3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Carb Counters

Old 01-29-2008, 10:49 PM   #31

S/C/G: 244/229/180

Height: 5'4

Lili... You and your family in my thoughts and prayers. A very good friend of mine just got back from TX as she was meeting her son coming home after 18 months there. We are here for you.

OKay, so I didn't die, but good grief, I worked muscles that I did not know I had... for over 2 hours. Back again tomorrow! I feel great, but am wiped!

As for what kind of shows I do... I am a Romance Enhancement Consultant. I do in home shows for women and sell everything from lotions to lingerie and all of the fun stuff in between. Been going strong as Dr. Luv for almost 8 years now! Was #1 in the country last March!

Sending love to you all, I am going to crawl up the steps and crash. Have a great night!

Amy On a Mission76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 12:57 AM   #32
Fay

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/140

Height: 5/3

Wow - a Romance Enhancement Consultant, Amy? That sounds like a fascinating job! I'd never heard of it!

Stayincalm, I am ALL about the envy. I love acting. Love love love. In another universe somewhere, I hope I'm a professional actor. I did have a crack, actually, at getting into drama school - but that's a story for another time. These days I stick to Am Dram, but I really do love it to bits.

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

Henry David Thoreau
broadabroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 08:05 AM   #33
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

The coolest thing happened last night.......I finally figured out how to get photos off my phone and onto my computer!!!!

I was trying to take photos of a new sign I was working on yesterday afternoon, because we thought it would be cool to chronicle the making of the sign on our business blog. Well, when I tried our digital camera, I thought it just needed a new battery. nope, our camera just quit. So I figured Id give my phone a try. It takes pretty good pictures!! Dug out the instruction manual and got to work.......only took me 2.5 hrs!! But I did it!! Im sure if I would have asked my daugher, it would have a 5 min. job

On the diet front? Well, I am eating more carbs, but doing alright. My energy level is finally on the upswing. So, its all good!

Still no exercise, but maybe tonight

Lily~ not a problem at all!!! Every little bit of contact back to his homeland will help! My stepson thankfully has not renewed his enlistment, and will be done this march. He was scheduled to go over this fall. Believe he will be fine Lily, and he will

Have a great day ladies!
Old 01-30-2008, 09:33 AM   #34

S/C/G: 230/188/145 Started 1/3/08

Default No Change

Well. Hopped on the scale this morning. Six times. It gave me three readings at 222 and three readings at 223 so I guess I can be confident in saying I have not seen any movement downward in two weeks. I'm either up a pound or unchanged TOM should be out of my system by now (she arrived last Wed. and left town on Saturday). A bit discouraged. Have not wavered off plan. Not even eating nuts or the goodies I'm giving DH.(Of course, that is not really virtue since I don't really like sweets much) Hhhhhmmmm. I have had a glass of wine two times and a cocktail once but I don't think that is it. Have only missed three days of exercise in a month. Drinking between 80 and 128 ounces of water everyday. Down from 6-7 cups of coffee in the morning to only one. Yep. Definitely discouraged. Can't think of what else to cut out. Not eating much cheese. Maybe an ounce or so every three days. I'm even measuring my salad and veggies to make sure it is a total of 2-3 cups. Poured over my food journal, can't find any hidden carbs. OH well. I will stick to it for another week and see what happens. Maybe try the meat only thing I did last week again.

SC
Old 01-30-2008, 11:23 AM   #35
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Expecting a wind storm this afternoon,but the temp are up to 48 degrees.So if any precipitation in the forecast it will be rain. Hopefully will wash the white stuff away.

W-I was this morn and I MAINTAINED .I guess it was bound to happen sometime during my challenge. Not worried as I lost 3 lbs in two weeks. Heres to next week.

LILY-
Quote:
My biggest hope in the world is that we'll get a new president and they'll pull our troops home.
I'm wishing that too. Don't worry about you weight,right now you're doing great. Try to keep up with the exercising will help you pull out of the STRESS MODE.

BAB-If you have a lady that teaches belly dancing by all means try it out. It works all the muscles in that general area.Wish I could do that kind of exercise,but I'd turn out my back.

SC-I hope you stayed calm and not gone into stress mode. Thats happens,at least to me,thinking that one day is another. Hope that you office was gentle with you this morning for making that mistake.You could send that story to Reader Digest :books2: and maybe make a few bucks. Don't know what to tell you,Wish I had some magic to help get the scale moving for you again.Maybe you body need to adjust. I saw on the BL last night that the black team [Jillian's] a member had to be eliminated. Jillian said it wasn't the exercising as they all worked they're butts off. So she thinking it had to be the calories count. She suggested to the audience to ask their doctor or trainer what calorie range should they use. That could happen to us using too low or to many carbs. Think about that.

AMY -That sounds like a interesting job being a Romance Enhancement Consultant. I would of like doing something like that when I was younger. Congrats for being #1 in the country for the last March.

ROBIN-Congrats on getting the photos out of your phone.I Don't laugh that it took you 2.5 hours I wouldn't know where to start. My DH does all the computer and phone things.By the way How many carbs are you eating???? and what kinds of carbs????

Have to go start dinner

Hugs BB

=================================
2010 lost 9 lbs.
2011 lost 2.5 lbs.
2012 lost 23 lbs.

Last edited by beach bum; 01-30-2008 at 11:24 AM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 12:05 PM   #36
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

SC, that is a humongously sweet, generous offer from you too. When I get my son's address in Iraq, I will let you ladies on LC forum know. I know he'd appreciate hearing from everyone. I feel overwhelmed by everyones kindness.

Amy, hmmmm, Enhancement Consultant. Now that sounds like a job that I would be good at. WTG ,on being #1 last March.

SC, sorry about your frustrating WI. Same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago. I knew I was doing everything right and I gained a lb. I think it happens to all of us sometimes. Our crazy bodies, we just can't force them to always do what we want. I begrudgingly started writing down every bite I take and making sure I didn't go over 1500 cal's daily while also keeping my carbs below 35 and I finally took off another lb. My next WI is coming on Sunday and I'll see if this new, stricter woe is working for me or not. If I don't lose at least a lb. , I'm gonna be finger shakin [email protected]! It may lead to laxative abuse, LOL.

Robin, WTG on figuring how to post pics' from a cell phone. You're more technolgically advanced than I am. My phone has a camera and I've had it for a year and don't even know how to take a pic. LOL. For now, I have Lacy (who to me) is a genius with cameras and phones and computer, to do all my techno work for me!

BB, watch out for the wind storm. I'm still waiting on insurance to get me a new roof after our wind storm yesterday.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal-photo-album/88618-before-current-goal-pics.html

^^ My new before and current photos! ^^
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 12:55 PM   #37

WI and for me too and I'm exactly the same as last week. I knew being hungry all the time was a bad sign. I've been testing with the key sticks every now and then and I've not seen a positive for about two weeks. I try not to worry too much about that because the positives I got were pretty faint. I was thinking maybe the sticks were defective. So, I guess my next move is to get to Fitday and figure out exactly what I've been doing wrong!!

I haven't been as good as you, SC. I had the cashew incident on Sunday and I probably overdo the cheese. I'll go for a little slice of cheese as a snack at night. I just don't know what else to snack on! And I feel like there are times when I have to put something in my mouth!! I try to avoid extra veggies because I'm trying to keep my carb count very low, although I have been eating celery for the last couple of weeks.

I've also been totally not drinking. Last time I did Atkins I was drinking some-mostly vodka with carb free mixers-and I was pretty sure that stalled me. So I've been very good in that one department.

Lily, I don't know how you can count calories and carbs! That would drive me crazy--too much math. I was really hoping to avoid keeping track of anything, but I guess that's not going to work for me. Also, don't you find yourself tempted to use the low cal version of stuff like sour cream? And then it's not Atkins friendly. If I think too much about all this I just get confused and start craving ice cream or something.

There's a belly dancing class at my gym, but I've never tried it. There's also a new class called cardio salsa which sounds tempting. My problem is scheduling in those late in the day classes. The step class I do is in the morning and I find that easier to schedule around. I never seem to summon up the energy for a DVD at night either. If I don't exercise during the day, I don't exercise!

We had the high winds yesterday and the dramatic temperature drop. We just got a new sign outside the office that has a temperature reading so I checked it about every five minutes yesterday. We went from 62 at 11 a.m. to 30 something at 1p.m. and the teens by the time it was dark. It was kind of scary. No wind damage, luckily. Just lots of leaves in the garage which will soon be tracked into the house. Gotta go, Lynn
lynnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:09 PM   #38
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

BB~ Ive added prunes, this super high fibre bread, that is made up of only rye flour, and seeds. One slice is 6grams of fibre. I love it, hubby spit it out lol, he didnt like it. If you like european dense breads you might like it. Ive also added whole wheat pasta, and I bought some ginger snaps to add to my 3pm mid day meal. I have also added fruit...apples and oranges for now. I also buy that carb smart canned fruit. I think thats what it is called, it is made by del monte. Im at about 60grams of carbs a day, give or take. My goal is to keep it under 100 grams with heaps of fibre. It seems to finally make a difference in how I am feeling. Today is the first day I have had any energy in quite a while. I didnt want to crawl back into bed when the alarm went off.

Last edited by RobinW; 01-30-2008 at 01:09 PM.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:34 PM   #39

S/C/G: 233/190/150

Height: 5'1

I am in the same boat at styncalm !! WI today and stayed at the same exact weight. I was not as good as her though. I did have some no, no's this weekend but I never thought this would stall my weight loss. I told my DH it is not worth it. I have learned my lesson and will stay OP everyday every meal. I go to the gym everyday and drink lots of water and been OP every other day. So no more having fun with food on the weekend. I feel slimmer but in order to feel better I need to see the lbs on the scale go down. !!

Well, ladies hope everyone is having a happy hump day!!!
Old 01-30-2008, 02:57 PM   #40
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

I've had those weeks too gals . . . that's why I do measurements to keep my spirit up. I keep them now in the "January Goals" Thread - get the tape out so you'll be able to compare during those weeks the miserable scale won't move! I bet you all are losing inches/gaining lean muscle mass, ya know?

Not a lot of time, but just want to let ya know lily, that of course I will be writing to Shane. Delighted to serve as, you know, sort of an older woman special friend/teacher/mentor/Romantic Enhancement advisor!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so goofy.

I write '07 on all of my paperwork even now January 30th of 2008!

Weather went nutso here yesterday beachie & lynn: Told you I went out with doggie right? Short sleeves - but winds picked up to being high winds - Temp dropped from 73 degrees to 15!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MUST share this to die for Tuna Casserole I'm having for dinner (& supper) later with salad - dh hub is now surfing Linda's Low Carb & whipped this puppy up - had a few bites for breakfast and is soooo good. He used "Emeril's Bayou Blast" seasoning along with salt 'n peppa:

http://genaw.com/lowcarb/tuna_casserole_3.html

Gotta run - It's Hump Day (& PAYday for moi) . . . ttyal!

Atkins Labor Day Challenge>>B: 46.5" W: 41" H: 52" A: 14" L: 24"

Last edited by aud; 01-30-2008 at 03:00 PM.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 04:16 PM   #41

Hi ladies,

I am new to your group. I look forward to getting to know you all better.

Aud-- the tuna cassarole looks so good! I will have to try that one night.

I have watched the livin la vida lowcarbman on youtube. I also had the pleasure of meeting JM and his lovely wife. He spoke at my TOPS (Take off pounds sensiby) meeting. I just emailed him and asked and he came. I was suprised. They are the sweetest people you will ever meet.
I watch his youtube videos every week as well as participate on his blog forum.

I am rooting for the Patriots in the superbowl on Sunday. Go Patriots!!

What kind of food will you all be making for the big night?

Last edited by countrymom831; 01-30-2008 at 04:19 PM.
countrymom831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 04:30 PM   #42

Hi Aud, I'm going to hang on to that thought that my measurements are smaller. I think my pants are less uncomfortable then they were. I think they are. I think they are. The tuna casserole sounds good too. I printed it out for future reference. Right now I guess I'll stay on my lower than usual induction plan. I did lose ten pound before the plateau. And I don't think it's that I'm eating too little....
Hello Countrymom, Welcome. I always thought the TOPS groups sounded interesting but I've never invested the time. I did Weight Watchers meetings for a while, but back then I had to chose to go to the gym or the meeting on my lunch break and that didn't make much sense.
I'm escaping for the Superbowl. I'll be with my two daughters at a dance competition, but my dh has been talked into hosting a party without me. It will be interesting to see what he serves!! I don't plan on doing any of the food since I'm leaving on Friday. I'll be back early enuf on Sunday to see the end of the game and the remains of the food! If I watched football, I'd probably be a patriots fan since I grew up in Rhode Island, but I think DH is on the other side...
lynnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 04:44 PM   #43
lilybelle

Lynnar, please don't try to follow me on how I'm trying to take off the lbs. I am one big ball of confusion. I am keeping cal's under 1500 and like I said I keep carbs at 35 or lower. But, I do eat a lot of fruit and only count each serving of fruit as 10 carbs. So, actually I cheat! But, this works for ME, this is how I lost all my weight! I still don't eat potatoes, pasta, rice , sugar, flour as this would be too much cheating even for me, LOL. I am definitely not an Atkins purist, but I'm sure I eat way fewer carbs than the general public.

Aww, Aud, thanks for your support of my son and our family.

countrymom, Welcome to our group! I'm rooting for the Patriots too!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88618

Old 01-30-2008, 05:19 PM   #44

S/C/G: 230/188/145 Started 1/3/08

I love the Gang! It didn't take me long to pull out of my funk. Even if I am disappointed. I'm someone who has to have a plan for frigging everything or I go nuts so here is my plan. Even though I HATE the scale because I'm scared it will freak me out, I don't want to waste chunks of time (the weeks between weigh ins) trying to figure out what is stalling me. As of this morning I cut out all caffine (even though it was only my one cup in the morning I'm switching to decaf) and all cream (even though that was only what I put in my coffee in the morning). For the next week I'm cutting out all veggies, limiting greens to two cups of salad daily and not touching any alcohol. THEN...DRUM ROLL...I'm going to weigh myself every frigging morning and every evening . That should help me to figure out what is stalling me and I won't waste time waiting for the next wiegh in. Lordy. I feel like a scientist.

tee hee
Old 01-30-2008, 06:31 PM   #45
lilybelle

SC, WTG on figuring out a plan for you. Let us know how it works. Personally, I just weigh myself once a week. I get too dang mad at the scale to weigh everyday. Most of the ladies in the Maintainers forum that I post in weigh themselves everyday. I will say that I've tried to go a month between WI's and Ummm, that wasn't such a good idea, LOL. Oh, as far as giving up coffee, I could easier give up food.

Heres hoping that my Size 4 jeans fit comfy again soon cause these 5's are so baggy I look like I've pooped my diaper. LOL.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88618

Last edited by lilybelle; 01-30-2008 at 06:32 PM.