Old 10-29-2007, 08:14 AM   #1  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Weekly Chat for Oct 29-Nov 5

ok ladies I wanted to say good morning to you all. I am officially starting induction today. I didnt get to start when I wanted to but still did manage to lose 5 pounds. I am running extremely late so i will check in with you guys later. everyone have a great day.
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 09:43 AM   #2  
beachbum

Good morning Ladies

Thanks ilovemike for starting us up this week.Happy to hear that you lost 5 lbs without being on induction.

I started a new diet,as I posted in last weeks thread. I don't know if it will work,but I have to try something that will make me lose again. The low carb way of life helped a little while but not anymore.

I'm now on the new diet and I'm not hungry at all having 5 meals instead of 3 large ones.The plan is similar to the beach,and it filling like low carbing. Will keep you up to date on my progress. Today starts my strength training exercisers for 5 days a week. Another change I'm making is NOT to weigh myself every day,and eat SLOWLY.

Have to go,will post later

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 10:40 AM   #3  
Going to ONEderland

Good morning. My lifting yesterday felt wonderful on my neck back and shoulders. As I age I find that I'm getting hunched over back there from too many years of bad posture and possibly the beginnings of osteoporosis. (my mother has it bad). Anyway I felt great yesterday, worked nearly all the kinks out of my spine, and now today everything I worked yesterday is stiff and aching with lactic acid.

Can't win it seems. Anyway I'll take some glutamine (an amino acid that helps with the after exercise achys) and go to work. Work it out again tomorrow.

I'd like to start induction today, but there is so much junk food in the house right now I'm not sure I can. I usually have to plan to be rid of this stuff before I begin. Otherwise I set myself up to fail. So no promises, but I am going to try.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:17 PM   #4  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Where did October go?

Where did the WHOLE YEAR go, for that matter?

'Mornin All! Was supposed to get up super early and do all the things I couldn't get done over the weekend - didn't happen. Moving on . . .

WTG ilvemike! Now just think of the WHOOOSH you're sure to get from really being on Induction!! Keep going Girl!

Sending beachie all the best vibes and well wishes as you start your new journey! "Perseverance"
is your middle name Girl!! - LOVE the way you keep on keeping on! Glad you're keeping us Posted!

Hiya Sherry! I remember that you were my first LC Bud here @ 3fc . . . we kept starting Induction together all over again - do you remember? I basically gave up from March to July of this year but have re-committed to just keep Posting/trying no matter if I "fall and can't get up" or not, ya know? "Talking" the bad times out here has really helped me thru some rough spots from July to present . . . when I lose my motivation (I recommitted to LC/healthy life on my Beloved Mom's Birthday in July - gone 10 yrs now - heart disease) and the gals here have just been super inspiring when I lose focus. Hope the same happens for you when you just can't find your "click moment" etc - it's great that you're making some changes even tho' you haven't had like an epiphany/burning bush - gradual steps in the right direction certainly add up too, I think.

Thinking of weights - I burned the gym UP yesterday - I'm on a new plan of MORE weight and less reps . . . can't remember where I read about doing that on here somewhere. I concentrate on perfect form and breathing now - and doesn't take nearly as long as all the light reps I was doing - so feel like I'm more likely to actually GO to the gym, ya know?

UBER careful with this - don't want to have anymore back surgery in this lifetime!!

I alternate days . . . UPPER was yesterday - tonight will be legs & back. I will do abs everyday - if you could see this gut - you'd know why!

Babbled long enuf here - Hope everyone will check in - where are ya missyfluffs??? Poor lilyb must not have EVAH come up for air! No word from landslide/wildfire bouncie either.

Have a Great Manic Monday All!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 05:59 PM   #5  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

Congrats on the 5 lbs! ILmike. And good luck with your induction. Good to see you posting again.

BB, I think the 5 mini meals is a great idea.

Sherry, good idea to get rid of the junk, at least for the first week or so when the cravings are the worst.

Aud, Time to get ready to rock november! Sometimes a little extra sleep is more important than getting things done.
I so admire all of you who lift wieghts. I have to try it someday.

I've been OP for about a week now and feeling realy good. still need to work on exercise and water but I'm back down to 193 this morning. I am so excited to get to the 180s.
Today instead of giving into the stress and cheating, I had a piece of lindt 85% chocolate it has only 4 net grams for 3sq. and I only ate 2sq. (the squares are big) made with real cocoabutter, it is so good, compleately satisfied my cravings. The last time I bought regular chocolate I didn't even like it anymore. I'm so hooked on the lindt 85%. even if I eat the whole thing the carbs aren't that bad. (Thanks Jerseygrl for the suggestion)
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 12:03 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 160/133.5/117

Height: a lil under 5'4"

Hey everyone! I just wanted to let everyone know I'M STILL HERE I am still in the process of moving and a TON of other changes in my life and I'll be back on the boards once the dust has settled. But yeah, I miss you guys! You're so inspirational and helpful on keeping me on track. I shall return
krawhitham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 03:49 AM   #7  
Going to ONEderland

Hi Aud,

Yes more weight, less reps. Makes much more sense that way. Don't forget to warm up before you increase the weights though. Lifting works by tearing muscle fibers and then when you take a few days off the muscles heal and grow stronger. Light weights and many reps, really doesn't do much. Your body gets used to it and there are not really any strength gains. On the other hand you have to make sure those muscles are warm before you try any heavy weight or you could injure yourself.

I didn't really do a serious workout session, I was mainly trying to make my back feel more straight, strong and limber. It had that effect on Sunday, but today it felt stiff and sore. Do it enough and it will feel good, that stiffness will go away. But can't do it every day or no gains made, you just keep tearing muscle fiber and it doesn't have time to heal. The gains are made during "rest periods". Of course, it is aerobics that burns fat, weight lifting really doesn't, it just makes muscle fiber that increases your metabolism so that when you aren't exercising you burn more calories to support that muscle.

I love lifting. Not sure why I'm so lazy that I rarely do it. Lack of time I guess. Got sick today, not going to work tomorrow. Maybe I'll lift some more in the morning.

Didn't get back on induction yet. I think it is very hard to do LC without a lot of planning. Hard to go to lunch and eat without having any bread. Limits your choices so much. I guess if I really want to do this, I'll have to start taking my lunch.

Last edited by SherryA; 10-30-2007 at 03:51 AM. Reason: spelling errors
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 08:17 AM   #8  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Ok so I got my true weight this morning. I am not down 5lbs, i am down 2 still. I also think I goofed yesterday on my first day of induction cause I dont think i was supposed to have beans. Well here is to a new day. Dont know if i should count this as day 1 or 2 oh well.
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 10:05 AM   #9  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

What I thought was sinus problems turned into a bad head cold. I'm glad that I don;t have any appointments that I have to break except for a having my hair cut. The new diet is working as far as hunger is concerned. I'm not going on the scale until my Sat. W-I. I don't want to get my head messed up,like the scale was doing to me weighing in everyday.

Portion control or eating less is the key that will unlock the door. I'm learning that myself, by eating less,having 5 mini meals instead of 3 large ones,I'm in control and don't have to rely on food,as I'm very hungry.

I hope this diet will work also,this 20 lb gain must be removed some way,and I not going to give up. I'm going to fight this weight loss battle.

Sherry-Sorry to hear about your back.Be careful of those weights. I'm into strength training but I use 2 lb weight. I have the big O's and I have to be careful with my back. Can't do any floor exercises,have to do them standing up.

Aud-Thanks I'm going to try hard to get this weight off once and for all. Like I posted above this thing is not going to win.I'm now learning that portion control really works.

Puncezilla-The 5 mini meals are not hard to make. I just cook the same but the left overs are for the following week.Glad that you found the chocolate trick that working for you.I don't have s sweet tooth,but when it come to salty snacks I can't refuse I guess we're all different.

Kraw-Good luck in the moving, I know what your doing though. The worse move for me was to for a different state. Gong to miss you.,just what ever don't stress out.

ilovemike-So you made a mistake 2 lbs is nothing to sneeze at. Congrats for getting that off.

Have a great morning

Hugs BB
Old 10-30-2007, 01:59 PM   #10  

Hello, Still plugging away with the world's slowest metabolism. I'm starting week seven with about a pound a week to show for my efforts. I guess it's something, right? I do feel better though so it must be worth it! I was hoping that once my body got used to the low carb, it would start burning up the pounds more quickly, but not so far. I think I am pretty well adjusted. I'm not usually real hungry and I don't have the cravings anymore. Last night I made pasta for the family and only tasted the meat sauce - not the pasta. That's good for me. I still tend to eat more cheese then I should, but I stopped bringing the cheese sticks to work for a snack In fact, I don't have anything for a snack at work. When I'm home I'm likely to go for a chunk of cheddar cheese, but I usually have some leftover meat of some kind in the frig so I have options.
On Saturday, I know I went over my carb limit "tasting" sausage at a "taste of" event. The only thing close to being Atkins-friendly was sausage and ham, no unprocessed protein available. I did manage to avoid the tortillas, biscuits, and a whole section of sweets. I did all right on Sunday, but DH burned the two steaks I bought. One side was black and crispy! I didn't kill him though. Then yesterday I made a bunch of leftovers (on purpose). They have the pasta, but I have a couple of burgers and some chicken breast that just need a little zap. So I'll keep plugging for a little longer.
I missed two days at the gym on Friday and Monday (funny how real life interfers!) I took DD and a friend bike riding on Sunday to make up for missing my WO's, but the friend got a flat tire and we had to cut it short. But I did make it to the gym today for some eliptical and some crunches. Tomorrow I should be at my step class! I miss it.
Sherry, my mother had osteoporosis too. So I worry about it. I loved Yoga classes for that kind of stretching, I miss that class too but can't fit it into the schedule. I don't seem to have the discipline for weights by myself. I've started programs a couple of times, but I don't stick with it. I admire people who can stay with it.
Well, I finished my lunch so it's time to get back to work. Lynn
lynnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 02:01 PM   #11  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

awwwww kraw! Moving can be the PITS! Not sure you'll see this but will be thinking of you and hoping you're hanging in there! Think of it as an exercise opportunity! Moved from a lot of apartments in my time . . . My Mom always made sure I took the upstairs "flat" as she called them - less bother/noise if you're the upstairs neighbor she said . . . so moving was always a STAIRCASE Adventure for me thinking back.

I'm thinking a whooosh is coming up for you ilmike4! Anytime the scale moves around like that - I end up getting one the following week if I stay OP. No, beans aren't on Induction I don't think - very healthy and added back in on Phase II OGWL(???) - just too many carbs for Induction. I've ate them and still lost tho' - I think 'cause they're so much better than a sack of Krispy Kremes or whatever else I used to grab 'n eat, ya know?

Oh yeah, I'm ready to ROCKOvember, puncie! (Hmmmmm, worked better with "Rocktober" didn't it?) Wanted to invite you, (or anyone else) who's having trouble with water intake/FOCUSSING in general . . . to join our new "W.O.W." Challenge that's just starting Thursday - a group of fun gals in the "Chicks Up For A Challenge" section under "Support." You can read about it here - I'll brb with the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126049

Very low key/no pressure/welcoming group of great gals that sometime chat or sometime just Post daily goals - has really helped me be AWARE of what I want/need to do in a day and also thinkthinkthink of waterwaterwater!

Had a super great upper body work out yesterday - broke it up into 2 sessions so I had the time to really concentrate on form & breathing sherry. I only work on the circuits per my orthopedic back surgeon - protecting those discs for life - I've got osteo AND degenerative disc. Resting the upper bod today and ready to RIP the lower bod tonight! (That just reminded me to Post/update my ex. minutes in beachies' Oct. ex. Thread - are we going to keep on keeping on in November, beachie? Hope you get to feeling better - love reading about your new plan!)

IA planning is key Sherry - but I find its becoming 2nd nature. Went to a butchers shop up the street that I haven't been to in a year or more . . . LOVELY cuts of meat. Got some sausage & some faboo tasting salami to snack on . . . just saying that it does get easier.

How you doing robin?

I've got to head out a bit early yet again - OFF the OverTime supposedly starting Thursday . . . will miss the CHA-$-CHING - but CANNOT WAIT for these grueling 12-14 hr nights to be OVAH already!

ETA: *Waving to lynnar!!* Just saw your Post . . . how old are you? My metabolism DIED at the onset of early menopause - around 43. Weight lifting I think has made the diff this time around - I'll be 47 in Dec. Even if I just do push ups - I can still lose. (Could not even do ONE p/u - have worked my way to 10 girlies - concentrating on form & breathing - give it a try!)

Last edited by aud; 10-30-2007 at 02:22 PM.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 03:11 PM   #12  
beachbum

Aud-Of course we will continue to do the exercising thread every month.Why not,thats the only way it keeps me accountable to get my exercising done when I see the thread above.

Hugs BB
Old 10-31-2007, 09:16 AM   #13  
beachbum

HAPPYHALLOWEEN

========================LADIES====================

Stayed on program for 3 days now and I sneaked peeked on the :scale,and I down a few pounds. Can't wait until Saturday W-I.

The exercises are interesting,except biking for 30 mins you first start off with 80 rep per min than 4 M reg pedaling back to the 80 reps. on the bike for 10 mins, than you work your upper & lower body for 10 mins and last but not least the cool down for 5 mins. This is done for 5 days and than on the following week you add 5 mins or to biking[15M] etc etc.

I know its going to take time to get my body in shape again,but I'm working on this.

Have a great Morning,

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 10-31-2007 at 09:18 AM.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:06 PM   #14  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone, sorry I've been missing this past week. Just lots going on here. Major crapola with DH's XW and the child support stuff. (she told the child support people that Shelbey was just visiting with us although she has been living with us for 6 months and they garnished DH's wages). Grrrrrrrrrr. I ended up having to hire a new attorney cause our attorney is being to slow and said it would be at least 6 more months before she could get anything done about this.

My car is in the shop being fixed from the head-on with the deer and I'm currently using a rental car.

My eating hasn't been near so perfect as it was, I'm maintaining but still 2 lbs. over goal. Even with all the stress, I'm at least not throwing in the towel and bingeing and I am exercising everyday.

DH went back to work last night, so should have more time to post this week. I have a hard time getting to use the computer when he is home.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 02:07 PM   #15  

So the reason not to weigh yourself between WI's is that when you're up two pounds for absolutely no reason because you've been O.P. and exercised, it's hard to stay focused. You know!! But since it is an unofficial WI, I'll just not think about it. I'm still down 7 pounds darn it!!

Yeah, Aud, it's an age thing. My metabolism is definitely over the hill, but then I'm always surprised when I remember that I am Over the Hill! 51 to be exact, but I really do forget. It's part of the denial thing that I've been practicing ever since the big 5.0. I think it's because I always find myself working with much younger people so it's easier to pretend to be younger. But no secrets here! I'm old and I'm overweight and I'm trying to fix the one thing so I won't be so affected by the other, you know?
lynnar is offline   Reply With Quote