Old 11-16-2007, 05:26 AM   #1  
Low Carb Newbie

Height: 5'8"

Default Has Low-Carb Changed Your Daily Routine?

Hi everyone,

I'm just finishing the first week of Induction, and I'm feeling pretty great. I've lost some water weight, I'm not feeling particularly hungry, and I'm tracking my food and seeing that my carb intake is right where it should be - so far so good.

I have noticed that as the week progressed, I've watched less and less television. I work half-days most of the week, and in the past I would come home at noon feeling tired and ravenous, eat a vast carb load (tortilla chips and salsa, etc.), and lay on the couch for the rest of the day in a stupor, watching television, and feeling convinced that this was all the energy I had.

Well yesterday, I watched no television - simply forgot. I puttered around the house, sat at the computer, did a few useful things - not like I ran a marathon, but still far more busy than I'm used to. What gives?

So tell me, fellow low-carbers, has your daily routine/mood/energy level changed dramatically?
RoseJasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 06:23 AM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

I believe eating low carb & shedding the pounds definitely increases your energy level therefore, causing you to have a desire to do more than come in from work, stuff your face with unhealthy, high carb foods & then plop yourself down on the sofa for the evening.

I actually have the energy now to leave work, go to the grocery store, come home & fix myself a low carb meal, and then actually exercise each evening!!!
Who'd have ever thought I'd have gotten to this point!!!

The low carb lifestyle has been a life saver for me & I'll never turn back!!!

All the best to you!!!

Kim
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 02:12 PM   #3  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

I have much more energy when on Low carb. I go to bed later and get up earlier and get a lot more done. I do spend less time eating and thinking about eating . And I feel a LOT better!
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 07:28 PM   #4  
New

S/C/G: 250/250/180

This is my second time duing the low carb, and the only reason that I got off of it before was due to a crap load of changes that happened in my life at the same time. Anyway the first time i did my energy was amazing, I actually wanted to work out - (not just told my self that I needed too) i would be sitting down and say - I need to go walking and I would.

I am on my second official day, and I will tell you that I deffinitely already feel my engery getting kick started.

I cant wait for the next few days when it will really get into full swing.
CLCmom is offline   Reply With Quote