Old 10-05-2007, 03:23 PM   #61  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

BB, MMMMM.... pea soup. I'v kinda been craving it since I'v been sick, so when I read your post it made me Laugh. Wish there was a LC version of that.

Fit, Thanks for the well wishes. I Think I'll check out the taco bake, it sounds delishous.

Welcome Ladean, Way to go keeping it off for 3 years, thats great!

Lynar, I realy enjoyed your post. I can relate to the obsesing about the food to the piont of not consentrating on anything else (even when I'm not realy hungry). And boring food works for me too. I don't think about food as much when I'm OP. The more variety I have the more I eat.

Robin, Sleep is so important, It's so much harder to care about what your eating when you're so tired. I hope things settle down a bit for you so you can catch up on your ZZ's. Awsome that your buisness is doing so well though!

Aud, We'll never be sick of you, no matter how many galaxies you eat. We all fall of the wagon, I'v fallen off so many times I'm black and blue, well mostly blue. Thats what we're here for, to help with the jumping right back on and movin' on part.
I'm sure glad I don't have your job, I'd be a wrek.

Hi Lily, Glad you're feelin' better and back with us.

Azz, I hope it works out for you and that you continue to chat with us, I read that the average person eats about 300grams carbs, so 112 could still be considered LC.

Bouncie? You still with us?

I hope everyone has a great friday!
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 03:26 PM   #62  
Hello Friend

Also wanted to let you know someone posted a link to a blog about thermodynamics over in the maintenanc forum that was very interesting. Go over and check it out if you get a chance.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:44 PM   #63  
On a De-fluffing Quest

S/C/G: 250/c sig/160

Height: 5'5"

Hello ladies, truth be told I'm having a very bad couple of days. Having some difficulties with my fiance. I found out last night that the married man I had an affair with years ago(I know, it's awful, I used to be a terrible person) Well anyways, I find out that this man divorced his wife shortly after I cut off contact with him about 5 years ago, and eventually married someone else. I feel like being upset about this is sort of like "cheating" on my fiance, but I just can't help myself. I can't help but fall into what-if thinking. Meanwhile, my fiance is being difficult about planning our wedding. I probably shouldn't have done it, but I agreed that I wanted to lose a certain amount of weight before we got married. He's being difficult, said he's just not excited about planning the wedding, or booking a date or anything, until he sees more progress. I don't want to make him out to be a bad guy or anything. I mean, I'm not going to fool myself into thinking that weight is not an issue in relationships. KWIM? I wonder if any of you ladies can relate. I hope nobody responds back with any "he's a jerk" or anything, because I do love him, and he is just as open and honest and kind as he can be.

Anyways, the good side of all this emotional turmoil I'm going through is that I haven't used any of it as an excuse to go off plan. And that is kind of rare for me. I'm determined to lose weight for good this time, I feel like my future children depend on it, since I have fertility issues that are exacerbated by the weight. I can't let emotional crap get in the way of what I really want in life anymore.

Azure... that still sounds like a good lo-carb plan to me. I mean, 112 carbs is still very low compared to the government recommended food pyramid..Don't get me started on that one! And it's great that she focuses so much on natural non-processed foods. I think you'll have good success with that diet, especially since you exercise so much.

Lily.. welcome back! Glad you're over being sick. I'm waiting to have the money to join a gym too! :LOL:

AUD... glad you're here posting your ups and downs. It helps me get back on the wagon too. I had a great week this week, and I know it's because I didn't succumb to feeling bad about myself and jumping down into that "I'll never lose weight" ice-cream eating pity party. I've been 100% on plan for 5 days now and I feel great!

lynn... that weight watchers sounds like a nightmare to me. My fiance had an interesting observation about what happens when I do planning/calorie counting. I become obsessed about food. I seem to have the same kind of success you're talking about when I just stick to 5 or so basic foods and eat them every day. It's the same as when I'm off the plan and feeling bad about myself and eating nothing but icecream, chinese food, and burgers. So why not just stick to the handful of low-carb foods that I love and are easy to prepare? It seems to me that turning the food into quick no-brainer meals gives me more time to focus on life instead of food.

I'm sorry I'm not doing more personal hellos... but I suppose I gotta get back to work. Thanks for letting me vent here ladies. I hope you all enjoy my soap operas!
MissyFluffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 03:49 PM   #64  
On a De-fluffing Quest

S/C/G: 250/c sig/160

Height: 5'5"

Oh.. one more thing.

BEach bum... I am going to take your advice about the weighing myself daily... at least part way. It seems that since when I get bloated, the scale goes up and I get all upset, I just won't weigh myself when I'm bloated. I'll do the ring test first thing in the morning, if my ring doesn't fit, I won't get on the scale that day. Seems easy enough.
MissyFluffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 05:12 PM   #65  
Hello Friend

Flufs, Sorry your having a hard time right now. Weight has never been an issue in my relationship, other than the fact I have little energy and don't feel atractive. My DH Feels the same way about me regardless. I was thinner when we met and my weight has fluctuated over the years since then (mostly up) I was 195 when we go married. There could be other reasons he's not excited about planning or setting a date, maybee he just uses this because you said you wanted to lose more first. A lot of guys just aren't in to wedding stuff, especialy the planning part.
I think most people look back at things in the past and say "what if?" it deosn't mean you don't love your current BF. So don't stress over it. (Unless you truely wish you where still with him)
ANyhoo... Good for you sticking with it through the stress.
Old 10-06-2007, 10:18 AM   #66  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Nothing new,Leo & I are going to rest this weekend as we're not feeling well.Just found out one of my friends in my choir died yesterday,so thats up setting my life right now.Funeral will be Wednesday,as Monday is a holiday.

I was suppose to W-I this morning but I forgot,along with my meds. Was hungry and had my breakfast without thinking that I had to W-I.Will do so tomorrow instead.

ROBIN-Thanks I found the blog,thanks for sharing.

Fit-Don't know how & why I have its seat gland dysfunction but I do. Hope iges away as fast as it came.

Lynn-I like those NSV also, keep up the good work.

ilovemike -Having two jobs must be hard on you and your diet. You never have a exact time when you'll be eating.Luckly I'm retired and can have my meals anytime.Good luck on your Atkins diet this Monday.

LILYGlad to see you posting again. I know life can get you busy especially when a baby is concerned. Happy that your back to excercise and starting the low carb woe again.

AZURE-You have to do what is good for you. Going to miss your daily post. I like Jillian Michaels from the biggest losers and even though I won't buy the book I got a lot of information about what she has in her books from the biggest loser message board, that I bookmarked.

Punceziila-Don;t like pea soup at all,my dh loves it. Chicken barley is my favorite soup right now.

MISSY FLUFF-Thats they only way I know that would keep the blues away from a weigh-in. I saw to many time as a WW meeting where ladies actually cried say they follow the diet to a TEE and their weight was up on the scale and others saying that they cheated and they had a good weigh-in. FLUCTUATIONS on the scale can be devastating,so that why I use the average weight loss instead.

Have to go,will checking later

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 11:10 AM   #67  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Height: 5'6"

Well today is my dads birthday and I am glad that I am not starting till Monday cause he wants to go out for pizza. Well I hope all you ladies are doing good. I am at work right now so i have to make this short.
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 12:57 PM   #68  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Hiya LC'ers!

Looks like Our Forum changes got done while I was actually reading everyones Posts - ahhh technology. Had no probs coming here so all is well so far, eh?

Have to work again tonight . . . just getting soooo drained from it all . . . contract not ratified yet - my local one of only 3 that have turned the puppy down. Stressful to the max!

I'm moving on with the disappointment in how I've been handling the schedule changes & aforementioned stress - by putting it all in perspective . . . no, I haven't handled it all perfectly . . . but waaaaaaay better than I handled things over the years, ya know? Exercise has been the key this time . . . that and waterwaterwater.

26 days . . . 26 days until end of October - Halloween!

Glad you Posted some personal stuff MF! Makes me feel better about the things I just went ahead and shared over time here with you cyber-buds, ya know? Not gonna say your DF is a "jerk" etc . . . but would consider from my soon to be 47 experience stand point that his being "difficult" til he sees some "progress" as a gigantically waving red flag. Not a big fan of Conditional Love. NOW-not LATER-is the time for you to work things like this out and you mentioning it here shows that on some level you already know this & are taking your time on this. Smart Girl!

Reading along here - I've gotta agree that on any other wol/woe I tend to become obsessed and fixated on food. Didn't really think about it until reading you gals' experiences. With LC/Atkins - I have ventured now and then for some bread replacements and/or desserts at times - but now that I think about it - that kind of leads me back into obsession at this point in my journey, ya know? I'll make lots and lots of the lc bread - or look & look for different desserts and then just THINK & THINK about them.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr . . . weird! And something I need to work out for myself if I ever hope to be a real maintainer.

IA that for now . . . sticking with a core group of foods is the best idea for me. Definitely need to address and work thru the obsession issue for future maintenance success, I think.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 01:14 PM   #69  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

I feel a little foolish, ladies! I took the macronutrient breakdown provided in Jillian's book and tried to make some menus with her suggested food list last night. For "Fast Oxidizers" she says that fatter meats (and dark meat) are best, as is full fat dairy, etc. I would only get 50g of fat with my calorie intake based on her percentages, and I would have to be eating almost ALL of that in just the meat alone, if I also wanted to make the protein grams she has required.

I was getting a headache trying to create a SINGLE DAY'S menu with her macronutrient breakdown. So, I've decided that instead of give myself something ELSE to stress over, I'm going to stick to Atkins. I think no matter what, something more "Low Carb" than the typical American diet is best. What I'm going to do is stay for one more week at Induction-level, then start bumping up my carbs in incriments. I want to add in a daily dose of berries and nuts after the first week, and I'll see where I go from there. I don't think that I would have been able to keep Jillian's Macro breakdown...112 carbs is a LOT after being used to under 20 for awhile! I think if I end up ultimately somewhere around 60, I'll be set for life.

I haven't ever attempted the Atkins "OWL" phase...so I'm going to stick to this for now. I don't have to THINK too hard about how to eat on Atkins, it's easy as long as I can resist my binging urges. I know from past experience that even allowing a more varied selection of "other" foods doesn't make my binging urges go away. I'll be dealing with those compulsions no matter what diet I'm following.

So, since I'm on a 12-week program that involves NO BINGING It won't matter about the glycogen/water weight regain for now...since I won't have to deal with it again. Hopefully by the time I've completed the 12-week program, I'll have a good carb-level that allows for more veggies, some berries (and maybe the occasional apple) and nuts/peanut butter.

Thanks for being here for me, ladies. I appreciate that you support me no matter what. You really are a huge support for me on this forum, and I'm SO glad that when I went looking for "Atkins/Weight Loss Forums" on Google, that I found 3FC and then, you.

Last edited by Azure; 10-06-2007 at 01:17 PM.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 10:37 AM   #70  
It's my perogative!

Hello guys. Well I woke up this morning and I am sick. Great huh. So I am just dropping by to say hi and hope that everyone has a relaxed sunday.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:04 PM   #71  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Just checking in to say I going to rest the entire day as I was rushed to the Emergency Room early this morning with Heart Palpitation. All is OK now.

The House Doctor took a EKG & my blood pressure along with some blood work all is fine. I have not idea that is causing them. Except for stress over my friend dieing on Friday and my DH having to go to the hospital for a throat stretch.

The doctor is putting me on a time release meds to stop the heart fluttering.

Hope very one has a great Columbus Day weekend,and I'll be back later to see who everyone doing.

With all this going on I forgot to W-I so I guess it will be prosponed until tomorrow.

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 10-07-2007 at 12:06 PM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 02:46 PM   #72  
Hello Friend

Mornin' fellow Losers.

Sorry about your troubles BB, Glad you're OK! I hope you feel better soon.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

I ate SO much yesterday, but all OP and I am down another lb this morning!
Amazing!
Old 10-07-2007, 03:33 PM   #73  
Mrs. Determined

S/C/G: 243/ /150

BB- I'm really sorry to hear about your friend.
I glad to hear you're doing better today, I also hope your DH is okay too!
Well, take care of yourself and I hope you have a restful day today!!

Get well soon Ilovemike!!

WTG again to you Punce!!

Last edited by FitinTime; 10-07-2007 at 03:36 PM.
FitinTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 07:59 PM   #74  
It's my perogative!

Hey BB the palptations are probably from the stress. Just try to relax or if you are taking in large amounts of caffiene that will do it too. I hope that you get better.