low carb/low sugar spaghetti sauce?

• Have a question: anyone know of a low carb/low sugar (per serving) spaghetti sauce? Brand name?

Thanks!
  • Quote: Have a question: anyone know of a low carb/low sugar (per serving) spaghetti sauce? Brand name?

Thanks!
    well, i KNOW walden farms makes a zero-everything marinara sauce but to be honest, it frightens me. i've never tried it, but the idea of a "zero-everything" anything makes me wonder what's really in it...

some other brands make "no added sugar" sauces as well, hunts, i think makes one and that might be easier to find in the grocery store... i think that's 6g/serving but i don't know what's in it...

I would also check the organic section of your local grocery or a local health food or organic store.. you're more likely to find a sauce, possibly local, that is no added sugar(and there shouldn't be added sugar in pasta sauce unless it's going on pizza anyway!!!), no HFCS, etc. the sauce itself might be a little higher in carbs due to the naturally occuring sugars in tomatoes but it won't have gone through any chemical processes and will probably be better tasting!
  • Classico makes a few that are good, florentine spinach and spicey red pepper, walmart has it or safeway. It is low in carbs and has no sugar added.
  • The best I know is:

Take:

* 300 grams of pasta
    * 200 grams of tuna
    * 400 grams of tomatoes
    * 2 Eggplants
    * A bunch of basil
    * Garlic
    * Extra virgin olive oil
    * Salt

Fry a bit the garlic in a pan with extra virgin olive oil and add tomatoes.

Cook for ten minutes and add the tuna.

Fry the eggplant cut in cubes.

Boil pasta and place in pan with tuna and tomatoes, add the eggplant and mix them at high flame.
  • I would think any tomato based pasta sauce will have carbs in them being there are carbs in tomatoes themselves. Have you tried making an alfredo sauce using parmesan cheese, cream, and, I think some butter. Haven't made it in awhile so not quite sure of the ingredients but I know I have it somewhere on this computer if your interested.
  • You should always check ingredients. Tomato based pasta sauce will have some carbs because of the tomatoes. However, if you read ingredients you will see that there is usually added sugar. You can find pasta sauces without the added sugar, you just have to look for them. Sometimes organic products do not have the added sugar, but make sure you read the ingredients. You can find sugarfree pasta sauces in a regular grocery store, you just have to look. You may want to try Trader Joe's, Whole Foods or Fresh Fields. Good luck.
  • I'm pretty sure Francisco Rinaldi makes a pasta sauce with no added sugar. It tastes very bland though and not sure of the carb count.