Old 12-05-2007, 05:10 PM   #1  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Low Card and Headaches?

First off, do suffer from migraines.

Since I started doing low-carb (<20 carbs per day) about 2 weeks ago, I've developed a recurring headaches on the back of my head, right side, base of the skull. They aren't really "headaches" like I normally get. With a normal migraine, if I touch the achy area, it hurts like mad. With these, though, it's almost like a painful itch. If I rub or scratch the area, they go away (for a while). It's not pounding, either, it's more like taking your finger and pushing on one part of your skull.

They aren't particularly painful, just annoying, that's why I'm not particularly concerned. I'm sure it could be anything (that TOM, too much caffeine from the tea, pulled muscle, weather changes...you name it) but the low-carb seemed to be the more obvious culprit.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? Not that particular description, but headaches in general while starting?
Altari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 05:35 PM   #2  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 320/246/170

Height: 5'7

yes i started the low carb diet on monday and i have been getting headaches i mean they are not painful but they are there, and i very usually get a headache but the diet is working i have lost 7 pounds since monday so i am pretty sure they will go away....
Stephanie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 05:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 106/106-107/103-100

Height: 5' 1.5''

I never had headaches when I tried low-carb but was never able to sleep normally, so I ended up always feeling like zombie, the main reason I went off low-carb. Anyone experienced sleeping problems or mental fogginess?
Zepher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 12:22 AM   #4  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

Its normal to get headaches in the beginning but they will go away. If you are still having headaches after the first week or so you may be dehydrated so drink a lot of water. Also you should also be taking a good multivitamine.

I do sometimes have trouble sleeping, I have so much more energy and need less sleep and less coffee.
I seem to have a lot less mental foggieness. And I'm getting a lot more done with all the extra energy.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 09:42 PM   #5  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

Height: 5'6"

I had to abandon it today, unfortunately. It was just too cold, and spending too much time outside. I've been incredibly cold since I started, and it got awful last night. I jacked the heat up to 70 degrees and I just could NOT get warm, and it lasted until noon today. I had some carbs and started warming up again. I guess uber cold weather is NOT the time to start this, lol..

Also, I think I did hit ketosis, because I had this really weird taste in my mouth for a few days. Is that normal? It was incredibly unpleasant.
Altari is offline   Reply With Quote