become an professional poker player. This summer was rough though as during check in for the world series of poker she collapsed and was rushed to the hospital and we discovered a massive lung tumor (inoperable). Good news is, we got her into a the Cancer Institute of Nevada and between June and Dec. they eradicated the tumor. For the time being she is cancer free and playing poker. I never dreamed that we would acheive that. She won't go through another round of chemo and radiation though. We get what we get. If the cancer reappears (which it probably will) its a tough road.

Lynn: I know just what you mean. There is something about being in one of the cozy alcoves of a nice hotel that I find slightly decandent. I'm not a home so no one can make demands of me. I love it. I have to go to a big celebrate the building industry thing every year in June and I swear there is nothing I like better than cozying up with my lap top and a vodka in the lobby of the San Francisco Hilton and watching people scurry around. I even get up early to do it!

Bambi: Go you with the special food party and all. You are groovin' (if you are too young to know what that means myself and Lily can explain..tee hee). My daughter just turned nine so I can relate to the eight year old. I see on the other threads that you like chocolate. I have found that the Chocoperfection bars are yummy. For some reason, I have never wanted sweets and can't stand them EXCEPT when I am low carb (of course, counting now, I have only low carbed once before). I bought mine on Netrition and since I don't often crave a sweet, had to hide a couple from the 12 pack because DH is a sweet fanatic.

WS: You motivated me to get on the dang exercise bike this morning. I had no excuse and only had worked out once this week so that was good. I did 45 minutes. I was headed out to go shopping (and sneak a decandent ciggie in the car) but I read your post and instead got on the bike. Then I followed up with hanging up and putting away the 10 loads of laundry that DH has been thowing onto the couch in the office all week. IT TOOK TWO HOURS! Hey, I should not complain. At least they are clean (though wrinkled) and DH does TRY to help.

Lily: Here for you. Checking the board specifically in case you need a boost or distraction. I can't imagine what it is like so I won't try to comfort you that way. P.S. Congrats on not slapping EXGF. She is an idiot.

Joyce: I love Linda's site!

Bounce: You're not failing. You are finding your way...the way that works for you. Don't get all diet **** on yourself. Hang in there. One day at a time is sometimes what works for us.

Marie: You are not here and I MISS YOU!!!

I hope I didn't forget anyone.

p.s. Got a 217 reading this morning but I don't trust it. Dang digital scale. Got 3 219s 2 218.5s and a couple 217s. I'm sticking with the 219.

Love to all
SC
stayincalm is offline   Reply With Quote