Old 01-03-2008, 05:51 PM   #16  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Evenin'

BB~ I dont have a combo supp for both, I take one of each. So far so good. This Wednesday makes 2 weeks........I'll let you know how it goes.

Today was/is a tough day. I took dd shopping, and catching myself in the mirrors is always so discouraging. Ive been trying to picture myself as I want to be, not as I am (positive thinking) But seeing myself, just makes me want to run to the marshmallows

We are also having company for supper tonight, pizza and wings.......Ive got my meatballs and sauce warming up, and a ceasar salad on the side. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Something Ive changed in my way of thinking......

Ive always done the reward thing.
...when I get down 10lbs, I'll do this
...when I get down 20lbs, I'll do that
........but with all the negative thinking I was doing, it wasnt working. So, Im learning to see myself as I want to be, which means.....getting my nails done now, not when I think I'll look pretty enough for them. Getting the new winter coat that is beautiful now, not when I'll look thinner in it. Living how I want to look will bring about my results. My results will be stunning!! (keep it positive)

Im glad I just typed all that out, Ive been thinking it all day....and now Im feeling very positive, and that pizza isnt going to be an issue!!!!

Have a great evening ladies!

Last edited by RobinW; 01-03-2008 at 05:53 PM.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 08:57 PM   #17  

Robin - Very inspiring! I think as women, and as moms, we do and give to everyone else and put ourselves last. Then when we do think of ourselves we always put off getting/doing things until we think we deserve it more - but you are right! We need to treat ourselves properly NOW and we are deserving NOW! And if we do that then the results should come around more easily AND we will feel good about ourselves NOW! That feeling can be contagious and those around us will treat us better also.

Can you tell I just got back from Curves and am feeling GREAT!??!!!

Kel
Ms Spotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:47 AM   #18  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Feeling 75% better,but the meds are making me so sleepy,I nap more than I ever did,by siting on the sofa and the next min. I'm out.

Want to go grocery shopping with Leo,but he said NO WAY you staying indoors until the temps get a little warmer. So I'm stuck in the house until next week.

Aud-Wish I was feeling better to get my exercising down in the thread also.but I not ready for jumping around when not feeling well.Hopefully to be back next week.

Lily-You're an inspiration to this thread. Once I'm feeling better from this bacterial infection I will follow your path to success.

Lynn-You'll like fit day,I keep track of my calories,carbs & fats. and never knew what nutrient values were in the foods before using the web site.

Robin-Sorry for misunderstanding you. I be very interested in the results.Your correct when saying to think positive & not negative. I will have to stress on that also,as I have been the worst pessimist around,just ask my dh.He trying to pull be out and bring me into the light of optimism.

Have a nice Morning

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 11:18 AM   #19  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone,

Robin, I also love your optimism. Positive thinking really does help.

BB, I hope you feel better soon. Being sick totally sucks.

I had a great big workout again yesterday. Tomorrow the trainer will work with me to set me up a routine. I can definitely tell that I need to alternate which muscle group I'm working on. LOL, right now I am sore all over, LOL.

I am loving the swimming laps too. Except for an older guy that shared my lane and was Very talkative and a bit creepy yesterday. I tried to be nice but I wanted to just say "leave me alone".

My lowcarb eating is 100% on track again. I'm not having cravings and I don't feel starved. Atkins truly does help me to not feel starved!

BB, I'm glad you think I'm an inspiration. I screw up just as much as anyone else does. I think my health issues help bring me back to reality. That plus I refuse to buy bigger sizes. If my clothes get tight and ill-fitting, I get my butt back in gear. I can still remember losing 90 lbs. back in 1992 and slowly gaining 87 of them back, LOL.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 01:57 PM   #20  

Day Three! Made it to step class, but it was hard. I'm looking forward to getting back in the groove of exercise. I've been doing the class for two years. It's not usually that hard! My goal is to raise my step. I've been there before, but then the holidays came...
My New Year's Philsophy kinda goes along with what Kel said. This is the year for me to get healthy whatever it takes. I'm afraid that means not fixing DD's dinner as much. She's always welcome to eat my LC dinners, but she wants mac and cheese and Texas Toast. She can afford the carbs-she's a runner and very skinny. She's also 15 and able to put her own Texas Toast into the oven, but I do have some guilt about not cooking for my last child. I know she'll follow her brother and sister to college in a couple of years and I'll be devastated, but.... I need to lose the weight! And this is the year I do it.
I also have to take a harder line with DH when he's bugging me to do all the social stuff that always includes food and drink. He doesn't need it either. We have to find something to do together that's healthy! We're signed up for a ballroom dancing class that starts in a week or two. It includes a social hour with wine and snacks, but I can resist those, right?
So that's where I am for 2008. I just hope it works!
lynnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 03:39 PM   #21  
Lovin' Life

Another step to looking how I picture myself ..... My dd and I went shopping today, and they had an awesome sale at "the shoe dept" and I bought the boots Ive always wanted to wear with Jeans Ive been putting this off for years! No more!!

Things have been busy today, but Im keeping my eating on track.

Have a great day ladies!
Old 01-04-2008, 05:10 PM   #22  
lilybelle

lynnar, I'm right there with you. We have 2 fifteen yr. old girls. They beg for their carbs. I've just trained myself to cook it for them and not to eat it myself. It definitely proves to be a challenge at times. They are not "skinny" by no means and could benefit from eating less carbs the same as I can, but tell that to a teenager. The girls have now joined the gym with me and are loving working out, so I hope with their fast, young metabolisms that it will help them both.

My hardest time food-wise is when I pack my son's lunch late at night. It's definitely not low-carb or low-calorie or low-fat. He is very skinny and I give him what he wants to eat. I feel too guilty to make him pack it himself. He leaves next month to Iraq, so for now I'm gonna keep packing it for him and try to keep from drooling.

Robin, WTG on the boots. After reading your post , I may wear my boots out tonite. I love them but they make me about 6 feet tall, LOL.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:16 AM   #23  
Lovin' Life

Good Morning

It was a very late night last night, and a nice sleep in this morning

I did my cardio rather late last night, trying to keep myself busy. It seems my treadmill has a 45min limit. It starts to smell like its working too hard I dont like that at all....means Im going to have to purchase a new one soon. This one was such a deal, but I dont want to fork over many $$ for another. I was thinking about it last night, and a gym membership is cheaper, but I really dont like going to the gym to work out, especially if I have to go alone. Keep your fingers crossed the treadmill, lasts at least another 2 months

Still doing good here.....how is it going with you?
Old 01-05-2008, 03:01 PM   #24  
Lovin' Life

A wonderfully inspiring quote I came across today, and I thought I'd share.

"Just for today I will remember that I am getting better and becoming whole. I will realize that I have more to bring to a relationship than I did yesterday. Just for today my life is beautiful, I am beautiful, and I have all I need to get through the day." Katherine Gardner
Old 01-05-2008, 03:13 PM   #25  

Fast Saturday Post
It seems like I'm in the middle of three or four projects, but not getting anything done! I want to go bike riding with the kids, but my son rides my bike! I would have to make him fix Dad's bike and ride it and I don't want to fight with him. He's 20 and living in his first apartment so when he's around, I don't want to fight. Lillyb- if he was on his way to Iraq I would definitely fix his lunch every night and maybe breakfast and dinner too. I can cook carbs and not eat them - I use alot of easy stuff like Lipton Noodles and Sauce for that - but I'm thinking I'd do better to use the dinner hour to go go the gym or walk the dogs or something. I should stay out of the kitchen!
I guess I'm still living with Induction Flu (or else a sinus condition). I've been tired and headachy and kind of grouchy today. I can't seem to figure out what I want to do! It's a nice day here and I really want to be outside, but can't decide what to do. Oh Well.
Just thought I'd check in and remind myself that I'm still On Plan and going in the right direction, even if I feel crummy doing it.
lynnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 03:27 PM   #26  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

I'm getting better day by day,but this cabin fever is getting to me. I'm planning to bake some Revolution rolls Or Egg Bread today to keep me busy. I getting sick of egg white wraps for sandwiches. Leo also told me about A Golf Tournament that they having in Hawaii so will be watching that game.SORRY TIGER IS NOT IN THIS ONE TODAY.

Lily-That the best way to exercise is going to a gym and have a trainer that will work with you and give you your own routine. I 'm too lazy to go out to a gym. My sister & DD registered once and never went back.So I didn't want to fall in the same suit.Once I'm really better with more energy to spare I will get back to my walking & jogging tapes.Yes you always been my inspiration from the first day I came on this board 2 years ago. You proofed over & over again first by hitting your goal and than keeping it off,and when you went off a bit you went right back to getting down to your goal again.Hope I will be able to do that.

Lynn-Its hard to cook for someone else when your low carbing. I used to get angry at my DH when seeing him eat all the unhealthy food. Its Two years now since he had the cancer,and he eating healthy now. He cooks what he like and I cook the low carbing way,But hes losing weight & inches and he not on a diet. Go Figure. Good Luck with your ballroom dancing,that sound so exciting I love to try that with my DH but he doesn't like dancing.

Robin-Good for you to treat yourself to boots. You have the right Idea.I guess we all should allow ourselves things that we put off until later. Later might never come.Thanks for posting the inspiring quote.

Have to go,back to my golf game. on tv.

Have a good weekend

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 09:02 PM   #27  

Been online most of the day, reading low-carb websites and such. picked up the "Half Their Size" people magazine issue last night....some really inspiring stories.

Maryann - yes, i do ride. I've been on bikes my whole life. my dad had several different bikes while i was growing up and my husband had one when he was in the military when we were dating and got a new one after we got married. I took the safety course & got my license in 2006. I love it!!
SunChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 11:00 PM   #28  
lilybelle

Hi everyone,

My new gym membership is working great for me and the girls are still loving to go. My eating is right on target and I feel so much better than when I was in my carb-crazed fog throughout the holidays.

DH and I went to our Karoke club last night. It was so much fun and we danced quite a bit. A big plus to getting myself back on plan was my jeans felt looser last night (they had gotten a bit snug).

Today I had a great session with my trainer and learned some of the machines that I hadn't the foggiest on how to use. LOL. I plan to do a lot of swimming at the gym tomorrow.

Robin, here's hoping your treadmill holds out. I bought mine off a lady at DH's work that never used hers (for only $50.00). I lost all my weight basically just walking and doing low-carb. At that time, I couldn't afford a gym membership. Funny thing is today I saw the lady at my gym that I bought that treadmill off of. She has now decided to start exercising.

lynnar, my son usually wants potatoes, rice or pasta with his meals. I cook it for him. I really don't mind. Of course somedays it's easier for me to resist the carbs than other days. I just try to do my best at staying out of it. I would cook 3 meals a day for him gladly, but he doesn't ever want breakfast before work . I do make his lunch and dinner.

On Monday we have to go fill out the papers to give me Power of Attorney for my son during his deployment. This is all getting very real and very close! It is so scary.

BB, you WILL be able to do it to. You have really stuck with this new lifestyle change. You've proven that you aren't a quitter. Of course noone is perfect and we will all have our challenges and setbacks. Getting back up on that horse is the main thing. Hanging out in the Maintainers chat room has really helped me alot. Those gals there are really great and such great advice and information and a willingness to help keep the support coming. They all struggle too, just like the rest of us.
Old 01-05-2008, 11:54 PM   #29  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

*resurfacing*

Hiya All!

Been struggling with the latenights - and then had to be at work today on an off day-early a.m.-body clock =
Have been reading around the site and feeling my resolve coming back - robin - your positive thinking is rubbing off - did my nails tonight for the first time in MONTHS!

Good to cya again sunchick! My sis LOVES CURVES msspotsuperdoggie! I'm still @ the Y . . . love it there when I go & 10 yr old Tess is thru the swimming levels.

Glad you're getting better beachie . . . The Crud is hanging on for me as well - dayung headache just keeps coming back - along with the yuks . . . I'm upping my water as of tomorrow - hoping I can flush this out of my system!

Congrats robin, lynnar & lilyB! You all sound like you're really on track - an inspiration to struggling me!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 10:41 AM   #30  
lilybelle

Hi everyone,

I joined you all on the exercise thread. Please hold me accountable to keeping this butt a moving.