Old 01-14-2008, 02:02 AM   #1  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Smile LC Chit Chat Week of 1/14 thru 1/20

Back from PlayOff Beer Guzzle . . . did pretty well eating OP . . . basically didn't eat much.

Swilling water and ready to give 'er another go!

How did your weekend go gals?

Ready for a brand new week?

I sure am . . . think I'll re-invent myself.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 02:48 AM   #2  
jlkeahi

Hi aud. Weekend was boring ): but i did buy Metabolife Ultra, something new to try out, and i bought the richard simmons sweatin to the oldies 20th aniversay dvd. did the video tonight...it was great! i did the whole video non-stop!! (:

As for the brand new week, i say bring it on! (:
Old 01-14-2008, 08:10 AM   #3  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

jlk~ I just seen those dvd's advertised yesterday. I used to like them.......might have to have another look at them.

I had an uneventful weekend Aud. It was quiet Getting psyched up for hubby's surgery on tuesday. Just his shoulder, but Id still rather his shoulder was happy and healthy, and he didnt need it.

I climbed on the scale this morning......and its only down .5lbs. So thats 1.5lbs for the week. Im not happy with it at all. But I do think it is because of my evening of rice cakes last monday night. Now I remember that a free meal or snack will stall me out for an entire week. Im sorry, but I didnt work this hard all week for some crappy bag of cheesy rice cakes

Im Ok with it all. I know better, and I am not going to dive into a bag of marshmallows because of it. Which is something I would have done before.

The positive in all this? Im down 1.5lbs and minus 2.5 inches from my waist and the old baby belly

What am I going to do today to feel absolutely wonderful? Im going to wear red Gotta get hubby's attention before his surgery

Have a great day ladies!

Last edited by RobinW; 01-14-2008 at 08:12 AM.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 08:18 AM   #4  

S/C/G: Goal 150 ~ 21lbs down

Hey everyone!

My weekend was good. Tomorrow morning is day 7 and my first weigh-in OP. I think I have been doing well, but not as well as I think I could have. I think I will really look closely at my food choices this week (aud - maybe a little reinventing for me too ).

Also, I haven't exercised during this first week and I am wondering if this week is a good time? I didn't want to overwhelm myself at first with diet AND exercise. I thought maybe it was best to get used to one before jumping into both. Anyone have an opinion on this?

Oh and...

GO PACK GO!
CrabbyCakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:57 AM   #5  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Hiya CrabbyCakes, I always leave the first week to just getting my bearings with my food, and kinda psyching myself up for exercise (cuz I hate it) Then start my workouts the 2nd or 3rd weeks. So I think you are on the right track.

Great News!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I tossed my superfat jeans, and now Im into the next size down!! I havent fit into these jeans in over a year!!!!!!!! Mind you they are tight, and I had to lay down to do up the zipper..........but it counts, I got'em on and got'em done up this morning Yah!!! Nope I am not wearing them today But I will wear them to my next ladies networking meeting with my new sexy boots This is just so frickin cool!!

Definitely a feel good about yourself moment.

Last edited by RobinW; 01-14-2008 at 09:59 AM.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:36 AM   #6  

Hey RobinW, yeah thats kind of what I was thinking as far as getting my bearings and all that. I'm not a HUGE fan of exercise and it takes a while to get started, but its always taking that first leap. Blech, wish me luck!

Grats on getting rid of those jeans! I have a pair I that are slowly moving toward the trash can also and I can't wait to chuck those suckers, haha!
Old 01-14-2008, 12:19 PM   #7  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone,

Robin, big congrats on fitting into the next smaller size jeans! Also, I hope your DH's surgery goes very well and he makes a speedy recovery!

Crabbycakes, good luck with your first OP weigh-in.

I had mentioned the other day that my SD (Shelbey) has poison Ivy on her face. We spent almost all day yesterday at the medical clinic gettin her seen and started on a Medrol Dose pack. It was getting worse instead of improving and she won't quit scratching it!

My eating and exercise are still very good. I have lost a total of 4 lbs. since Jan. 1st. I have done 9 gym workouts in the past 12 days , plus lots of swimming and lots of walking my doggies. It feels great to be OP and for the scale to be rewarding me.

My son saw his bio dad this weekend. Gary is a sick/twisted man even if he is a doctor. He gave Shane a t-shirt that says "I like cats but I can never eat a whole one by myself". Now who would purchase something like this, or wear it for that matter? His other gifts were also pretty absurd. A car windshield protector, WWII brass Russian Army buttons, a war board game, caffeine energy bath soap, a 5# Hershey bar, and a wooden puzzle box that had $500.00 in it. Personally, I think Gary has more money than he has sense!
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 12:31 PM   #8  

Wow lilybelle... thats quite the assortment of gifts...where in the world does this man shop??? and what the heck is caffeine energy body wash??

I am truly baffled.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:43 PM   #9  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Thanks AUD for starting us up this week. Slept late this morning and now the whole day is flying by and I have a lot of do today. Can't see with the cream in my eye.

On another board I joined the woman in a Valentine & Lental Challenge. I going for a 8 lb loss, 4 for each month. Wish me Luck in doing this,as I have to get the scale moving down to the 150's again.

AUD-Didn't do to bad this weekend,as I didn't do much with this bad eye.Watched football & golf as best a I could. Didn't drive so I was confined to the housewith cabin fever.

JKL-Welcome to the thread. You did great with your new video.I going to start my WATP's tapes again.

ROBIN-Prayers for your DH shoulder surgery tomorrow,My friend is going to have her heart valves replaced tomorrow also. You lost so nice the last couple of week,maybe your bod is resting before it goes onto some more big losses. Congrats on your 1.5 weight loss. Another congrats for your NSV. Inches are just as important as weight loss. Happy for the big toss of jeans.

CRABBY CAKES-Crossing my fingers that you have a good W-I tomorrow. I don't think it makes a difference if your exercising the first or second week. I guess it depends how much exercising your talking about.

LILY-OMG hope your SD is under special care and the meds work.I never had poison ivy but my mom did and its very very itchy.Hope she heals soon.Congrats on your 4 lb loss since Jan 1, Hoper I see good results next week.

Have go start my laundry

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 01-14-2008 at 01:44 PM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 01:57 PM   #10  

Hi everyone,
Slight set back this weekend. We went out with a group of friends on Friday for a late dinner. I was, of course, starved, by the time we got there. It was a steak house with peanuts on the table. I thought: "Nuts are pretty low carb." and even though I knew they weren't on induction I started eating. I didn't look them up until Saturday when I had already checked with the keysticks and got a negative reading! Really dumb!

Other then that I did all right eating out. I had a sirlion salad which was yummy. I did have a diet coke (after bragging about giving it up!) but I didn't have a beer like everyone else. The rest of the weekend we ate at home so I stayed on plan and cleaned house. DH invited the neighbors to meet at our house! He doesn't consider that it means I have to clean our house! We'll have to use the family room (teenager territory) because it's larger, so that was another whole floor to clean! The thing that's so depressing about cleaning is that it never stays. I wish I could enjoy my clean house for more than one day, but it only takes one day of hauling firewood through the living room and letting the teenager pile up dishes in the family room to undue a weekend of work.

Since the 15 yo moved to basement, I'm taking over her bedroom as my own office. I can't wait to get it ready. DH has always had an office (he has a home business) and he'll sit in there in front of the computer and watch T.V. He thinks it counts as working! I'm looking forward to getting all my projects in one place where I don't have to pick them up when company comes in.

I'm a premature empty nester. I'be been very upset that the two older kids are in their own apartments, but now I can see some perks coming my way. Of course, I know just about the time I get used to the idea of my own room, one of the older kids will move home and throw me out! That's the way it works, right?

I'm filing the sty and gold band info. I used to get sty's and never heard that one. I know I would have tried anything when I had them. I hate thinking about the superbug issues, but I guess everyone needs to be careful in this day and age. Take care, everyone. Lynn
lynnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 02:30 PM   #11  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Crabby cakes, it's bath soap that is supposed to have caffeine in it that will give you an energy boost when you bathe with it. LOL, what will they think of next. As for Gary's shopping, he finds his crap in magazines and on the internet! My MIL did say this morning that those Russian Brass Buttons from WWII are probably worth a lot of money and to hold onto them for Shane. He also has given Shane several Gold coins to collect over the yrs. Plus German Army Uniforms and Switzerland Army Uniforms.

BB,thanks for the congrat's on my wt. loss. I really am trying to get back to goal. I think from Thanksgiving to Christmas was all one big Carbfest for me! I'm glad that is over and I do feel better now that I'm eating right again and moving my butt more. BB, I also hope your friends surgery goes well and she has a speedy recovery!

lynnar, Hi, I had a problem with nuts the other night myself. I went to the gym and came home starving. I grabbed a small handful of cashews while I was cooking. After I ate some, I looked at the can and thought "OMG, these aren't LC at all". Also, I haven't had a problem here with Empty Nest. Every time we have a kid move out, we have another one recycle back in! BTW, my 15 yr. old DD is being a PITA right now and I wish I had a basement, LOL.

Last edited by lilybelle; 01-14-2008 at 02:31 PM.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 02:37 PM   #12  
Somethin's gotta give

Hey all- thought this might be the place to re-introduce? I'm Marie and I was on the site a couple years ago--some of these names still sound familiar! I went off on my "world tour of dieting" and ended up back here, hoping for some before summer weight loss.
I love this site- I've been to them all and I can tell you it sure doesn't go over big on other ones, when you say "Hey guys! I was feeling peckish, so I mixed some peanut butter with heavy cream and drank it!" Man....do they get sore!
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 02:48 PM   #13  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Must get sexy boots . . . must get sexy boots . . . *rinse*repeat* . . .

Everyone who hasn't seen me in awhile LOVES my new, short & tres sexy hairdo . . . I love it too . . . still pouring out waaaaay too much shampoo and conditioner!

I am beer-logged and happy . . . Gosh I love watching playoffs at the bar with my family & old friends . . . very cold in the counrty but just had the best time and think I needed the getaway from "city" stresses and work . . . definitely feel the bloat today but just gonna keep on re-inventing and mooooove forward, eh? GO CHARGERS - back up receiver? Back up quarterback? NO problemo for these boys . . . played with heart!

LOVE your avatar pic jkl! Made me smile - welcome to LC! I used to do Richard Simmons - need to start doing him or SOMETHING! Let's re-invent ON this week!!!

Hiya CrabbyCakes - congrats on the sticktoitness!!! The exercise will come - I like your idea of tackling one and then the next. LOVED the Classic Pack In The Snow Game too!!! Loved me some Brett Fav-RA!

Is it a month or two weeks to make something a habit?

Shout Outs to everyone else here @ LC - enjoyed reading along, as always, over my "morning" coffee and identify with so many things in each others lives.

Will be thinking of Poor Shoulder Robin-Hub Tuesday . . . surgery is always worrisome - Hang in there Girl! - and RIGHT ON with your fat jean tossing self!!!

You are doing so faboo lynnar! Nuts always stall me too - but don't let a few make you NUTS! You're doing so good. Had a nice smile over your thoughts on empty nesting - got a feeling my 21 yr old DD may be on her way back to the nest . . . we'll see. SOOOO know what you mean about a "clean house" too - Grrrrrrrrr is all I can say!

lily does your son and bio-dad have some kind of inside joke and/or relationship that explains this *ahem* ecclectic assortment of gifts? I'm a cat hater and so must admit that I kind of snorted to the cat shirt . . . must say that I would never buy or give that as a gift tho' - especially to my kid. Just wondering if maybe they have a memory or something and/or a relationship that would explain some of the stuff?? What did your DS say??

HANG IN THERE BEACHIE!!!!

Alright gang . . . must get on with the InterventionRe-Invention - it's Monday . . . it's MID JANUARY already . . . the week . . . month . . . year . . . infinity is stretching out b4 me . . . must go for the gusto (that isn't in a 12 oz Bud Light can, that is!!)

ttya after the night shift!

Last edited by aud; 01-14-2008 at 02:56 PM.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 02:55 PM   #14  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi LCers. I'm still lurking around here, just haven't felt like posting. Still struggling to get back into my LC groove.

BB, I've had stys before too and they Suck! I will have to try the ring trick next time. Usualy I just keep a warm cloth on it as much as possable to help it get better faster.

YAY ROBIN!!! It's so nice to go down a size! (I hear ya about the marshmallows, those little fruity ones get me everytime)

Lily those buttons could be worth a lot , I saw on program on TV once about a button colector and some of her buttons were worth thousands, just for one button!

It's nice to se so many new posters. I'll try to post more offten You all realy help to keep me motivaed.
My 5yr old nephew is comming today to stay with me for the week so that should keep me prety buisy.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 03:02 PM   #15  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

Aud. Posted at the same time.
I must get sexy boots too! I have been wanting a pair for so long, nice tall ones, but never able to find a pair that I like that fit my calves. even when I was 140 still couldn't find any that fit.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote