Old 01-31-2008, 03:27 PM   #61  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Cold out,but we have to head out to Wal-Marts to pick up some vitamins & some supplements.Along going there,I have to get to the Health food store and pick up protein shake powder, to make my Protein pancakes & one Min. muffins,and of course for my mid afternoon Shake.Protein is what fills me up along with high fiber.

WELCOMETO ALL THE NEW LADIES ON THIS THREAD

ROBIN-Thanks for your carb input. Never thought about adding fruit like prunes back into my diet.I use Metamucil for my fiber intake.

WeightSmasher-
Quote:
-I too have come up with a new plan to take this weight off. I think Iwas eating too many carbs. I am cutting some out and eating more protein.
Funny that you mention that,as I have to add more carbs to move my ticker downward.The 3 lb weight loss from last week and the week before.I maintained this week. I'm going to experiment on my carb intake.I think my maintain was caused by bringing my carbs count down to the 100 grams instead of the 125 grams when I lost weight. So I'm going to try the 125 again as see what happens on the scale.

Soul Bliss-I started Atkins 2 years ago & was on Induction for 2 weeks and the carbs were too low,I started to cheating. I even took more protein to weired off the carbs.It didn't help. I discussed it with my doctor,and he told me to stay with Induction as he believed I was carb sensitive. I went out of the Induction phase and started the OWL[onward weight loss]adding 5 grams per week now I up to 100-125 and notice like I mentioned to WS that I loss when having 125 higher part of my carb range than the lower part.YOU MUST FIND YOUR OWN BALANCE START SLOWLY ON THE CARBS[VEGGIES & SALAD]THAN WORK UP TO OTHER CARBS 5 grams at a time. It took me 5 mouths to work up to 100 grams. Thats my experience hope that helps.

SC-I notice you said 900 -1100 calories per day isn't that too low. I'm on calorie counting but my range is 1200 to 1500 calories per day,but my average for the week ends up at 1300
-1400 Maybe that why your stalling on the scale you might be in the starvation mode..I agree with BaB your carbs are too low, along with your calories.

BOUNCY-Glad you back with is we missed you.That great that you will make use you stay OP.and being here with is to check in.

CC-Don't be upset on the maintain,I believe you all doing something right but it takes that bod to rest before the the next weight loss. I think that most of you will have to lower your carbs as your new to this WOE by me being on low carbing for 2 years have to up my carbs to keep me ticker moving downward instead of stalling like it did last year.

LILYYou'll probably lose on Sundays
W-I. Measurements are another way to tell if your on the right track.

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 01-31-2008 at 03:28 PM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 04:47 PM   #62  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

BB, I think you must have sent the snow and ice my way. It's snowing like crazy with sleet mixed in. My insurance adjustor just called and due to our weather here, he won't be out til next Wednesday. He did say that to go ahead and buy tarps to put on the roof and they will reimburse us.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 03:21 AM   #63  

Hello all! I'm only on my sixth day of (re)induction and I'm seriously dreading Sunday!!! I'm going to a Superbowl party, which I already know is going to be stocked with pizza, chips, beer, and pie... and little else! Ugh... I don't know what to do. I've been struggling with getting this induction going already, and I keep going back and forth on whether to just try to eat a big meal before the party and hold out on everything there, (This party wil last for at least 4 or 5 hours, mind you) or to go ahead and eat and start back up on Monday. I'm soooo tempted. I really feel awkward about explaining the situation to my hosts (i.e. explaining why I'm not eating anything or asking them to provide low carb options). Ahhh, I don't know what to do!!!
Natalie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 03:32 AM   #64  
Fay

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/140

Height: 5/3

Welcome aboard, Natalie! Crumbs, you poor soul - it sounds like your Superbowl thingy is going to be carb purgatory! BUT the good thing is that you know it's going to happen, so you can plan ahead.

I say (1) have something really filling before you go. (2) DON'T expect to hold out and eat nothing - I think that's probably asking a bit much. But take your own stuff instead - you can take yummy chicken drumsticks/chicken wings as a contribution to the feast, or ribs, or satay, or cheese-cubes-on-sticks. People who are giving parties are NEVER pissed off about people bringing some kind of contribution, so if you'd rather not tell them that you're on Atkins, you can just say you brought some stuff to share, as a thank you for them hosting you all. Have a diet soda/glass of ice water at your hand THE WHOLE DAMN TIME and any time someone offers you something tempting, say 'not right now' and neck the drink. And give yourself five minutes. And if you're still hungry after five minutes, you go sink your teeth into some chicken.

Seriously - you can pig out on meat/chicken stuff, and it's on-plan. And it will be filling you up and making you less inclined to fancy the chips and things.

This is my third week, and I've had a couple of occasions along these lines where I've had people chowing down on cakes/pizzas/chips/whatever - but I just kept my mind fixed on the fact that if I had to choose between the yummy chips OR losing weight - it's no contest. I want to lose weight. Bugger the chips. Did you check out the threads with people's pics from before and after goal, or their weightloss stories? I'm finding that helps me to stick to my guns in the face of temptation - because it brings it home to me that actually THIS IS TOTALLY DOABLE. And I want to do it. I want to be that person. I'm excited just looking in the mirror and imagining the thinner me - imagining the changes to my jawline, my belly, my thighs, my hips - imagining that new silhouette that I AM going to get, that I'm actively creating right now.

...er, sorry, didn't mean to get all peptalky - and heaven knows, I'm only in my 3rd freaking week. But I'm determined to do this thing.

So, yeah - take yummy food that's on plan with you as a contribution, that's my suggestion. Who's going to be pissed off about a guest arriving with a stack of chicken wings or a selection of yummy cheeses? Nobody, surely?

Either way - best of luck, love!
broadabroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 08:31 AM   #65  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

Faye~ getting all pep-talky is wonderful!!!! I love your new photo, your tattoo looks beautiful.

BB~ I use a fibre supplement in my morning protein shake too, but the fibre helps to slow down the carb absorption in other foods. So I have been trying to get more in.

Things are good here, yesterday was super busy...with another super busy day today. But I thought Id pop in here before I got to the shop.

We have freezing rain today, ontop of the inch of snow that fell over night. Hopefully that will all be melted by later this afternoon. I have to deliver all those shirts I did yesterday.

Im feeling so mch better!! Getting lots of sleep and eating pretty darn good!!

Have a great day ladies!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 08:36 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 244/229/180

Height: 5'4

Just checking in with everyone! Hope everyone is having a great day and has a great weekend.

I did my WI and I am still 229. Bummer! But I am wondering if it not muscle weight as I have been doing a lot of weight training and cardio. I am still on plan, I think I might not be eating enough, I am just not hungry. But I am trying to more mindful of making sure I eat at least 3 times a day.

Any ideas on breakfast that does not involve eggs or meat? I love meat and eggs!!! But... I am just so not wanting to eat anything heavy in the AM. Today I had some celery and cheese and that was okay.

Okay ladies, have a great day!
Amy On a Mission76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 08:43 AM   #67  

S/C/G: Goal 150 ~ 21lbs down

Height: 5'6"

Default Yay!!!

Good morning! I'm such a happy camper this morning. After b*tching and moaning about maintaining yesterday I decided to buckle down and really watch what I eat and keep out and erroneous carbs and (drumroll...) I am down 1.6 lbs from yesterday!!! Now, I admit this could be that last little whoosh of water left over from TOM, but I don't care! I don't care if it was dry skin I sloughed off in the shower, LOL. It's gone and off of me and therefore off of my scale!

SoulBliss - Hi there! To answer your question I started off with a carb count around 20g per day and after 2 weeks I went up to 30-45 and my weight loss stalled (well that and TOM didn't help I suppose), but now I am taking it back to apprx. 20 and that seems to be working. Hope that helps!

lynnar - Be careful in that weather, ugh! After a visit home to Wisconsin this past Christmas and sliding off the road and getting stuck for 4 hours I am PETRIFIED to drive in icy weather. Which is pretty sad because like I said, I am FROM Wisconsin, .

lilybelle - OMG I don't know what I would do if I couldn't eat seafood. Especially since living in MD they put it in damn near everything! Crab stuffed this, shrimp that... I would probably eat it without knowing and go into anaphylactic shock! I'm guessing this is something that happened in adulthood?

beachbum
- Thank you so much for the words of encouragement. I've mustered up some extra determination. For the first time in many years of trying to change my WOE I don't feel as if giving up is an option and I don't think about the fact that I can't go back to the way I used to eat and thats a BIG step for me!

Natalie - I'm with Fay. Bring something along. Luckily there are plenty of low carb options that make great party food: wings, veggie tray and dips, etc. Get your Martha Stewart on girl! LOL

broadabroad - Is that your tattoo??? If so, it's GORGEOUS! I am so jealous!

EVERYONE - I am curious to know if anyone else is counting calories along with carbs and if so what your magic number is and how did you determine it?

Have a great day ladies!
CrabbyCakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 08:48 AM   #68  

Congrats Crabby!!!
Old 02-01-2008, 09:56 AM   #69  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Another cloudy day ahead of us .A thunderstorm might be here this afternoon,but DH thinks is going up the 195 corridor.

MY DH watching Tiger on the golf station he in Dubai Africa,while I'm on the computer posting to your guys.

LILY-I can't believe all the snow your getting down south. Hope the insurance adjuster will be able to come on Wed and give you guys an estimate. That horrible that you have to wait so long.

NATALIE-Welcome to the thread Ugh!! as Super Bowl Party just in the middle of your induction. I feel for you,I'd just eat a little at home than when you get there stay away from the carbs munch on protein instead,and if they don't have protein bring some along and have that.

ROBIN-I take a fiber sup 15 mins before each meal,either is I have a carbs or not. I find eating low carb I not get the proper amount of fiber in with out it.

AMY-
Quote:
But I am wondering if it not muscle weight as I have been doing a lot of weight training and cardio.
Its a possibility that with your weight training & cardio water is trapped in the joints ,but will release soon,espeically if your eating OP.Don't stub MAINTAINING as it wasn't a gain. Be patient it will flush out.

CC -Glad I could help,You sound like you have a good plan,of staying with this WOE and not giving up,you will be a winner at the end. WTG

Have a nice morning

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 10:24 AM   #70  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy On a Mission76 View Post
Any ideas on breakfast that does not involve eggs or meat? I love meat and eggs!!! But... I am just so not wanting to eat anything heavy in the AM. Today I had some celery and cheese and that was okay.
What about Mock Danish with Cinnamon Glaze? http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/mock_danish.html
http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/cinnamon_glaze.html Or Revol-oopsie rolls http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/besteve...sie_rolls.html Easy oven pancakes http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/easy_oven_pancakes.html Tuna Muffins http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/tuna_muffins.html Ham & Swiss Skillet http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/ham&swiss_skillet.html Ham Muffins http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/ham_muffins.html
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 10:44 AM   #71  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Natalie,

Bring something you can eat. There are plenty of low carb dishes out there you can bring to parties & get togethers that others will also enjoy & not even realize they're eating low carb

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/deep_dish_pizza.html
http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/quesadilla_quiche.html
http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/jalapeno_poppers.html
http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/korean_meatballs.html
http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/antipasto_salad.html
http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/appetizer_meatballs.html
http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/cheesecake_squares.html
http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/cinnamon_splenda_nuts.html
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 12:11 PM   #72  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi ladies,

CC, yes, I had an anaphylactic reaction to crab legs and shrimp about 3 yrs.ago. I almost died and the Dr.'s said I would die if I ever ate it again. I loved seafood, but I sure won't ever eat it again. In fact, I'm super careful to avoid it. DH loves Red Lobster and I always am afraid to eat there cause I don't know if my grilled chicken might touch a spot where the seafood was cooked. Also, I am counting cal's and watching my carbs at the same time. I don't think I've found my magic numbers just yet. The calorie counter thing says I can eat 1934 cal's a day and maintain my weight. I eat 1400-1500 max and am trying to lose 1 lb. a week. Currently I'm 2 lbs. over my goal weight, so trying to get these other 2 lbs. off. I'd actually like to see my wt. at 135 lbs. someday, but that may take me years! LOL, maybe when I'm 80 yrs. old I will see my magic weight of 135 lbs. again.

Fay, I agree with the other. Taking along some hot wings and cheese cubes to munch on is a great idea. I hate to go places and there be nothing acceptable for me to eat. Then I end up feeling deprived if I forego the treats.

BB, we got 3 inches of snow. It was great, but it's all starting to melt now and it's all mushy outside.

Tonite is my son's going away party. I gotta get busy on cleaning the house cause lots of friends and family are coming over.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 12:35 PM   #73  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 195/185/140

Height: 5'5"

Hi fellow LCers I am new to the forum, but not to LC. (Just that I have been eating horribly lately!!) I look forward to getting to know some of you!
daizylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 01:08 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 230/188/145 Started 1/3/08

Good News: Quickly dashing in here. Remained jumping between 219 and 218.5 this morning. Will wait to change my ticker down until it holds for another day or so though.

SC
stayincalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 01:34 PM   #75  

Thanks Jersey!