Old 10-18-2007, 06:50 PM   #46  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Time for a check-in! I want to announce that this is Day 3 of eating like a champ. I ALMOST had a breakdown today, but I stopped myself. I brought my car into the shop yesterday for an oil change and to get an alignment (my car's been making a strange noise since I got new tires put on a month ago, so I thought it might be an alignment issue). When I get there to pick it up, there some "bad news". I owe them $100 for the oil change/alignment--okay, I was expecting that. But my noise isn't gone. In fact, it's being caused by a busted hub bearing and I need to replace it. So, I order the part, drive back to school and bring my car back in today for the repair. It's going to cost me $180...they call 30 minutes after I drop it off to say they've got some bad news...

My bearing/knuckle/etc are all stuck together. They tried everything to get it off, heating, using corosive stuff, a 20-ton press and no dice. They even bent something trying to get it off (joy). So, I can't drive it out of there. They have to get ahold of a new knuckle thing so they can yank off the knuckle/bearing that's there and replace all of it. They're hoping they don't destroy the drive shaft in the process (God knows I don't want to replace THAT)...

I was stressed about spending $280 in two days on my car. Now I don't have a car, won't have it for the weekend, and I have no idea what a knuckle's going to cost me in addition to the parts/labor I'm already spending. I'm HOPING they didn't hurt my drive shaft trying to get that thing off, because if they did, that's going to be even MORE money...it's turning into a nightmare. I'm a college student, I can't afford this stuff...my parents are working-class living check-to-check themselves and they can't afford to help me, either.

I'm super stressed out and when I got back to my apartment (a nice boy at Sears garage gave me a ride), I was feeling really REALLY upset. I felt a binge urge going on. I considered walking to Target for something sweet, I considered buying it at the cafe near my building, I considered ordering Pizza Hut. Instead, I grabbed a Diet Coke, lay down on my bed and cried for a little bit. When I had my soda and calmed down, I had some On-Plan food for dinner...and I found I didn't even want that junk anymore.

Isn't it interesting how our emotional habits dictate things like that?

Anyway, I'm going to go take a shower, hang out with some friends and wallow in my misery. Have a good night, ladies.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 12:17 AM   #47  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Aud, thanks for the beer info. , DH already thinks he's on a diet cause he switched to BUD Light, LOL. He makes me sick anyway cause he has the rock hard body of a teenager still and he's 43.

BB, it's good to see ya again too. I think my long weeks of antibiotics wreaked havoc on my weight too. I was ravenously hungry, sick and couldn't exercise. Glad you are feeling better now too.

BB, I wish I could make those revolution rolls. I tried them once and mine were so flat, I put SF syrup on them and ate them like pancakes. I'm great at cooking meals, but I suck at baking.

I had another totally on plan day today. A total of 17 carbs again. Lacy and I ate dinner out at Garfields and although her plate of mexican food looked really yummy, I behaved and ate a spinach/ grilled chicken salad. My salad was very good but it didn't keep me full for long. Tonite I ate some celery and LF cheese.

I think my cal's are coming in a little too low with my LC eating. I had only 895 cal's yesterday and 927 today. The reason is that most of the food in my house was already lowfat and I didn't want to chunk it, so I'm using it. But, I did buy me some bacon and sausage today so my cal's will go up some tomorrow.

I haven't exercised yet today except the 4 hours shopping at the mall and then 2 hrs. of standing at the football game (the stadium was too packed to get a seat). I still need to walk on my beloved treadmill.

FitinTime, I live near a small town called Poteau OK, or just outside of Ft. Smith Arkansas. It's a long way from Enid,and I've never heard of Hunter OK. (LOL, I didn't think there was a town in OK that I hadn't heard of).

Azure, sorry about your car problems. You did a great job though of not drowning your sorrows in junk food. (which I sometimes have a problem with). Occasionally when I have a stressful day I convince myself that I Deserve to eat crappy.

I went a little wild with shopping today. Bought me 3 new shirts , 3 Old Navy Hoodies and 4 more pairs of silky undies. LOL, I started to buy DH a new coat, but figured he could wait.

Last edited by lilybelle; 10-19-2007 at 12:23 AM.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 05:57 AM   #48  
sarah250

S/C/G: 250/246/170

Height: 5'6

Hi Im still fairly new here I'm hoping to find a sort of low carb buddy that i can check in with once in a wiel through e-mail or somthing anyway Ive seen so many storys onhere it makes me feel good to know people here have been at the point i am and made it through and there goel

Last edited by salsa sarah; 10-19-2007 at 06:02 AM.
salsa sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 10:04 AM   #49  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Today,my senior singing group is going to preform at a local nursing home,so I have to start my dinner earlier than usual.

Stepped on the scale,just to sneak pick of what it was saying and I found I'm down .5, not much but it great for me as I stalled at 164 for 3 weeks. See what the scale says to me tomorrow at my official W-I.

Finding that my new way of eating is working,not so much weight wise but I don't have that full feeling when going to bed and I don't have the heart burn like I used to, so thats a great thing.

Azure-Glad that you're controlling your eat and Sad about your car problems. Yikes!! I know when you have car problems it could be every expensive.Hope that it won't be that expensive,that you can't afford it.Please by all means don't stress and get back into that eating frenzy that happened a few weeks ago. You're in the ZONE and you want to stay there. Sending your some good :vibes and some that you stay in control. You're amazing how you calmed yourself down,wish I had your control the scale would certainly move down. Bigs Congrats for that.

LILY-The rev rolls are flat at least mine are.What I do is dropped 2 1 tb of mixture right next to each other and make them rectangular shape. The mixture than makes 8 rolls,and I put minced onion & salt on top,and when I feel like having bread I take one roll out of the freezer and I put what ever I want on it and cut them in 1/2 to made a sandwich .the original recipe is .7 carbs for a roll so mine than become 1.4 and if I two rolls is 2.8. SO SIMPLE. try them again. Not doing a pure Atkins anymore, I'm more or less on the counting calories.I'm trying to stay between 1200-1400 calories per day. My carb are running about 130-176 for this week according to fit day. Don't know if I should lower them to under 100.We'll see at tomorrow's W-I.

Salsa Sarah-We can all be your buddies if your post on this thread. That the only thread I come to day by day.,and if I'm not here to cheer you on some one else will do it.

Have to go,will post when I get back from the nursing home.

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 10-19-2007 at 12:26 PM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 11:32 AM   #50  
Mrs. Determined

S/C/G: 243/ /150

Hi Everybody!

Azure, I'm so sorry about your car situation! I'm hoping you run into a big blessing and will be able to take care of your car.
But good for you for not giving in to your emotions and want to binge!! That took alot of strength, way to go!
Hang tight, it will all work out for you!!

Hey BB, all right on the lb lost. It all adds up, don't forget that!! That is awesome your involved in a singing group and how wonderful that you're going to be entertaining a nursing home! God Bless you and your group for that!!

Hi Lilybell, I'm the same way about AZ. I don't know all the cities here too and it's especially sad when my husband who isn't a native, has heard of a city here that I have never heard of! Good Job eating on Plan too!!!

SalsaSarah, Hi there! You can post to us here like BB said, we're all here to help and support you and each other. If you want to PM anybody, I'm sure we're all be happy to talk to you anytime. Just know that we all lay it on the line here. We're not ashamed or embarrassed by anything anymore, LOL!
We have NO shame here!! LOL
So just speak what's on your mind and we'll be here for ya Hon!!

Hi Aud, how's everything going today, must be busy this morning! Hope you're having a great day so far!!

Hi Lynnar, Robin, Hope you both are doing good. Hang in there Ladies, you're gonna start losing weight before you know it!!!

Hi Missy, Ilovemike, where are you two! Come and check in with us, missing you 2! Hope you 2 have a great day too! Sending you both

Bouncing, I hope your doing okay?! Check in if you have time!

Hi Kim, need your daily check in and advice!!!

Have a Great Day all, or please try too!!!
FitinTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 12:57 PM   #51  
lilybelle

Hi everyone,

This morning I weighed myself again. I am down another 3 lbs. Which makes no sense at all. Granted, I'm not complaining. But, how on earth can I be up 6 lbs. on Wed. morning and down 5 of those by Friday morning ? I ate horrible last week and had resigned myself to thinking it wasn't water weight. Could I possible have only gained a lb. or 2 of fat and the rest was water? Does this ever happen to anyone else. A huge quick gain and then a huge quick loss? I have had this happen several times before. I've even wondered if it has to do with my medications and my health problems. TMI, I know, but I had been terribly constipated last week and that is now resolved. Maybe I was literally "just full of it". Anyway, I was so surprised to see 146 lbs. again on the scale this morning, that I weighed 3 times to make sure it was my actual weight.

My only problem with all this, is since I've done this so many times, it's easy to let myself go hog-wild for a week. It's like I tell myself "so what if I gain 5 lbs, I can take it back off the very next week". Believe me, this is dangerous thinking.There will come a time when one week stretches to 3 or more and I don't get it back off. This scares the crap out of me. If I had to really work my butt off for 3 months to get 5 lbs. back off, I think I'd be a lot more darn careful.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:57 PM   #52  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

aww, az, that sooo sux! ummm - am I the only one that thinks that if Sears bent the drive shaft that Sears should replace? Hoping that doesn't have to come up tho' and HURRAH for not eating the WORLD with an unexpected crisis! Came really close myself - undescribably BAD nite at work - so much stress in so many levels/areas - almost did a late nite ice cream run! Watered up instead and feeling strong for my efforts. POWERFUL urge resisted - it's amazing how powerful that bad habit urge is - isn't it?

THAT's who's missing fittie - ilovemike!!! And here I thought I wouldn't forget that name due to it being DH's!! Where are ya GF????My Halloweenie Goal was 199 too and altho' I've come off my cheat induced stall . . . don't think it's happening this time around - more like a Thanksgiving goal. I sneaked a peak at the scale and I'm still going down but am paying for my mistakes of earlier in the month - which is a good lesson eh lilyb? If it was that ez . . . I can see me rationalizing my binges until I weighed in around 350# or something. Hang in there finding your balance.

What songs will you be singing at the nursing home beachie? Medleys? Envy you and lynnar for being "crafty!" I've tried and tried over the years to have a hobby like sewing . . . just don't have that knack, ya know? I remember a craft that my Grandma did for years (I still have some in my closet) - she would weave yarn around wire coat hangers - decorative and functional - protecting nice clothes from the wire and look so cute in the closet. As an adult - I've never seen these anywhere and wouldn't begin to know how to do it . . . have always thought that MIGHT be a craft I could do.

Jump on in here salsa sarah & tell us about yourself - prolly looks hard to fit in here but really it's not, I promise! Where you at on your journey? I'm on kind of PERMA-INDUCTION - until I get the bulk of this weight off - I have a 21 yr old (who recently moved out - did I tell ya?) . . . a a Birthday Girl who is 10 today!

Speaking of which - better get my butt off of here and get ready - having the party tomorrow - lots to do . . . ttya in the Wee Hours after the 2nd shift . . .
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 03:34 PM   #53  
beachbum

Aud-We sang all sort of songs
Getting to Know You,No Business Like Show Business,Autumn Leaves,Button Up Your Overcoat,and we finished up with America the Beautiful ,and God Bless America.Then we had a medley if songs for the people to sing along with us.

I done this for 10 years and I love seeing the peoples happy faces.

At the nursing home a funny thing happened to me when parking my car in the lot. I was swarmed with yellow jackets when I came out of my car. There was a crap apple tree in front of the parking space and lots of them on the floor filled with these yellow jackets. I screamed for my friends to recuse me,and one girl opened my car and I got in and moved my car to another place away from the trees. When I came out,to go home the bees in the car were gone.

Lily-BIG BIG CONGRATS on your 5 lb weight loss. You did fantastic. I wish my scale was nice to me,but it isn't. I have 20 pounds to lose of 2 cruises weight gain.Not coming off at all.I'll be lucky to have .5 for tomorrows W-I.

Hugs

BB

Last edited by beach bum; 10-19-2007 at 04:05 PM.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:47 PM   #54  
lilybelle

Ladies, I got so aggravated with my SD, Shelbey, a while ago. She had a friend spend the night and they begged me to take them to IHOP. I refused cause we have a houseful of food already here and IHOP is an hr. away. So, she picked up the phone and ordered food for her and her friend. She ordered a large pizza, a calzone, an order of cheese breadsticks and an order of cinnamon breadsticks and 2 large chocolate chip cookies. OMG< I had to bite my tongue and leave the room while they pigged out on all that junk. Yes, I've overdone it at times, I've even had pizza , but never, ever, ever in my life that much junk in one meal. They even washed it all down with a 2Liter bottle of Dr. Pepper. She paid for all this herself, but the money wasn't the point. Shelbey has been whining and moaning about gaining weight. (Ya,think). She is only 15 and loves to buy expensive clothes. If this continues , I wonder how she's gonna feel having to shop at Lane Bryant soon. I am thankful that at least Lacy had the sense to eat what I cooked and not partake in their hog trough.

My son came by for lunch and he ate my cooked food. He's not too awfully tactful with the girls, so he told Shelbey "I see you ordered the could my *** possible get any bigger meal". LOL.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:47 PM   #55  
Mrs. Determined

S/C/G: 243/ /150

Or she could shop at Torrid, they have cooler clothes there! LOL
FitinTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 09:58 PM   #56  
lilybelle

FitinTime, I mean really what is she gonna do next yr. when she can't shop at A&F, AE, Aeropostale anymore. She wears sizes 12-14 now. I think these are as big of sizes as these "popular" store go to.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:35 AM   #57  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Had a bad rain/wind storm last night,but there no flooding or damage so I guess we can consider ourselves lucky.

W-I this morning and it was the same as yesterday so, I changed my ticker.I only lost .5 but the tickers only goes down 1 lb,but I was stalling for over a month I had to change it for my own sanity.

LILY-The old saying "you are what you eat."
Don't get me wrong I'm not a diet puritist myself,but I alway allow myself a cheat day,not with junk foods but extra helpings of healthy foods.Sorry to hear that a fifteen year old eats so unhealthy when you setting a great example with the right foods. If she doesn't watch, she will be heading for Lane Bryant. Good Luck in trying to persuade her to do the right thing.

Have a great morning will be back to post this afternoon

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 10-20-2007 at 09:38 AM.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:12 PM   #58  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Lily, I'm sorry to hear about the issues with your Step Daughter. Being 15, she's probably still in a rebellious phase. How best to be rebellious against a parent who has struggled with her weight and encourages healthy living? Eat junk, of course! I always feel badly for girls her age who are overweight, only because I was that girl for so long--all through most of elementary school, middle school and high school. I dearly wish to this day that I had taken control over that so much earlier. I'm only 22, so I'm getting control of it now, but I wish I hadn't had to go through being the fat girl in high school. I've shopped at Layne Bryant (before stores like Torrid existed)...I remember how mortified I was when I went there with my mom. I have an urge to reach out to those girls...to ask them to stop sabotaging themselves. I know it's hard, Lily...very hard. Unfortunately, if she's doing this to rebel, the more you protest, the more likely it is that she'll keep pushing the issue. At least, that's how it worked with my younger sister during her rebellious days (except in my sister's case, it was drugs and alcohol...).
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 02:04 PM   #59  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

So many parents at work bring in those brochures/sales for their kids - I order stuff here & there and then totally forget til it comes in - been surprised by lots of chocolates myself fittie! Actually HATE how they guilt kids into being lil salespeople - I pay enuf taxes to fund 10 public schools not to mention buying all the "classroom supplies" each year.

Rant over.

Now I try to buy just the cute lil candles/calendars/magazines whatever isn't EDIBLE! LOL!

LOVE the "old-time" songs beachie and bet they do bring on the SMILES! Just last night I had a Boss spying/harrassing on a group of workers . . . I got some of them to start singing with me -"Someone To Watch Over Me" . . . many of the younger set had no idea WTH we were singing but played along gamely! It was a riot - and so much more rewarding to see his face than if I had been confrontational, ya know? That was one of my Mom & Dad's faves along with "I'll Be Seeing You." Both make me tear up at times. But in a good way, ya know?

Steph sounds well on her way to being a binge eater lily. I HAVE ordered that much food - could be she IS rebelling trying to tick you off . . . could be that she's high with the munchies or could be that she's dealing with all the emotional/hormonal angst of being that age with food binges/comfort eating. Or a combination. All are self destructive and I am going to put both you & ds on my prayer list.

Gosh, I bet it is easier to be a teen BOY or a step DAD instead of a teenage GIRL or a step MOM!

I am in FULL ZONE MODE LC Cyber Pals . . . WHOOOOOOOOOOSH is in full swing . . . I am a ketogenic - thermodynamic - fantastic fat burning MACHINE! From a bloated up 220 and 1/2 Monday - to 213 last nite on the scale!!!!!

Gotta love Atkins!

I've ate the most delicious food in the right intervals . . . stayed soooo hydrated on crisp cool water and walked walked walked every chance I got - VOILA!

okokok . . . NOW just have to KEEP IT GOING thru the company is coming - slumber party stress!

I know I can do it . . . and you can to!

TTYAL!

Last edited by aud; 10-20-2007 at 02:06 PM.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 02:29 PM   #60  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Im having issues with my lack of carb intake

Yesterday was a really bad day. Not as much for craving, but feeling really down, dragged out, and weirdly jittery. So I went home, and ate alot of carby stuff. Ok, so today Im better. Its not the first time this has happened.

So I am going to try, oatmeal for breakfast every morning with my protein shake, for the next week and see how that works. Its scary, because I dont want the craving issues, but I dont want the crappy feelings either.

Any thoughts?
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote