Noes Bleeds?

• Hi all, i been low carb now for umm 7 weeks. i lost loads approachign 40lbs but the last few days i've been getting quite alot of nose bleeds, most unusually for me. i think i've have about 7 small i.e less than 5mins since monday.

does anyone else suffer this? any suggestions. no its not temperature change its not as a result of being punched or coughin/sneezing to much. they are mainly first thing in the morning when i stand up.

i was thinking possibly high blood pressure due to the larger than normal amount of bacon i've been eating which is fairly salty.
  • Are you using your heating system yet? Some people who have dry heating systems (electric or forced hot air) sometimes can have problems with nosebleeds. A humidifier can help.

Nose bleeds can *sometimes* be a sign of a serious medical issue (even if you aren't coughing, sneezing, or getting colds). I would consider scheduling an appointment with your doctor.
  • no heating, i have it all turned off and even still have the window open all day and night. i'll wait a while before bothering the quack, it'll take a week to get and appoinment anyway
  • Dry air. I get nosebleeds every morning too. I don't have heating on and I leave the window open when I sleep and the air is still dry enough to give me a nosebleed. They happen in the middle of the day too occationally.... but yeah if you're worried go to a Dr. But i really would say it's probably just dry air because the seasons are changing. This is the most common month for dry-air nosebleeds to start (even if you dont THINK the air is dry, when you are sleeping it changes)