Old 10-15-2007, 01:52 PM   #1  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Default LOW CARB *CHAT*CHAT* 10/15 thru 10/21

17 days to go in ROCKtober . . . 17 days to KICK IT!

Hiya LC'ers!

Think my tooth nerves died or decided to quit hurting! w00t!

Soooooo ready to get back OP and get in The Zone!

Really have missed exercising - cannot even believe I just typed such a thing!

I'm off on some more errands - getting ready for Tessies' Turning 10 Birthday Bash this Saturday . . . and also hitting the gym . . . got my fingers crossed on the Tooth Thang . . . dentist said to call if pain returns and they'll work me in . . . if not Root Canal still on for next Monday.

Feeling sooooo dehydrated . . . gonna make sure to get my wah-wah in.

How are you all doing?
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 02:07 PM   #2  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

to SalsaSarah! Chat on in here and tell us about yourself!

I've been whacked and OffPlan . . . feeling sluggish and dehydrated as a result. Just so glad to be OUT of pain. Still have a TON of anti-biotic to take - and a delicioso refill of my new Vikingodin Friend!

Determined to get back on the ZONE Wagon irregardless, ya know?

Join me?
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 02:37 PM   #3  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Nothing new to post.Had a wonderful weekend food wise. The scale is showing a loss,but I not going to post it on my ticker until W-I at the end of this week.

Aud-Thanks for starting us up this week.Sending you some for your OP or Zone. Going to walk with my walking tapes this afternoon,before going to the doctors. Good Luck with your tooth. Yikes I hate root canals,I had enough in my day. Ugh!!
Antibiotics I had to take them when I had food poisoning and developed a rash,that I can not get rid of.

Have to go,will post later

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 05:52 PM   #4  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Im still here, and op Things had gotten a little nutty for me. Ive been posting alot more over in chicks in control since that has been a big issue for me, for most of my life. Unfortunately its taken me 40+ yrs to figure out what I need.

Ive been eating good, getting my exercise in, and getting the rest I know I need!

This is going to be a killer week for me. The shop is busy, and I have 4 networking meetings to attend. Ive planned my food for the week, so I should be ok. Plus dh helping where I need him to certainly helps ease the craziness I get over food.

Have a nice evening ladies!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 07:07 PM   #5  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

I had a downhill weekend, in spite of the bravado I felt going in...today was the final straw. I actually feel physically ill today, and I'm having an Ulcerative Colitis flare thanks to it, too. On my way back to school from home, I was re-listening to some older episodes of The FitCast (a health/fitness podcast I listen to weekly). A couple of those were interviews with Cassandra Forsythe, the woman who inspired me to try Atkins in the first place. She's a proponent of ketogenic diets and touts the benefits for weight loss.

Cass is a PhD. candidate and her research is based on ketogenic diets. She did it for her Masters thesis and she's doing it for her PhD. as well. Listening to her reminded me why I wanted to try a ketogenic diet in the first place and why I thought it would be beneficial for me. The key is consistency. I can't be perfect for 5 or 6 days then go on a carb binge--it negates all of the helpful effects of ketosis.

So, that said, I do think that I'm ready to start where I was before... I'm not going to be over-enthusiastic, I'm just going to do it. I make a resolution to JUST DO IT every-other week...but I don't want to keep struggling. The struggle doesn't make me happy. The sugar and refined carbs DON'T make me happy...in fact, they make my intestines cry. So, I'm saying goodbye to junk. Goodbye, junk.

With that, I'm going to link a YouTube video that I thought was REALLY funny having to do with carbs CAUTION: This video does contain some swearing/adult content, so watch with caution and out of the ear shot of kiddies/coworkers. http://youtube.com/watch?v=-kGvtne2zfo
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 07:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 160/133.5/117

Height: a lil under 5'4"

I went off the plan today I think i've probably eaten about 40g of carbs.

I felt really sick this morning, as if my blood sugar was really low so I had some eggs, and I still felt sick so i started eating things with carbs hoping i'd start feeling better.

I do feel better - but i had to go off the plan.

I think i'm going to up my carbs to 30-40 a day because I only lost 2lbs during a little over 3 weeks of induction, and I KNOW i was in ketosis too. It's just too much sacrifice for too little loss of weight.
krawhitham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 09:12 AM   #7  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Morning!!

Ive been up for hours!! Been to a networking meeting, I think I'll go back. Its a weekly thing, a bit better to keep in touch with folks.

Im doing good, down 4 more lbs

Have a great day ladies!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:52 AM   #8  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

I posted yesterday that I was in control over the weekend,but soon as Monday came I slipped,and started craving everything in site while watching T.V. Luckily the scale reported that I just went up .5 .I found a web site that spoke about

10 foods that will curb cravings.
1-Veggies & fruit
2-Whole wheat
3-Beans & Legumes
4-Potatoes
5-fish
6-soy[beans]
7-Flaxseed & Flaxseed oil
8-Nuts & seeds
9-Low Fat plain yogurt
10-Omega 3-Enriched Eggs

Non of the above is on Atkins or l/carbing. except for veggies,eggs.fish & nuts.So what hope is it for us to stop our cravings???

Robin-I was wondering where you've have been lately.You used to post regularly.Have they given you any pointers that you could pass on over here??? Sending you so you can get thought this busy and hectic week.Big congrats on your 4 lb loss. Hey tell us your secret.

AZURE-I don't know what to tell you. My DH always tells me to eat less and go off this diets that we cling too. But it hard not matter what WOE were on. Doing it every other week makes sense as your body will be able to rest on the week your off. Sending your Luck and all the best in what your trying will work for you.

Kraw-Thats how I feeling right now,Don't know if losing or stalling is worth so much effect on any plan anymore. I switched meals around,and now I going to go off of L/C for a while and see what happens.. The only thing that scaring me it that the holidays are right around the corner. When the big eats like family favorites are going to hit the tables. Have to really ponder if I what to go off low carbing.

Have to go,its almost 11 AM and I'm still in my robe.

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 11:38 AM   #9  

Good morning. I guess I was just being impatient yesterday when no one seemed to be on the board. I know I saw something about the forum moving, though, so I'm not just paranoid.
My weekend wasn't too bad foodwise, but going to a bar on Saturday was (predictably) bad for induction. I did drink all low carb (rum and diet coke) but I felt pretty bad on Sunday. So I'm back to low carb and no alcohol for a while.
I'm still struggling with snacks. I get hungry sometimes and I'm still looking for something you can grab out of the fridge and eat. If I was doing Weight Watchers, I'd be stocking up on grapes. Or if I was just counting calories, I'd get myself some rice cakes or lite microwave popcorn. But low carb snacks aren't that easy. The carvings are under control (Thank God) but I still get hungry. The cheese calls to me at night!!
Today is one of my long days and I brought my left over pork chops to the office for breakfast (DD had very early cross country practice) and I have my salad with grilled chicken for lunch, but I didn't bring any dinner. I'll probably get a burger and throw away the bun, but that won't be enough food so I'll be standing in front of the fridge when I finally get home at 9 or 10 p.m. Not good. And I need a little wind down time when I work a long day like this before I can go to sleep. Too bad, because that would be a good option at 9 or 10 when you can't find anything to eat. Well, I'll figure something out and post about it tomorrow!

Last edited by lynnar; 10-16-2007 at 11:39 AM. Reason: typo
lynnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 12:24 PM   #10  
Mrs. Determined

S/C/G: 243/ /150

Hey there Ladies!

I'm still here, just been busy at work and doing things with the family.

Still on plan and exercising. I'm losing inches now, my size 20 jeans are feeling loose on me. I can't wait to get into a size 18!

My food has been pretty much the same things every day. I don't get tired of it because I'm so used to what I eat already.
Although at times I will go to LindaSue's website and make her Taco Bake, it's so good. What I love about her site is that she has all the carb counts on each recipes so we know how much we're eating.
Anyway that seems to help me.

Don't forget to eat fats, that's what keeps our appetite under our control. Use whole mayo for tuna, egg or chicken salads, use olive oil for your salads and veggies. Eat red meats, chicken with the skin on it and you will be surprised at how you become less hungry. If you feel hungry again, eat some protein with fat. Make some hamburger patties and keep them in the fridge, eat them for dinner or lunch. If you get hungry snack on one. Or make sliders and put a slice of cheese on them. Just make sure to eat fats, that's what helps us to lose weight and curb our cravings. I highly recommend using Linda's Low carb website and making foods from her recipes if we get bored with what we're eating. So many things to choose from!
And be careful of dairy products, they will sometimes stall us.
Certain alcohol is allowed with no carbs.

I would just like to say, being patient is so important. I know we want to get thin quick, but it's really better to lose slow. Let our bodies adjust and then we'll start losing. Don't forget inches are just as, if not more, important than what the scale shows. I look like I'm starting to get a waist, lol!

We can lose the weight, we just need to be consistant all the time with our eating. I think by shocking our bodies may do more harm because now it has to adjust to other foods, then what it was used too. But that's just my experience.

I see people like JersyGyrl and how she just perserverd, didn't change a thing and lost her weight, being dilligent and patient with herself. In time she took off all the weight she needed.
Atkins does work! We can lose weight on this plan but we need to stick to it and do it the way we're supposed to.

I'm just trying to encourage you all, not to give up or think that this is hard. Getting to my goal weight is more appealing to me than drinking a beer or eating a hc food. I've come this far not to blow it and I know you Ladies feel the same. Hang in there, and don't get discouraged! You all can do this, I know it!

Take Care!!!
FitinTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 12:54 PM   #11  

Lynn I agree with you about low carb snacks...It's hard to always snack on pepperoni or celery or something...after 3 weeks of induction and NO snacking I SERIOUSLY need something to snack on now!!
Old 10-16-2007, 12:58 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitinTime View Post

I would just like to say, being patient is so important. I know we want to get thin quick, but it's really better to lose slow. Let our bodies adjust and then we'll start losing. Don't forget inches are just as, if not more, important than what the scale shows. I look like I'm starting to get a waist, lol!

We can lose the weight, we just need to be consistant all the time with our eating. I think by shocking our bodies may do more harm because now it has to adjust to other foods, then what it was used too. But that's just my experience.

I see people like JersyGyrl and how she just perserverd, didn't change a thing and lost her weight, being dilligent and patient with herself. In time she took off all the weight she needed.
Atkins does work! We can lose weight on this plan but we need to stick to it and do it the way we're supposed to.

I'm just trying to encourage you all, not to give up or think that this is hard. Getting to my goal weight is more appealing to me than drinking a beer or eating a hc food. I've come this far not to blow it and I know you Ladies feel the same. Hang in there, and don't get discouraged! You all can do this, I know it!

Take Care!!!
Thank you for this!! I need some motivation to just STAY on track, I guess when EVERYONE I know loses at least 5lbs on induction, and I lose nothing, literally i didnt lose a thing on induction, it's frustrating and I KNOW Atkins is working, it just seems like it is working differently for me than for other people T
Old 10-16-2007, 01:43 PM   #13  

Kraw, I think I know where you're coming from. At my last WI (before the weekend!) I was still down about 7 pounds after four weeks on atkins and down about 2 pounds since week 2. I feel like something's working, but right now my pants are killing me. Way too tight. My goal was to get back into wearing my work clothes comfortably in a couple of weeks. Ha!
Fitintime does a great pep talk though. I'm going to keep trying! I feel like this is my last chance after trying (and failing) at so many other diets/lifestyle changes, etc. I've even been to the doctor who gave me diet pills that I didn't like at all. I've thought about surgery, but I know someone who had bad results and I don't have the money. So Atkins has to work!!!
Old 10-16-2007, 01:52 PM   #14  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

Good morning. I had a bad, high carb weekend and feel awefull. Eating bad food makes me feel so sick and yet I can't stop myself once I start. So I'm back to square 1, and clearing off the treadmill.
I'm so hungry today, the first day back is so hard.
Thanks for the encouraging posts everyone and CONGRATS to everyone who lost!

My favorite LC snack is pickles, the Jar claims they have 1 carb per 30gr. but 0 callories. Impossible? does anyone know how they can make this claim? I eat a lot of them and they've never stalled me.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 02:00 PM   #15  

Pickles? Hadn't thought about them. May have to stop at the store on my way home. Thanks.