3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Carb Counters

Old 02-01-2008, 01:42 PM   #76

S/C/G: 233/190/150

Height: 5'1

Good morning everyone it's friday!!!

So glad to see everyone is doing great. I have been feeling a lot better with my little changes here and there to stop the plateu. I am feeling lighter each day. I don't dare weigh myself unless it is WI day. Hopefully, I will have a good number when I WI next Wednesday. I am not looking forward to Super Bowl, I have been preparing mentally so that I don't eat anything that is not on plan. I plan to work out extra hard that morning and take food that is only OP, I hope we can all make it through and eat OP. It is just not worth it to me anymore, I want to see the numbers on the scale go down.

I wish everyone a great weekend and remember to relax and take some time off for you!!

Last edited by WeightSmasher; 02-01-2008 at 05:32 PM.
WeightSmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 01:43 PM   #77
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy On a Mission76 View Post
Thanks Jersey!
My pleasure

Still Going Strong On Atkins Since April 13, 2004

Before & After Pics: http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2.../Kimatlake.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...1/IMG_0403.jpg

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 02-01-2008 at 01:44 PM.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 01:55 PM   #78

Hello, I've just been to Walmart to stock up for the dance weekend. My junk food has gotten strange lately! I had to buy the chips for the two dancers (DD22 and DD15), but I wanted to have something for myself for breakfast. I've never found a LC fast food breakfast! Especially since I can't eat eggs. I ended up buying a bag of steak strips ready for frajitas. The girls will think I've lost my mind! I have some cheese sticks too and some flavored water and just plain bottled water.
I may be home in time for the tail end of DH's superbowl party so I'll have the same food temptations, Natalie. I'll probably go with celery sticks as a diversion, but I do love chicken wings! I don't see myself making a batch after driving home from the dance weekend though. I know DH is plannng on chili and hot dogs for the party. But there'll also be lots of chips and lots of beer. I miss beer!!!
Lily, my sympathy on the seafood problem. I have a bit of a problem with shrimp, but it doesn't put me into shock. It only upsets my stomach (just like eggs) and only if it's a lot of shrimp on an empty stomach. The worst time was last Superbowl weekend! We were in Vegas and never quite got around to eating dinner. So we went to the 99 cent shrimp cocktail place and I ate several. Along with a couple of margaritas and maybe a beer or two. I was so sick that night I swore I'd never eat shrimp again, but of course, I have. I've also had some margaritas and beer, but not lately!! I love seafood-it goes back to my Rhode Island roots- not too far from Beachie!
Everyone be good. I'll have my laptop and lots of time to kill this weekend. (You can only watch so much dance!) so I may be in touch. Actually that will be a good time for me to investigate the advanced options. Maybe find out about adding a ticker! See ya, Lynn
lynnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 02:27 PM   #79
beachbum

I Want To Let You Know That I'm Starting Another Exercising Thread For The Month Of February. Give Me Time To Set It Up. Thanks

Hugs Bb

=================================
2010 lost 9 lbs.
2011 lost 2.5 lbs.
2012 lost 23 lbs.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 12:42 AM   #80

Great superbowl party ideas, ladies! Thanks! My hosts' plans have changed a little, and they're going to be having tacos in addition to pizza. I think I can work with tacos. I may still have to bring a little something else. The ideas sound too good.

Starting over
Natalie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 08:54 AM   #81
Fay

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/140

Height: 5/3

Welcome, Daizy!

Glad you like the tattoo, Robin & CC! I love it to pieces! Although the photo is deceptive - I took it with my MacBook's wee camera, which reverses things, mirror-style - it actually crosses my back from my right shoulder to my left hip. It's sharpened to a quill point, because I do love to write. It's my own design, based on a feather I bought from the Weekend Market here in Bangkok, and the tattoo artist traced it onto my skin and copied it perfectly - the colouring is fantastic, imho, although of course one can't see the details on the avatar! I chose this as my design because (1) I love to write; (2) I love the brightness and brio and brilliance and decadence and panache associated with peacock feathers, and my own style of dressing does tend towards bright colours and shiny things; (3) it's a feather, thus associated with flight - and I'm all about being footloose and fancy free. What sealed it for me, though, was that some weeks after I'd decided this would be an awesome design I was on holiday in India with a friend. As we were driving towards the Taj Mahal a wild peacock flew across our path, trailing this great swathe of tailfeathers behind it - it was just spectacular, and I pretty much figured that was the universe saying "Go for it!"

And beyond that, I think it signified a mental shift for me - because rather than thinking "Oh, I can't do that because I'm too fat, and one day I'll magically be thin" I thought "This is the body I have. No magic fairy is going to give me a new body. I need to stop putting things off."

And it's the only thing about my body that I just love. It makes me smile. (And the design is one which I think should be pretty damn forgiving of weightloss [or, God forbid, gain] - it doesn't matter which way the damn thing is wiggling!)

Natalie (and anyone else walking into Temptation with the whole Superbowl thing) - best of luck! Don't deny yourself - just stick to proteins and you should be good.

Great to hear about people's weightloss! Keep at it, ladies!

Lily, I hope the party goes well. I can't imagine the headspace you're in right now.

I am in SUCH a sunny mood today! I got up early, went to the gym for half an hour, was going to go for a swim and then saw the time and hurried up and made brunch instead (steak with a fried egg on top, with a little side salad) and then went off across town to hook up with a colleague and go on a recce of 'The Children's Discovery Museum', where we're taking 40 kids on Tuesday. It was awesome! Should be a fun trip. And then we went shopping, and I scored a lovely new hat (broad brimmed and black, with some dark green flowers - I have several ensembles it will complement very nicely) and 4 jars of scented candles (cookie, mocha, cappucino and coconut) - because yummy candles are carb free treats! And I bought some coffee beans from Costa Rica, even though I rarely drink coffee these days - in fact I don't think I've had any since I started Atkins. But I've not "cut it out" in any official way, and the occasional cup of coffee is a very nice thing.

AND I hopped on the scales first thing, and just now (7.40pm) and both times the scales indicate that I'm down 2lb from last week. Which they've been saying for a couple of days now. But my official WI isn't until Monday...still, it's very cheering, and all motivational and stuff.

Today, while shopping, I was looking at everything with new eyes. I was looking at fabulous shoes, and looking at clothes, and looking at girls who walked by, and thinking "I'm going to have all these things to choose from. I'm going to have a figure like that - but I'm going to value it in a way that most of these girls probably don't."

It feels like some kind of fabulous second chance, some kind of gift, to realise that this IS graspable.

Meanwhile, on a slightly more gruesome note, I have been reading about issues with loose skin. And it seems logical to me, since I've been overweight since the age of seven, that my skin is going to have lost a fair bit of its elasticity. To this end, I'm planning for cosmetic surgery once I've shifted the weight - I've decided to put aside 1000 baht (which is, er, probably around $30, at a guess) for every pound I lose. This may end up being ambitious, but it's what I'm going to try to do, anyway.

I'm quite startled to be considering it - I would never have said that cosmetic surgery was something I'd want. But - actually, if I can transform myself as I plan to, I'll likely need the cosmetic surgery to finish the job. If not - if I can lose this weight and there isn't any unsightly loose skin - well, yay. But if I do turn out to need it...well, Bangkok is one of the number one destinations for people seeking cosmetic surgery (or indeed gender reassignment), and I figure they know a thing or two about creating hot female forms from unpromising beginnings (!), and can help me out when the time comes.

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

Henry David Thoreau
broadabroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 01:12 PM   #82
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Quote:
And beyond that, I think it signified a mental shift for me - because rather than thinking "Oh, I can't do that because I'm too fat, and one day I'll magically be thin" I thought "This is the body I have. No magic fairy is going to give me a new body. I need to stop putting things off."
Good for you Faye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We need to stop waiting....live it now, not when we are thinner, richer, prettier...whatever!!! You are wonderfully inspirational!!

Im off today This is my first 2 day weekend since november. Ive already gotten alot done. I headed over to super suppers this morning, and got 12 meals all prepped and they are all in my freezer. I'll go maybe today and get a bit more grocery shopping done, then thats it....I'll pull my blogging for dummies book out, and get some more learning done.

Have a great day ladies!
Old 02-02-2008, 01:49 PM   #83
beachbum

Hi Ladies

With the pouring rain that we had melt lots of the snow on the ground.Now the sun is shinning but it cold outside with the wind howling at 5-60 MPH not going out in this wind,I'm been blown away,even with my size.Yikes!!! I just read that Phil Says Six More Weeks of Winter!

Nothing new, Wishing you all a great OP weekend

Hugs BB

=================================
2010 lost 9 lbs.
2011 lost 2.5 lbs.
2012 lost 23 lbs.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 01:51 PM   #84
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi ladies and Big Welcome to daizy.

We had my son's going away party last night. It was fun but sad. It didn't help that his XGF showed up bawling her eyes out and ran to me for comfort. I finally got perturbed with her and said "Laura, you've known Shane for 4 months. I gave birth to him and have had him for 22 yrs. Please respect our going away party for him". I know, I'm a b--ch! But, dang it, the one thing I didn't want was her showing up and trying to make him feel guilty. He's going through enough stress right now. Then she left the party with one of Shane's friends to try to make him jealous!

During the party last night we got a sad phone call. The Army wants Shane to leave tomorrow to Ft. Leonardwood Missouri. So, basically now he's supposed to leave a week earlier than was scheduled. Today will be spent getting all his stuff packed.

I broke down and shared an order of chips and queso with DH and a friend last night. So, I ate about 1/3 of the basket. I'm back on plan today, but I think just the stress is what got to me.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal-photo-album/88618-before-current-goal-pics.html

^^ My new before and current photos! ^^
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 02:59 PM   #85
Lovin' Life

Aw Lily

Dont you worry about being a bit *****y to that girl!!! My daughter-in-law pulled some serious stuff with my stepson 3 days before he left for Iraq. I will never forget, nor will I ever forgive her for what she put everyone thru. Especially my stepson and husband. (who is the only living parent) I get right nasty when it comes to protecting my husband from her crap. So dont feel bad....not at all. He's your son....that gives you a whole lota rights

I'll be thinking of you and Shane
Old 02-02-2008, 03:04 PM   #86
The hotness! (AKA Kim)

S/C/G: 180/170/125

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone! I have been a lowcarb lurker for a while now and finally decided to just jump in. I've been a member of 3FC for about a year, but I was on LAWL, so I stayed in that forum mostly (in short, I fell off the LAWL wagon last summer and am almost right back where I began). Like most of the general populous, I started the year off determined to be bathing suit worthy by summer! I chose low carb this time around because my mom had great success with it, and I can't justify paying someone to tell me to starve myself ever again! So far this year I have lost 10lbs! And can't wait to get rid of the next 10!

I'm loving the low carb lifestyle, but sometimes I need a swift kick in the... umm... well anyway, I might need some help making good choices. That's where you all come in!! And I hope I can do the same for someone else. Thanks in advance!
The best ME I can be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 03:24 PM   #87
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Dear Puncie! Hope you're having a Great Day puncezilla!

I'm having a resting day . . . the last 48 hours have been nightmarish. Got stuck in the snow/ice storm after work Thursday nite - ran off the road a couple of times - finally got back to the plant (luckily I had packed) and just stayed there. Took a sleeping pill and slept thru the day shift curled up in my office (feeling like every muscle/bone in my body is broken as a result today! - pretzel-aud!) - was gonna slip out early last nite - BUT, of course had the busiest/crappiest nite with one emergency call after another - so didn't get home til 2am this morning! Just beyond exhaustion. Just beyond.

Meanwhile here on the homefront, dh let DDTess10 have two gf's stay the night . . . the entire bathroom is filled with wet snow coats/shoes/gloves - seems Ginger the Westie has become the source of entertainment for the neighborhood . . . Snow Doggie Supreme . . . as soon as I get enuf coffee & limber up enuf - I'm told I MUST see her fly thru the air (with the greatest of ease?) catching snowballs in her mouth. Let's see . . . she's dove in the ice covered MO River and now this in the snow - I'm thinking she must be getting her West Highland Groove Gene activated?

brb -

Atkins Labor Day Challenge>>B: 46.5" W: 41" H: 52" A: 14" L: 24"
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 04:52 PM   #88
Lovin' Life

psst Lily......hubby said to break his leg or arm or something. Then he'll have to stay Thats what we threatened my stepson
Old 02-02-2008, 05:43 PM   #89

S/C/G: 230/188/145 Started 1/3/08

Height: 5'4

Hello Ladies and welcome to our new friends. Lily I don't blame you a bit. I'm sorry Shane has to leave early. That is terrible. Fay, I also love the tatoo! I've never seen anything like it. You are so original. So...I felt comfortable changing my ticker today! I appear to have lowered a bit and stayed there.

I did the shopping earlier today and right now have pork ribs in the oven slow cooking with sugar free carb free BBQ sauce. Chopped and prepped all the veggies for the weekend. Later on I will be frying up some chicken wings and tomorrow cooking a roast. That should pretty much do us for the week. My current experiment is on the stove...rutabagas. Gonna mash em' and see how it goes. DH's Livin La Vida Low Carb bars (raspberry chocolate) arrived yesterday and he just loves how they taste.

Sleepy today. Had a rough time sleeping last night (work stress). I'm trying to get myself geared up to get on the bike but feeling lazy. It is dark and blustery out so I want to crawl into bed with a good book. YUMMY. Aud, you be carefule out there and all the rest of you too that are facing weather.

Lily, you are in my thoughts sweetpea.

ox Peace Out

SC
Old 02-02-2008, 05:53 PM   #90
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

So glad you quit lurking bestme, & jumped on in! Not sure if I've properly welcomed wsmasher & countrymom & natalie & daizy too? - if not, just gotta say it's sooo great to have you here in LC Chat! . . . hope you know the more the merrier! - I'm always reading with interest - even if I don't respond, ya know? Inspired & motivated by everyone here!

Atkins Labor Day Challenge>>B: 46.5" W: 41" H: 52" A: 14" L: 24"

Last edited by aud; 02-02-2008 at 06:18 PM.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote