Old 11-30-2007, 07:52 AM   #31  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Height: 5'6"

I had Taco Bell last night, let me explain, not make a excuse, but just explain cause i am pretty upset about it. Well I finally got my dr to approve me for some meds on the generics list so i could get them at 4 bucks YESTERDAY! I have been off my thyroid and BLOOD Pressure meds for about a week now. I started feeling funny yesterday heading into my second job, but I just shook it off. By hour 2 they were sending me out of the store cause i was feeling like my heart was going to blow up. Well my brother was there and he ran to the pharmacy (i work at walmart) and got my meds, well you have to eat with it or it makes you throw up. So we went straight to the closest place which was taco bell, i only had the smallest taco they had, but still. Finally about 45 minutes later i started feeling better. I have never been so scared in my life. Why do they have to make it so expensive to buy medications? I weighed myself this morning and I am down 3 pounds for the week, but I am sure that taco will show its ugly face tomorrow. I have already jumped back OP today. So we shall see.....
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 10:17 AM   #32  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Feeling a lot better today,and so much to do. I have to go to my senior singing group today,get there early to get our singing books out of the locked cabinets,as the gal in charge is not going to be there. Than tonight the condo association is going to have a meeting for all the owner.Prosed budgets,elect officers and all kinds of junk.
I rather be curled up on the sofa with a hot cup of chocolate watching a good movie.

I'm finding that adding carbs back to my diet I losing a .5 a day and Hopefully it will continue and that I'll have a good W-I tomorrow

Have to go, willpost later after I get back from my singing group.

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 03:15 PM   #33  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

That's just AWFUL ilmike4a! & a big ole !!! for good measure on the prescription cost fiasco! Touching a nerve with me 'cause we had yet another "cardiac event" in my district last nite - at the hospital AGAIN til 5am . . . all three cases have turned out ok Thank God - just like you - but PLEASE quit beating yourself up over the taco!!!! So glad you got your meds - blood pressure is nothing to fool with as you know.

I over carbbed again - but didn't binge so that's good - determined to have a GREAT OP WEEKEND - with lots of time at the Y . . . anyone want to join me?
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 06:11 PM   #34  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

The family wants tacos tomorrow night. Is there some sort of healthier version I can have that y'all know about? I really would like to partake too, lol!
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 11:32 PM   #35  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
The family wants tacos tomorrow night. Is there some sort of healthier version I can have that y'all know about? I really would like to partake too, lol!
There is a taco salad in the recipe section that is really tastey!

.....still struggling here.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 02:04 PM   #36  
aud
lc lifestyle

Happy Saturday LC'ers = so good to "see ya" robin!

My Saturday Plans are to get off this here 'puter and work out at the Y . . . then we're going to finish up all the Christmas decorations and hopefully get the tree UP!

I'll be back later with my menu plan - have no idea yet - I know I know . . . not planning can be a "bad thing" for me but just too groggy from the sleeping pill I had to take to plan right now . . . hope everyone is having a Great Day!

GO TIGERS!
Old 12-01-2007, 02:26 PM   #37  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Nothing new,I forgot to W-I this morning so I plan to do so tomorrow instead.Hope I can move my ticker down a bit,that would make me happy.

Not going to put my decorations up until next week,have to decide how to move my furniture around fort the tree as I have a small house.

Howdy ROBIN- happy to see you posting.

ILOVEMIKE-Congrats on your3-lb loss. Sorry about your pharmacy episode.They should tell you that you should eat when you have those meds. I know prescriptions are getting very expensive. Luckily most of us have health insurance plans that pay for some of them.

AUD-Have fun with your Christmas decorating. and have a great day.

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 12-01-2007 at 02:27 PM.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:09 AM   #38  
aud
lc lifestyle

Don't think I told you that we have a Thanksgiving Tradition of going to a lil church way out in the country at some point in the festivities to enter all the great raffles and shop at the church bazaar - this year since lil one was so sick me and my niece just made a quick trip near the end of the gala - I ended getting a sack of turnips from a closing booth and the dear lady ended up combining like 4 bags in one so she wouldn't have to lug them home. Forgot about them for a week or so but tonight I've been googling low carb turnip recipes and have been amazed at the variety and yummy-sounding-ness!

(Almost started a Thread: "Turnips . . . who knew?")

There's recipe's for Garlic Mashed I'm going to try and then another one for FRENCH FRIES that I plan to try tomorrow for the football game.

Yeah, that's a glimpse into my exciting Saturday Nite people - Googling Turnip recipes!!! ROTF!!!!

Had an AWESOME work-out at the Y today & ate totally OP. Taking 1/2 sleeping pill so I can get up super early for church.

TTYAL!
Old 12-02-2007, 10:43 AM   #39  

Default Hi Guys!

I'm just starting on a low carb diet, and I was hoping yall can look over the menu i planned for today and tell me if i'm on track! My sister and aunt have been doing low carb (one is doing under 40 carbs, the other under 130 per day). I haven't really decided if i like the idea of doing under 40 or under 130, so i'm just sort've feeling it out and deciding which plan i like more.

OK, so for breakfast I went with a scrambled egg mix (3 eggs, a small amount of sausage (2 carbs per serving), onions and bell pepper, sprinkled with cheddar, and i don't really care for eggs, so I mixed in a tablespoon of salsa on top that had 3 grams of carbs, just for a little bit of flavor.
For lunch, i was thinking of a big salad with maybe ham or turkey tons of veggies and a low carb ranch dressing (3 carbs per serving on the dressing) and for dinner, i was thinking of having some seasoned chicken breast with some steamed brocolli. For snacks I have FF SF jello and maybe an extra bowl of steamed veggies.

Ok, so how does that sound?
Thanks so much for the help!
stephiexo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 01:14 PM   #40  
aud
lc lifestyle

Welcome steph!

Your menu sounds lc to me & also very healthy. I really recommend reading Dr. Atkins Book - it will help you so much in deciding what's best for you on your journey and the science behind it.

At the top of this page is a "Sticky" for a December Challenge we're having . . . we'd love you to join us but if not - we're posting our menu's there (all at various carb levels) so you'll be able to get ideas there.

Best of luck on your journey and hope to cya around!
Old 12-02-2007, 01:21 PM   #41  
aud
lc lifestyle

Having the best de-stressing weekend I've had in . . . well I don't know when! Maybe, just maybe. I'm getting better at handling the emotional triggers that historically plague me on down time? *about time!*

This night shift bod even had so much energy that I WOKE UP EARLY ON MY OWN!!! (That 44 oz of water at bedtime played a part too!!!!) Took Tess to Hand Bell & Christmas Pageant practice and then enjoyed the service. Tons of errands to run - then off to the Y . . . (upper body weights today - along with elliptical) . . . then it's full on Christmas decorating.

The weatherman here in MO sure got it wrong - we were supposed to have freezing rain/winter alert blah blah blah - it's overcast but 62 freakin' degrees!

ttyal!
Old 12-02-2007, 02:35 PM   #42  
beachbum

Posted the December Exercising Thread. It should be up shortly.

Nothing new on my end. I'm going to w-i tomorrow,as I forgot to do so over the weekend.

AUD-A small church in the country sound s beautiful. I love turnips. Are they the yellow or purple top onces. I use the purple top ones to make low carb french fries. I not sure where I found the recipe but you might try Linda site.We have it cold up here temps are in the 20's We'd love to have the 60's.

STEPH-Welcome to the board.What low carb diets are you talking about when you mention 40 carbs & 130 carbs. When starting Atkins you go as a low as 20 carbs for 2 weeks[induction] an than add 5 gram back every weeks on the [OWL]ongoing weight loss.. Your menu look good.

Hugs BB
Old 12-02-2007, 08:42 PM   #43  
aud
lc lifestyle

No sooner did I Post about the 62 degrees - the rain came and the temperature has steadily dropped all day long - thinking it's in the lower 40's now or colder!

It's no wonder we all take turns getting sick around here!

Stay warm beachie!

PS: The turnips are the purple topped ones and the recipe called for soaking in heavy cream to take the "wang" out/turnipy taste.

Last edited by aud; 12-02-2007 at 08:44 PM.