Hello! ... and alcohol question

• Hi everyone. I'm new around here and on my 5th day of low carbin' it. So far so good and I think I have been doing relatively well.

I've been eating (mostly) lean proteins, plenty of veggies, and nearly 100 oz. of water every day. I've had good results so far, having already lost 4 lbs in 5 days. My only indiscretions have been alcohol related. On Friday night I had 3 (or maybe 4) glasses of wine (which I read was fairly low carb) and tonight while watching the Packer game (woohoo!) I had 3 vodka and soda's (also low to no carb as far as I know). I know that alcohol is supposed to be a no-no the first two weeks, but unfortunately I can't seem to resist the weekend temptation. I've tried to keep my choices as carb friendly as possible, but.....

I am just curious if anyone else drank at all during those first two weeks or even after and if they noticed any effects on their progress?

Thanks in advance for your responses! I look forward to getting to know everyone!
  • Hello CrabbyCakes,
    When wondering what is best for low carb drinking and alchol, Its wine. However, you only are allowed 1-2. When you do more than that it will cause you to stall with your weight loss. The hard alchol is low carb but it will turns into sugar so you really want limit the intake of that.
    Just be careful you are doing great and it can cause you to stall on your progress. If you have to drink keep with what you are doing and make sure not to give into the great temptation of beer. That is my weakness and god do I love my micro-beers. Good luck. :>
    Danielle
  • No, I dont touch the stuff during induction...and keep it otherwise to scheduled times.

I just find when I drink alcohol I get serious munchies, so I have to be very careful!
  • dlm30 - Yeah, I know I went a bit overboard with the wine on Friday, eek, but luckily the scale has been merciful! I know what you mean about micro-brews too. I looooove beer. Its especially hard when a game is on. Beer and football are like two peas in a pod imo!

Robin - I was afraid of the munchies too, but luckily I didn't get any I couldn't keep at bay. I am planning on being more careful, but my birthday is next Saturday..wish me luck!
  • Yeah hard liquor does not have any carbs. But it's all in moderation, 1 or two drinks is what I say and not that often. When I drink, I can't trust the carb content in wine because it varies so much from wine to wine. If I remember correctly, dry red wine, dry white wine and never those sweet desert wines. If I have a beer, it will be one I know that is low in carb and when i doubt just go for the light. Still, try to stick to one drink.