Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 04:24 PM   #1  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Default Weight Loss Plan vs Buying Habits Survey

Hello everyone! My name is Michelle and I've been a member here at 3FC since September 19th, 2006. Not only am I a fellow chick, but I manage to balance a forum challenge, a newly-wed husband and going to work and school full time. When I was asked by my Statistics professor to come up with a survey about any topic I wanted, my first thoughts were to survey organic buying habits. But what would make that even better would be to include people that are dieting and exercising. So I've been given the go ahead for all of you to participate by the 3FC's themselves!

All that I need for you to do is copy the below survey into a private message addressed to me and answer the corresponding questions. Please note that you can only select one answer per question in order for your survey to count.

If for some reason you try to send it through a private message and my box is full, please keep trying!

Just so you know before you get started, there are no right or wrong answers. This needs to be 100% honest in order for my report to work. It's a voluntary survey and should only take about 15 to 20 minutes, which includes pming your results to me. I'm the only one that will see them, and your names will not be attached to them in anyway once I enter them in for my project.

Because this is a project for my class, there is unfortunately a deadline. I need to have all of the completed surveys of people that want to participate in my private message box no later than November 4th.

Thank you so much for helping me out! I'm not sure how Suzanne and the ladies will want to post the results but they will be ready in the upcoming weeks!

Michelle

Pre-qualifying Questions

a. Are you at least 16 years old? Yes or No
b. Are you the primary person that purchases groceries in your household? Yes or No

If you can answer yes to ALL of the pre-qualifying questions, then you can continue on.
--------------------------------------

Question 1: What is your gender?
  1. Male
  2. Female
Question 2: What diet plan are you following? (Please List Only One.)

Question 3: On average, how many times in a month do you purchase groceries?
  1. Once a month
  2. Twice a month
  3. Three times a month
  4. Four times a month
  5. Five times a month or more
Question 4: When purchasing groceries, do you buy any organic products?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Question 5: If you choose not to purchase organic products, why?
  1. Pricing
  2. Not avaliable in my area
  3. Personal choice
  4. Influence by media sources
  5. Other
  6. I purchase organic products
Question 6: If you do purchase organic products, on average, what percentage of your total grocery bill is organic?
  1. 5% or less
  2. 6% to 20%
  3. 21% to 40%
  4. 41% to 60%
  5. 61% to 80%
  6. 81% or more
Question 7: What kinds of products are you purchasing?
  1. Produce
  2. Other food products
  3. Household products
  4. A combination of the above categories
  5. All three categories
Question 8: Do you prefer organic products over non-organic products?
  1. Yes
  2. No
  3. In the middle
  4. It really doesn't matter to me
Question 9: What is the main reason you purchase organic products? (Please only pick one)
  1. Quality vs Non-Organic
  2. Ingredients vs Non-Organic
  3. More avaliable vs Non-Organic
  4. Brand Loyalty
  5. Other
Question 10: Where do you normally purchase your organic products? (Please only chose one)
  1. Farmer's Market
  2. Organic Store
  3. Local Grocery Store
  4. Super Centers
  5. Local Farm Share
  6. Other
Question 11: On average, about how far of a drive is this place from your house?
  1. My products are delivered to my home
  2. Less than 5 minutes
  3. 5 to 20 minutes
  4. 20 to 30 minutes
  5. 30 to 45 minutes
  6. 45 minutes or more
Question 12: The pricing of organic products is fair.
  1. Strongly Agree
  2. Agree
  3. Somewhat Agree
  4. Neutral
  5. Somewhat Disagree
  6. Disagree
  7. Strongly Disagree
Question 13: Do you feel that with your current income, you can afford buying organic products?
  1. Yes
  2. No
  3. Maybe

Thanks again!
Closed Thread