Old 11-27-2007, 11:30 PM   #16  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Height: 5'6"

Hello Ladies! Glad to hear that everyone is doing good and DIVA way to go. I have been OP for 2 days now. I am trying to stay away from the scale, but it honestly doesnt matter to me either way cause I rather go by inches, they seem to go faster for me than the pounds. I need to get some stuff to make a salad cause i have been craving one tremendously, well i gotta get into bed. I will check in with you tomorrow.
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 08:23 AM   #17  
It's my perogative!

Well the scale was up this morning, but I dont care. I am staying OP. Just wanted to check in. Off to make breakfast and lunch.

P.S It has a lot to do too with me being off my thyroid meds, but I am calling the doc today to see if she can get me a generic so i can get the 4$ deal at walmart cause I dont have insurance right now.

Last edited by ilovemike4alwayz; 11-28-2007 at 08:24 AM.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:48 AM   #18  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

We slept in again,too cold to get out of bed. Busy day ahead of us. Leo has to got to the doctor for his annual physical this morning and I have to get to choir practice this afternoon.

Haven't done anything out of the OP either since Monday having all those carbs.I lost some of my over sodium lunch,and hope I lose the rest by this Saturday W-I.

AUD-That a good idea to measure,have to do that today.I always forget that the tape is a good way to see progress other than the scale. But do I do that NO!! and than I get depressed when the scale goes up.

DIVA-Don't be too hard on your self with the cookies,we all do that, just pick yourself up and try again.I'm now finding that if I eat too many carbs[60=130] per day my weight doesn't effect me. The lower I go the weight goes up.Don't know for sure if I found my balance. I have to keep testing.

ILOVEMIKE-Glad that your stayed OP for two days, of course the measuring tape is more important than the scale,but do we use it ,NO!! I have to start using the tape more often myself. Oh Yes having thyroid problems would effect the scale.

Have a great morning

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 11:30 AM   #19  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Thumbs up

I'm doing pretty good, even with the cookies. Did I mention Mama sent my fav cookies from back home? OMG. Anywho, I am having a couple in moderation and just keeping them hidden and keeping the healthy snacks handy. I have found if I keep the carbs between 70 - 150 I can lose 2 or more lbs a week and that's just fine with me. I don't need to lsoe 5 a week to be happy.

I'm gonna measure on WI day, Monday. I should (hopefully) be minus 10 lbs by then and have decided to take my measurments every 10 pounds.

Yeah I saw that with Kim & B last night on The Biggest loser. Then I went to see how much the sodium was in the Tomato soup I ate for dinner and OMG! Unbelievable! Guess I need to steer clear of soup for a while...
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 01:34 PM   #20  

Hello, another check in just to sort of hold my place here on the thread. I didn't start induction on Monday after all. In the "If it's not one thing, it's another" department I woke up Sunday with an infected tooth and felt really really really bad for three days. In fact, I felt so bad I wasn't totally sure it was a tooth issue but I guess the oral surgeon convinced me today that it was the impacted wisdom tooth. It took until this morning for the anti-biotics to start working and now I finally feel a little more like I'll survive the whole thing.
I haven't' been OP, but I haven't been eating much either. But I guess I'll wait a little while before I start over with induction. I have too many distractions right now including the upcoming wisdom teeth extraction. Can hardly wait for that!
Right now I don't even have food in the house since Monday was supposed to be my shopping day.
I'll stay low carb though. I've decided that I would rather have low carb for breakfast no matter what because it means not being completely starving when lunch rolls around. I wish I could eat eggs (food allergy) because now my breakfasts are never traditional breakfast food, but I'll probably keep eating leftover meats for breakfast even if it's a little weird. Hopefully I can stay lc enough to maintain until after Christmas and then start over in January. I hate to put it off, but I have all kinds of stress going on right now with work and kids and the holidays... There's always something!
So, if you guys don't mind, I'll be around some in December and then come back as a real Low Carber in January. Thanks, Lynn
lynnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 02:19 PM   #21  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Wednesday already? Been a Post-Holiday Blur at work - lots of issues . . . never ends.

Not sure I've mentioned how I like your eyes in your avatar pic ilovemike . . . been experimenting with eye make-up here in my Menopause Mania . . . never comes out right for me tho'. Great Job with your plan (and eyes! LOL!)

Hiya lynnar! Glad you checked in - hope you do no matter what you got going on! Just went thru some infected tooth drama myself - misery with the pain/anti-biotics/root canal - unfortunately didn't lose my appetite tho! Never that. Hang in there!

Ahhhh yes, the tale of the tape beachie! I kept losing my measurements anywhere I wrote them so stuck them in the sticky "Bio" and am glad to be able to retrieve them at last! Glad you & diva are finding what works best for you!

Heading out early . . . again . . . ttyal!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 04:25 PM   #22  

Aud, I knew someone had been having dental issues, but I couldn't remember who. Did you stay OP while going through all that? I don't think I can do it. It's been really painful. I had a salad today for lunch, but that's the first one I've had lately since the thought of cold and crunchy made me feel even worse. But I'm sure not wanting anything hard to chew either. Soup would probably be the best choice for me, but I can't think of too many that I know are low carb. But while it's unusual for me- I really have lost my appetite lately and that's o.k. since I don;t have the energy to cook. I'm a mess!!
lynnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 07:27 PM   #23  
It's my perogative!

Hey ladies, well I made it thru another day. I have the Atkins Blahs. I am supposed to be leaving for my second job right now and all i wanna do is sleep.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:28 PM   #24  
It's my perogative!

Thank you Aud about my eyes. It just takes practice.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:16 PM   #25  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi, Thanks for the reminder about the inches. I'll have to do mine again, the scale is just depressing me with going up and down everyday. I'v been doing pretty good staying OP but I had a bit of a high carb day today. and I think I've been drinking to much coffee. I don't know what else is effecting me, I'm just not losing.

I love mike, I take thyroid pills too, here in Canada there is no generic for thyroid meds. I hope you get them soon, It sucks going without them, even for a short time.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 09:44 PM   #26  
It's my perogative!

I drank so much water today, but i still feel dehydrated. Still Op on day 2, almost cheated myself yesterday morning with that "oh well only one more day wont hurt" but i didnt give into myself. why are the weekends so hard to make it thru? i dont understand it.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:21 AM   #27  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Good morning LC'er Friends, I am in good spirits this am but I feel like ****. I got a cold or whatever it was just before T-day and some day's I feel a little better and then other like last night and today I feel like crap. My throat is raw, I am coughing up yucky green stuff...I know TMI...sorry... I can't get my car to get to my doc that's an hour away.... then to top it off, I called my doc to see if something could be "called in" for me and I am informed that my doc, the 3rd one in 2 yrs is no longer there and I have yet ANOTHER new doc, grrrrrrrrrrr State medical SUCKS! I can't wait to get married so I can get a decent doc 10 miutes up the dang road....Oops, sorry I went off a bit.

I guess I'll take it easy today. I don't even feel like eating anything, unless it's warm and soft, the throat hurts too bad.....

Ilove Mike, Weekends are especially hard for me becaue the guys are home and they snack and snack and the fiance' loves to cook, so usually I have to deal with the smell of wonderful tatsting, yet high carbs foods all weekend long. It sucks and it's hard, but he seems to be doing a little better is is more supportive now that he sees this is actually working for me. No other diet ever did. Not even WW.
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 02:20 PM   #28  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Wasn't feeling well this morning,so I slept in again. Don't know what it is,just that I caught it from Leo. Its more like a mild flu and I have some of the symptoms .Hope it gone,by the time we head down to NY for our Christmas holiday.

Leo went to the doctor yesterday for a physical and the results come in this morn and all is fine.

DivaJust heard it on ABC news that sodium causes the biggest part of heart disease,so the government is go to step forward and ask the food manufacturers to lower the sodium in there foods.Thats a big step forward for us ladies that are trying to diet w/o all the water retention that sodium bring on.Sorry your don't feel well,hope your on the mend soon.

AUD-Forgot to measure myself this morning. Have to put a post-it on my refrig to remained me to use the tape.

ILOVEMIKE-We all have days like that. Just do the best you can,and it will come off.

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 03:08 PM   #29  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Yeah weekends are hard for me too. As an emotional eater/binger just about EVERYTHING about being surrounded by carbs in this processed carb laden world is hard, ya know?

The biggest thing I've overcome by being a member here at 3fc is easing up on myself when I do sucuumb to temptation/old bad habits. I'd be so hard on myself it was unreal . . . and of course, that would lead to the whole "WTH let's eat crazy-I give up" for days/weeks/months/years etc.

Fell on my face from 1am to 5am hospital vending machines *insert eye roll icon* . .. picking myself right back up today.

Glad to hear Gramps is better mmavis! And so hoping you get to feeling better beachie & diva. Everybody at work has what you are describing - mild but miserable.

Yes, that was me lynn with the tooth misery. STILL haven't got my new crown on but the root canal solved my misery-woes. iirc I DID stay OP - mainly because like you said, the thought of a salad etc made me nauseous and just didn't feel like eating anything. Hope you & puncie will join us in the December Challenge . . . we're not competitive at all I don't think - just trying to be AWARE - carb mindful during one of the most stressful months of the year.

Not sure what the scale will show at the end of it but am psyched about remembering the INCHES . . . one of the things I love the most about low carb is my body changes form regardless of the scale.

Off to visit at the hospital b4 work - ttyal . .
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 07:35 PM   #30  
It's my perogative!

Ok so I am still going strong on day 3. Had a steak and salad for lunch and it was delicious. I am off to work my second job. Will check in later.